Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

And I thought the Smash Bros fake leaks were obnoxious. Whoever sent out this fake announcement to raise people's excitement only to have it utterly crushed, is just as bad or worse than those dudes.:/

• Thumbs Up 1

"Support" hue. 

Seriously though, was this really the approach they thought "yep, this is what will make fans feel like we understand!"

Heaven will be one of the areas in the Olympus Coliseum/Mt. Olympus world. Zeus is basically a given at this point to show up.

• Thumbs Up 2

So now that Cloud is in Smash this means Sora being in Smash is completely possible as long as Disney doesn't mind. Do you guys want Sora in Smash? Not gonna lie, I'd flip out if he was in Smash. He'd be my main forever.

also, what was your reaction to Cloud in Smash? I was not expecting that at all. Hell, I'd be less shocked if Xür from Destiny made it in Smash. Cloud came literally out of nowhere with his awesomeness and just omg.

• 2 weeks later...

So more info about the D23 event was discussed, and apparently during the "The Making of KH3" video, they showed off a 3D version of Daybreak Town. Unfortunately since that was exclusive to the event, we won't be seeing that anytime soon unless another trailer with it releases. So...thoughts? I think it makes sense given the X series's growing importance, and the place looks gorgeous already. I just hope they are able to differentiate it from Radiant Garden enough so that it feels like it's own world and not a clone. A lot of original worlds in KH3 so far...hoping we get one more world announcement before the end of the year. Especially with TGS coming up.

• Thumbs Up 1

So more info about the D23 event was discussed, and apparently during the "The Making of KH3" video, they showed off a 3D version of Daybreak Town. Unfortunately since that was exclusive to the event, we won't be seeing that anytime soon unless another trailer with it releases. So...thoughts? I think it makes sense given the X series's growing importance, and the place looks gorgeous already. I just hope they are able to differentiate it from Radiant Garden enough so that it feels like it's own world and not a clone. A lot of original worlds in KH3 so far...hoping we get one more world announcement before the end of the year. Especially with TGS coming up.

Um... TGS is over? Do you mean TGA? I'm not so sure we'd get KH info there. If anything it'd probably be at the Playstation Experience.

There was some big Japanese event in December I was hearing about people were saying they may show off some stuff at.

the PlayStation event makes sense for the trailer to go public though. It's probably a venue almost as big as most expo events.

The Game Awards could maybe show something, you never know. 

Edited by Michael Munroe

These events need to be held even tighter than ever by Square-Enix. Even the exclusive announce trailer of Kingdom Hearts 3D with the Soras raining from the sky managed to get some pictures taken from it, these have nothing.

Wait, are you saying the events need to be more strict about info getting out? Cause KH3 literally has been doing that. The press event earlier this year was pretty tightly secured with no pictures getting out of the supposed "cable town" world, and nothing has been shown from the newest trailers outside of the square official pics.

Wait, are you saying the events need to be more strict about info getting out? Cause KH3 literally has been doing that. The press event earlier this year was pretty tightly secured with no pictures getting out of the supposed "cable town" world, and nothing has been shown from the newest trailers outside of the square official pics.

No. I'm saying Square-Enix has been more strict. That was my point, the KH3 events were being more tightly controlled than the event from E3 2010 where Kingdom Hearts 3D Demo was shown off, because screenshots and a 12 second clip of that was found.

Ah okay. Yeah, I seriously hope that wasn't the reason they decided to be more strict. It just doesn't make much sense why they are holding off on public news.

Honestly what's the point of even showing a trailer if no one's going to watch it like for real.

Thats like baking a cake for a birthday party but no one is allowed to eat it like wtf

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hm, we could've had a Kingdom Hearts animated series? I mean, sure there would've been the chance of adaptation decay present for it with its movie adaptations, but I still think it would've been so awesome to see...

Hm, we could've had a Kingdom Hearts animated series? I mean, sure there would've been the chance of adaptation decay present for it with its movie adaptations, but I still think it would've been so awesome to see...

hey at least we know they've considered making one who knows maybe they will consider the idea again after kingdom hearts 3 is out

You have no idea how pissed off I was when I found this out in 2013.

• Thumbs Up 3

You have no idea how pissed off I was when I found this out in 2013.

I do:  I was a member of the KHInsider forums back then

• Thumbs Up 2

I do:  I was a member of the KHInsider forums back then

Omfg the rage was real. I love how they said they didn't want to do it in fear of making the story of the games complicated.

I don't care what the animated series was going to be like; I'd watch it again and again.

IGN made an article about this today like it was breaking news. Talk about almost three years late.

Also in speaking of KHInsider, anyone here go on KH13? It's an awesome form website like this one but for KH fans. It's pretty awesome.

So anyone think Square might surprise fans at Jump Festa with some KH3 stuff, be it a trailer or world announcement? 

Ehh, I don't remember any KH news happening at Jump Fiesta in the past, but maybe we'll get a tiny bit? It's not like it's Tokyo Game Show so I dunno. I'm pretty patient with KH3 so if we get news that's great. If not then oh well. I just want to see what the Big Hero 6 world is going to be like.