Awoo.

Things said while playing Sonic games

LimeTH

When playing Sonic games, I'm pretty sure we all got thoughts running through our heads about the story and gameplay as we go along with it. So, what kind of biting commentary, snide thoughts, or fangirlish outbursts of glee do you say when playing Sonic?

I remember having a lot more, but the only one that really sticks out in my mind is when Sonic says "I wish I didn't have to use this dang sword!" I responded with "Me too."

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SuperStingray

• BakingBluePotatoe

• ovarloard

• Kirvee

Whenever the running gag of Sonic falling from very high in the sky and faceplanting in the ground occurs in Sonic Adventure, Unleashed and Black Knight, I almost always say "That definately didn't tickle!" and/or "Owies!"

In the SA2 cutscene in which Sonic is trapped in the explosive capsule, I almost always think "Pwned!" when the capsule seals him in it. Same word springs to mind when Sonic gets hit by Mephiles' rainbow laser of death in '06.

And no matter how many times I watch it, the "Sonic and Chip in Chun-Nan" vid in Unleashed always makes me laugh. Hard.

In "The Time-Space Rift" cutscene in SONIC '06, I always think Knuckles is an utter dolt when, at the end of the scene, he runs in the wrong direction! And I sometimes wonder if he'll ever trip over Sonic's limp leg XD

If I die I swear sometimes, pretty much, or laugh at something retarded, or hum to music.

I might start saying LETS GET MOVING though, as that is genius.

I did this alot (out loud!) during Sonic X, pointing out various stupidities and what not (I remember going "And knowing is half the battle" after the F1 car 4th wall speech, and going "Epic Chris Maneuver" whenever Chris stopped being an angsty waste of space).

I can remember doing it in Sonic Heroes, where I would openly point out the idiocy of some of the things that occurred. Such as during Grand Metropolis, Tails said something like "These buildings are so tall my head's spinning", and I would think "Thanks for that, Tails." I also remarked during the cutscenes "What would happen if they turned around while the Eggman robots were going all T-1000 on them?"

I also remember going all Kyon on Sonic Advance 2: "Look everybody! Knuckles was tricked by Eggman. What a clever plot device," and during Pinball Party: "Eggman is just standing just over there. Why don't you just go beat him up?"

Edited by Tornado

I mostly make comments about the characters in cutscenes, squeal at Knuckles, awww at SonAmy scenes and er..swear during gameplay, especially tough stages such as~

Babylon Garden.

Me: Shit! *restarts stage* ...Shit! *restarts stage again* ...SHIIIT! *restarts stage AGAIN* ....THAT WASN'T FAIR! etc. XD;;;

And then when I finally finished that God awful stage...

Me: *panting and breathing heavily* Oh...my...God. Finally! Finally~!

Never before had I been so pissed off with a Sonic game. Secret Rings was pretty bad too though, especially the Egg missions and the final boss. *shudder*

"FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF......"

-while Fighting The Egg Golem

"Asshole!" "WHAT THE....!?" "YOU DIRTY SON OF A....." FUKKEN ARSEHOLE!!!" "RAAAAAAAGGGGEEE!!!!"

-while Fighting the Biolizard

"Woah Awesome"

-When Seeing Super Sonic for the First Time in SA2:B

"SCIENCE!!"

-While Skydiving At That one Point in Rooftop Run Act 1

"Squee!!!"

-after meeting the Whale in Cool Edge Act 1

"Jeez This is Like Prince of Persia all over Again"

-While Climbing up the Clocktower in Spagonia Night (Forgot the Name)

"MADAMUDAMUDAMADAMUDAMUDAMADAMUDAMUDA!!!

-While Repetetly Slamming on The Black Knight and Later

Merlina

@Gabz Lol I'm like that too. On Unleashed I'll replay three stages and that's it, the rest I've done and they will just stay there complete and neglected now I've finished the game lol

Edited by Mollfie

"...HUG!" (in various cutscenes in Sonic '06 with Tails' ludicruously overreacted mocap animations - the desert scene with Elise right after Egg Cerberus comes to mind)

"...wait what? I actually had to jump?" (after dying in Sonic's first level right at the end of the whale chase where you had to jump in scripted fashion between midair planks of wood - somehow Sonic shouting "JUMP!" wasn't obvious enough for me XD)

"Well congratulations numbnuts, that's the first badass line you've dropped in years." (In response to "A super dimensional being? This might even be a fair fight!")

"aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" (during the infamous "press X 60 buttons to not die" QTE whilst fighting Dark Gaia. It's one of the very few things in videogame history that's ever made me want to shout DBZ style, and it's pretty damn satisfying at that)

"Why... won't... you... DIE!?" (virtually every moment previous to the above)

The first time I played Sonic 3 with my girlfriend, I was still new to two-player mode and to the game in general (having only watched her play it previously). I was playing as Tails, and pretty much the first thing I did was completely by accident pick up Sonic and drop him in a pit of spikes.

