Awoo.

Things said while playing Sonic games

LimeTH

I once said "Hey Sonic" to my grandpa while playing SA1. XD
Wait, Sonic's your grandpa? He's only turned 18!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SuperStingray

• BakingBluePotatoe

• ovarloard

• Kirvee

Sonic Rush Adventure:

"Come on Sonic, you can do it...." *Timer goes past the desired time by one second* "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU~"

---

*Time is much slower than before*

"Are you sick, Sonic?"

Sonic the Fighters/Sonic Championship:

"LOOK OUT HE HAS A GUN! O_O" <<< My bro is about to fight Fang

Edited by Dashing Blue

Only thing I probably really say is a bunch of vulgar words in regards to the pitfalls nicely decorated in all these new games. Usually I'll condense it all and just say, "bullshit."

I remembered another thing I said once while playing ShTH.

I believe it was in the Ark stage (the huge one where one of the missions is "destroy all the Chaos 0 experiments").

I'd managed to find all but one of the Chaos 0 experiments, but the last one was eluding me. I traveled over the whole stage circuit three times and I couldn't find it. Then I was on the moving platform operating the turnable cannon thing and suddenly I saw it waaaaaaaay off in the distance tucked into a little corner and I just shouted "You BASTARD! Why the fuck were you so insanely hard to find?!" Hardest hero mission in the whole game X_X.

I remembered another thing I said once while playing ShTH.

I believe it was in the Ark stage (the huge one where one of the missions is "destroy all the Chaos 0 experiments").

I'd managed to find all but one of the Chaos 0 experiments, but the last one was eluding me. I traveled over the whole stage circuit three times and I couldn't find it. Then I was on the moving platform operating the turnable cannon thing and suddenly I saw it waaaaaaaay off in the distance tucked into a little corner and I just shouted "You BASTARD! Why the fuck were you so insanely hard to find?!" Hardest hero mission in the whole game X_X.

I remember that level. Why couldn't they just make it so you had to find, say, thirty of them. Forcing you to find all of them is a real dick move.

Oh god yes. That mission was a real pain in the ass. (And I thought that mission where you gotta find those 5 bombs in that city was hard...)

I think the worst mission in any Sonic game to date is SatSR's dinosaur egg one. I could tolerate it if the Egg's stayed the same when you die, but they don't.

Yes, 30 of them would have been fine X_X.

Doom's stages were also pretty hard. Random lakes of toxic gas, enemies that don't want to die, ugh....

I have a tendency to curse a LOT when playing video games. Especially on Sonic Heroes when I mess up a the LAST minute (Damn Power Plant), "FUCK!!" is what comes out of my mouth, regardless of who is with me.

Sometimes when my sister and I are playing any kind of video game together, we like to add our own made up personalities and stories for the characters to follow.

I usually portray sonic as thick headed and slightly dim witted. For example, My sister and I have a inside joke of making Sonic believe that the chaos emeralds are really just hard candy.

My sister portrays tails as the sensical one, who's usually just Sonic's lackey who performs menial tasks like carrying him through the air via his two tails.

Throughout the game, we add little conversations between the characters, mainly of just Sonic and Tails argueing with each other. Sometimes, it can get us laughing really hard, especially if something stupid happens in the actual gameplay.

I as said above by many other sonic fans, I often curse at the games too.

Eggmanland grumble grumble...

Edited by Jedidude

In Sonic 06, when I get an A as Silver he says "Looks like I'm on a roll!" I quickly add "of Bacon!". every time.

@Jedi: My cousin and I did something similar once, except it was for a Zelda game.

@Chaos: Lol, that's funny!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we all get frustrated when we die, we all make fun of cheesy moments, so I can't remember one thing in particular...

I remember when I was watching the season 2 Sonic episodes when they aired(after the Shadow saga). I was a pre-teen at the time, so I just wanted to see the action and thought the characterization was boring and irritating. So whenever something like that came on(especially Amy talking to or about Sonic) my sister and I shouted, "S.O.S.!, Dr. Eggman!" Probably wouldn't do that today, but sometimes the show does get to corny.

Edited by Eli

The first time I played Sonic 3 with my girlfriend, I was still new to two-player mode and to the game in general (having only watched her play it previously). I was playing as Tails, and pretty much the first thing I did was completely by accident pick up Sonic and drop him in a pit of spikes.

My girlfriend responded in a Sonic voice, "Damn you, Tails!" and I just cracked up. From then on, we were always in character when we played. And most of the time it was Sonic saying "Tails, you bastard!" when I would end up getting in the way with Tails or dropping Sonic ^^; I would have Tails grovel repeatedly, only to drop Sonic down a bottomless pit AGAIN seconds later.

Good times.

Oh you bastard! lol I hate when that happens. And it's happened many many times. I just mentioned that in the Tails Following Sonic thread the other day.

Edited by Joseppi

I found myself doing this more in Sonic Chronicles than any other Sonic game with Shadow in it. Whenever he tried to go "lone ranger" on us, I'd just go, "What a whiny little bitch..."

Sometimes I imitate the characters. For example, when I play SA2 in japanese, I imitate Eggman's laugh, when the good scientist does the same. Really, I like that laugh, is so crazy yet so lovable.

When I play Sonic in SSBB, when he does that " You're Too Slow" taunt, I translate that in Italian, imitating the mocking tone he uses. Sometimes, I says " Come on, are you still at the first level? Shame on you!" when he taunts, because it's one of the things Sonic said during the italian Intro of Aosth. I really, and I say, REALLY love Jet's american voice, and I love to talk like Hawk McParrotVoice when playing as him. Raawk!

When Playing with friends, we talk to each other, mocking the characters and ourselves in the process. When playing as Metal Sonic in Sonic the fighters*, using that move that makes a beam coming out of his (its?) chest, I shout "GETTER BEAM!". If you know what " Getter Robot" is, you'll get the joke. I also have this habit of shouting, sometimes really loud, "THE GRAND GORDO NEVER SURRENDERS!" when I'm dying as Dr.Eggman in SA2, or Sonic The fighters. Talking about The Fighters, I also make this cry, anytime I use the Up+B Move of Eggman, which makes ol' Dr Nick smash the enemy from above: " Flying Gordito Smasher!". Fuckin' moustached awesomeness.

*I hack the game to play as those character.

Edited by Franlight

Often during '06 I'll reply to the ranking screens. After a 30 second "mission", Sonic will proclaim "That was AWESOME!" and I'll have to tell him "No it wasn't."

Also, when playing Heroes on the XBOX, the game loads so quickly that the characters never get out their full lines:

"let's blast through with Sonic speed."

"Okay!"

"Alr-"

"Whats that Knuckles??"

Not something I say, but this is the feeling I get after beating Sonic 1, 2, 3&K, CD, Adventure1+2 and the Advance games.

CHUCK.gif