My girlfriend responded in a Sonic voice, "Damn you, Tails!" and I just cracked up. From then on, we were always in character when we played. And most of the time it was Sonic saying "Tails, you bastard!" when I would end up getting in the way with Tails or dropping Sonic ^^; I would have Tails grovel repeatedly, only to drop Sonic down a bottomless pit AGAIN seconds later.

Good times.

Oh, Tails, and his curse of infinite lives.

Before I knew you could upgrade the waterski in Rush Adventure, I would constantly lose to Johnny. I got so fed up with him once that I called him a bastard aloud.XD

Edit: Oh, you were talking about Sonic getting killed by spikes and pits, that's even more hilarious.XD

Oh Sonic 3, good times.

Edited by BlazeySammy

Yes XD Tails couldn't die, and so my girlfriend was forever cursing at me/him for coming back ^^; And I was forever mocking her/Sonic by doing so. And by glitching into places Sonic couldn't get to.

Then I'd offer to give Sonic a lift.

And drop him in a spike pit.

Again :D

And don't get me started on the special stages. OOO BOMBS YAY I'LL JUST RUN INTO THEM 'KAY SAWNIK??!

"aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" (during the infamous "press X 60 buttons to not die" QTE whilst fighting Dark Gaia. It's one of the very few things in videogame history that's ever made me want to shout DBZ style, and it's pretty damn satisfying at that)

I do this in Rush where you have to tap A and B like a madman in those 2 bosses. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Yes XD Tails couldn't die, and so my girlfriend was forever cursing at me/him for coming back ^^; And I was forever mocking her/Sonic by doing so. And by glitching into places Sonic couldn't get to.

Then I'd offer to give Sonic a lift.

And drop him in a spike pit.

Again :D

And don't get me started on the special stages. OOO BOMBS YAY I'LL JUST RUN INTO THEM 'KAY SAWNIK??!

Tails is a god and isn't afraid to mock your mortal stature. And he'll keep you from getting those Chaos Emeralds just 'cause he feels like it.XD

Tails is a god and isn't afraid to mock your mortal stature. And he'll keep you from getting those Chaos Emeralds just 'cause he feels like it.XD

The funniest part is that (for the most part, anyway XD) I wasn't doing it on purpose. I was just a REALLY crap player. I'd never played a SEGA console before (apart from once or twice in an arcade in France when I was 11). So basically I was just getting in the way, but I liked to feel that I was helping anyway. Even if I was killing Sonic more often than the enemies were.

The best times were when Sonic and Tails died simultaneously... and then Tails would hover back on screen as Sonic's death music played. Oh how Sonic hated Tails :)

The funniest part is that (for the most part, anyway XD) I wasn't doing it on purpose. I was just a REALLY crap player. I'd never played a SEGA console before (apart from once or twice in an arcade in France when I was 11). So basically I was just getting in the way, but I liked to feel that I was helping anyway. Even if I was killing Sonic more often than the enemies were.

The best times were when Sonic and Tails died simultaneously... and then Tails would hover back on screen as Sonic's death music played. Oh how Sonic hated Tails :)

That's pretty amazing, so much destruction, all accidental.XD As if Tails and Sonic were developing a relationship akin to Skipper and Gilligan from the old "Gilligan's Island" program.XD

I do have a tendency to say "Booya!" when ever I get a new high score in a level.

Also, when ever I'm trying to get a new high score in a level, and I accidentally do something stupid like fall down a pit or miss a rail, I do scream "Bitch!". It's funny, because when I'm casually playing a level just for fun, I never die.

This is emphasized even more when I'm trying to get a high score in sonic heroes, and the gameplay messes me up, and I have start the stage over and over. I usually blurt out: "Damn weak-ass game mechanics!"

When ever I play Final Rush, and I pull off a cool trick as I jump off the tip of a rail. I always do a "YES!" remark. Because doing tricks in that game feels so satisfying.

Edited by lounge

@Gabz Lol I'm like that too. On Unleashed I'll replay three stages and that's it, the rest I've done and they will just stay there complete and neglected now I've finished the game lol

Haha, I have this with other games too. Once I've finished a stage after replaying it loads and/or the whole game, I never touch it again! Never! XP

I do this in Rush where you have to tap A and B like a madman in those 2 bosses. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Oh wow! I always do that when I fight Alfa Wayla la Wayla or whatever the hell his gobbledeegook name is, when you have to punch his sticking out er..heart thingie. It's pretty fun. =D

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEERGGHHHHHH!"

Well the only fun aspect of that boss. Because the rest of it is awful.

Whenever I have trouble beating a boss, when I get to literally pound the fuck out of them I give a prompted:

"DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!"

One thing I vividly remember is the first time I reached the Egg Dealer in Shadow and Omega blurted out this line:

"You have to find some other way to reach Eggman's cockpit."

I threatened the pixelated robot through the T.V. screen to never say that again unless he wants a face full of lead.

(But I eventually reached Robotnik's cockpit. Much fun was to be had, but Ivo didn't call me the next day like he promised. :( )

When I was trying to beat Captain Behemoth in Secret Rings, while trying to shake the Wii remote as hard as I could, and failing, I just shouted, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

I said the same when dying on Unleashed's final boss the first time I got to the Super Sonic section, and on Sonic Advance 2's final boss.

Edited by OvErLoRd

I could repeat what I said after falling for the Egg Viper's suicide strike the first time, but I don't think this board allows that many concentrated swear words.

In Sonic 1 I'd almost burst into tears every time I the drowning music kicked in. I was a kid then.

In Sonic 2 I insulted Tails left and right when he died the most stupid death or in the emerald stages. I still do.

In Sonic 3 & Knuckles, I made fun of Knuckles' laugh every time he appeared, by doing a similar one as well. It sounds awfully like Jon Stewart when he imitates Bush's snicker. I hum the music as well, becase the two locked on are my favourite games.

I played SA so many times I know the dialogue from heart. It's annoying when we're making a run through the game with friends.

In SA2 I always yell carefull and yeah whenever Sonic does a stunt. I cannot see the emerald exchange scene without saying my feelings out loud either, from: awesome to awww cute. I have to hear it in English, in Japanese it's simply shameful if there's anyone in the house.

In Sonic Unleashed I yell with Sonic and that has spawned to the other games as well. Want some chocolate is another favourite.

Sonic 2 for the GameGear:

"FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-"

Edited by Indigo Artemis

"I don't give a shit if your tongue hurts, Tails!"

I heard my friend's older brother say this to Sonic 3 when I was nine. It still cracks me up because frustration with Tails is funny, and the sprite is pretty clear that he's panting, not experiencing pain in his tongue.

I occasionally trash talk bosses in games, Sonic games included. "Eat it, bitch! I told you, you can't win!" I sometimes refer to Shadow as a fake hedgehog. Yeah, I put my heart into it. I'm really not like that outside of video games. :P

With the more frustrating games with cheap deaths, I get upset and curse under my breath, maybe attempt to eat my controller, ending with the system being shut off after attempt number 27. A-ranking the racing levels in SA2 often did that to me.

When overcoming something that really challenged me, I celebrate along with the character. I also reply to Eggman with my own "YOSH!" whenever he should do that in a game.

Some of the more cinematic levels of SatSR left me speechless, but if it was vocalized it'd sound like, "THIS is why I'm a Sonic fan". Levitated Ruin and the crystal space in Night Palace got me doing this.

Edited by Badnikz

Usually during gameplay I speak 'in character' outloud, or I'll personify them completely different. Especially in Next-Gen's multiplayer mode - I always play as Silver, and I make him so painfully immature... I usually have him brag about how great and fast he is, whilst the other player (almost always Shadow) is miles ahead and actually doing all the work. I also have a tendency to make him sing or levitate a rock through the whole level. Or both. C:

Then there was the good ole' Sonic 2 and 3/& Knuckles experience... I was actually in the exact same shoes as Flyboy as a kid - grovelly Tails who always gets in the way whilst whoever was playing Sonic would get mad at me/him. I remember in S3&K's special stages I would not stop jumping and totally put Sonic off XD Eventually I had to put the controller down to avoid it, but I still got blamed if getting the emerald failed, lol.

Also during gameplay, moreso in single-player, I beg the character not to die/fall when in dangerous situations. I tend to personify them, even if OOC, like spamming the word "damn" when playing as Shadow, or overexaggerating Blaze's formal speech. Then there's repeating phrases the character says that I find funny or repeatable... or I end up making memes out of that character for that game. Oh, I tend to comment on their in-game comments as well, or even things like their idle animation or the way they run.

During cutscenes, I usually express my feelings openly, like "aww"ing or "squee!"ing. Like whenever Knuckles is on screen for example :D Also, I tend to get really miffed if a character is mean to Knuckles, like if Sonic calls him a Knucklehead, I will rant and rave at him... and usually punish him in the next level XD; I did this to Blaze in Rush as well... I do it to any character that's mean to Knuxie.

Usually my poor family has to put up with me ranting about every single thing a character says or does that I find funny, cute, amazing, or mean. I seriously babble on and on and on about it. Haahaa. I guess this'd be why people dread me getting the next Sonic game :lol: