Awoo.

Eddie Lebron Sonic Movie: New Teaser Trailer!

slam422

Some of the CGI was okay, some of it was laughably bad though along with some of the acting parts but you get what you pay for which in my case was nothing. So yes its far from perfect but I have see worse. What were people really expecting?huh.png

Must of been strange for Jaleel White who hasn't performed as Sonic in years, I think he did a pretty good job though.

HOLY SHIT! JAMES ROLFE AND DOUG WALKER GET CAMEOS!

blink.png 

Edited by BW199148

Oh hang on! Something else I forgot which shows just how bad this movie was.

Anyone remember that really bad opening sequence? What did you see?

You saw a giant ring and chaos emeralds fly out of it. They then take up formation and spin around and.... we never see them again!? What the fuck!? Why even have that scene in the movie if they're not going to be in it.

Oh wait, ONE does return and Robotnik says 'That makes three, four mor to go'

Wait what!? When did this happen? When did the emeralds appear in this movie other than the opening sequence? In fact pretend you know nothing about Sonic for a moment. Exactly what was the point of that emerald? Do you know what it does? Do you know why Robotnik is having... and orgasm(?) over it?

Nope.

None of that was ever explained, nor did any emeralds or rings appear in the movie. So what was the point of that opening title sequence? It doesn't introduce you to anything in the movie or any key plot devices like an opening title sequence should.

Go look at ANY movie or tv show that has some kind of opening sequence, you'll find that good movies always have a reference to something important in the story. This one did not. It was a pointless throw away scene.

It was just a 1-2 min sequence of bad CGI some people will think is amazing because they don't know better.

• Thumbs Up 4

Its like they intentionally tried to make one of the worst things possible. I'm sorry for how rude that sounds to the creators, but this.. what??? I uh.. what? I'm not even sure how you can afford to make a thing like this happen..?? How.. do?! How do?!!!? I'm just.. wha?

What?

• Thumbs Up 2

Also I liked how the GUN people were arguing about Sonic as he's a South Islander, as if it's some racial implication thing, only it comes out of nowhere and lasts 15 seconds. It added nothing but it was amusing, if unintentionally.

Edited by Semi-colon e

Another thing too.... I don't want to speculate too much on this as theres no way I can know for sure if they did it for free...

We keep saying 'this wasn't big budget' well... wait a moment... it must have had some money behind it.

Put aside the Jaleel White doing the voice for just a moment.

Does anyone here think that James Rolfe, Doug Walker and the other cameos did this movie for free? I'd be very suprised if they didn't ask for a fee of some sort. If they did ask for some money in return, or some kind of favour (I wouldn't be suprised if James asked for aid with his movie), what are we looking at? Because we know they get paid for other cameo work they do and appearances... so why would this be different?

The music, the visual effects, the fact this has taken over 2 years? And people were donating a lot of money to this. There must have been some serious cash flying around at one stage... especially if Jaleel White came on board, and don't forget, he was on Dancing With the Stars too, so chances are his fee was a tad higher than normal.

• Thumbs Up 1

Watched this with a few friends and one insisted on making this:

SonicApproved_zps9a0d4fec.png

I actually haven't seen the film myself, but good god that model looks hideous!

EDIT: GAH! I USED MY 1337 POST I WAS SAVING! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-!

Edited by Malpercio
  • Thumbs Up 6

Well it was......interesting I guess......but it wasn't...totally......*sigh*

Yeah after all the defending I did, even I have to say that this film didn't really rock my world. Though I still don't think it's the worst thing in creation. 

For a fanwork I can at least say the Badnik models are actually pretty good and........I guess the cameos are sort of cool, that's about it though.

Sonic is barely in this movie, the G.U.N solders take up far to much screen time, the news broadcasts was a really lazy way of getting exposition out, there was barely a plot to this movie, Sonic's model is jarring, not to mention his attitude contrasts heavily with what the rest of the film and its dramatic tone, Jaleel's voice is forced and unnatural, Green Hill looks like playdough, the music is bland and overdramatic, and and and.......

*sigh*, I don't know what I was expecting, I guess I was expecting more? The Mega Man fan film is actually pretty decent when you get right down to it, but this? It barely reaches the rim of mediocrity, maybe it needed to be longer? I don't man....I just don't know.

Edited by Soniman
  • Thumbs Up 4

I haven't seen the movie yet but after reading the overwhelming negative comments and reactions should I even bother? The movie can't be that awful.

*sigh*, I don't know what I was expecting, I guess I was expecting more? The Mega Man fan film is actually pretty decent when you get right down to it, but this? It barely reaches the rim of mediocrity, maybe it needed to be longer? I don't man....I just don't know.

That's it. We got so spoiled with the Megaman fan film and everyone was so blown away, we expected the same putout for Sonic. but well....

I haven't seen the movie yet but after reading the overwhelming negative comments and reactions should I even bother? The movie can't be that awful.

I'd check it out for curiosity sake.

Edited by Abominal Taz
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's just inconceivable that stuff like the narrative gaffes I mentioned weren't at least more ironed out during planning and pre-production, especially since Eddie seems to have a swell reputation after the Megaman film. I argue that's where the bulk of film-making comes from, your actual foundation for something- the planning and pitching, the process of developing the visual means of getting across your story. I've been moved to tears by limited animated shorts that were only a minute long and done by one to two people. Did he not at least put a scratch animatic in front of him to watch the thing play out? Something? Again, it's just so broken and boring on a fundamental level that it pisses me off to some degree.

• Thumbs Up 4

To regurgitate what I was trying to say earlier but choked up too much on my own vom.. I was trying to say that I don't even know how you could afford to spend more than a year plus a budget on 18 minutes of this. 

What market are they trying to share this with? It's definitely not Sonic. It might be SatAM, Fleetway, whatever the hell they're trying to throw a bone to but its not really reflecting anything the actual Sonic series represents other than... uh, superficial things? I mean, really while you have Buzzbombers and GHZ and Egg Carriers and E-102 ripoffs or whatever, this was about some big dramatic dumb thing on planet "Mobius" with a calm monologuing 'Kintoburr'-turned-Robotnik and.. South Islanders? Was that really an excuse to try to throw a bone to some social justice folk who thought it'd be nice to slightly imply racism in the planet and then drop it altogether?

Also Fingers the Chalupa, the awful Sonic model, the low budget green screening skills and everything you could ask for, the poorly constructed cameos of people who deserve better than this, yes whatever. LOL

This was a trainwreck. I have no idea who they thought would enjoy this, other than a bunch of random Youtubers who'll like anything (and I mean anyyyythiiiinnngggg). The only compliment I can give it is that Jaleel's voice wasn't that bad for Sonic, it was just.. just his lines. "WAYYY PAST COOL!" Pleaseeeeee noooooooo.

Just, wow. What a masterpiece. When do we get part 2.

Edited by Azookara
  • Thumbs Up 2

I watched the movie. I'm going to say the only reason I managed to sit through it all is that I reminded myself it was a fan film. But if I hadn't done that I'd have dropped out a few minutes in. There was a point when Sonic was standing still, yet his model was moving in small circles kind of. Speaking of Sonic's model... In fact no, let's never speak of it again. That thing was just... I don't know but there's a word for it and it isn't pleasant I can assure. And another thing,

ftR4D.jpg

I mean c'mon.

The best CGI in this film was in the BuzzBombers . And those weren't that good.

It's just inconceivable that stuff like the narrative gaffes I mentioned weren't at least more ironed out during planning and pre-production, especially since Eddie seems to have a swell reputation after the Megaman film. I argue that's where the bulk of film-making comes from, your actual foundation for something- the planning and pitching, the process of developing the visual means of getting across your story. I've been moved to tears by limited animated shorts that were only a minute long and done by one to two people. Did he not at least put a scratch animatic in front of him to watch the thing play out? Something? Again, it's just so broken and boring on a fundamental level that it pisses me off to some degree.

I just can't get over how hyped and psyched people got for this. Last night, Eddie had me thinking that these glitched scenes were so important and people backed him up and told him not to rush it. Seeing it now, the results don't meet the expectations that a lot of over hyped fans had. The lack of story, the lack of animation presentation, the lack of Sonic. Not to mention an open ended conclusion.

Edited by Abominal Taz

How do you mess up Knuckles that badly. Just a basic google image search would show you that's wrong. It just makes this look so lazy in so many ways. Sonic doesn't look like Sonic, Knuckles looks... well... you can see it there. With the exceptions of maybe one or two has there ever been any depiction of Knuckles where he's... looked like that?

Knuckles_without_his_glove.jpg

Yeeeep.

• Thumbs Up 6

keeping this in a spoiler as if you've not seen it yet, I want to to experience the same impact I had when I saw it.

fruckles_zps3870dad2.png

So yes, that.

Now I know some people may accuse me of being some kind of Knuckles fanboy here... well I don't think I am but I do have something to ask...

WHY!?

How do you mess up Knuckles that badly. Just a basic google image search would show you that's wrong. It just makes this look so lazy in so many ways. Sonic doesn't look like Sonic, Knuckles looks... well... you can see it there. With the exceptions of maybe one or two has there ever been any depiction of Knuckles where he's... looked like that?

Edit: Lol the image won't display on SSMB. Even SSMB doesn't want it!

That moment was already spoiled to me so it didn't have that first-impression impact, but I want to wonder:

Am I the only one who did a head-turn at Green Hill in general? It doesn't fit. It

really doesn't. Why does the island go from live-action temperate deciduous forest to alright CGI tropical Green Hill? There is no narrative foreshadowing of its existence because all we ever get a glimpse of is real forest, nor is it or any other zones ever named, and there's no real reason for it to be there after the fact either aside from I guess to place itself as a prequel to the games. But if that's the case, why is Knuckles there, who at this point is merely comparative icing on the cake? What the fuck?

• Thumbs Up 6

Now, come on, be fair, I can buy that he has fingers under the gloves.

But even Penders (mostly) got the fact that the gloves themselves were fingerless. 

keeping this in a spoiler as if you've not seen it yet, I want to to experience the same impact I had when I saw it.

fruckles_zps46a8d4ee.png

So yes, that.

Now I know some people may accuse me of being some kind of Knuckles fanboy here... well I don't think I am but I do have something to ask...

WHY!?

Edit: Lol the image won't display on SSMB. Even SSMB doesn't want it!

Honestly I think it was his own choice of design rather than an accidental mistake. He's a pretty keen Sonic fan, and just with everything else in this episode of GUN Teenagers, he's taken his own misguided spin on it.

Nothing he's done with an artistic license works at all. Nothing about the movie works even. And that's quite sad considering the amount of hype that was built up and that it's a symbol of a fans dedication and nothing more. I feel sorry for him, because this is just his own piece that's being judged so harshly. Don't get me wrong, it's really quite terrible and the judging is fair. It's just I hope it doesn't upset him too much. Everyone knew this was going to suck right from day one.

• Thumbs Up 2

That moment was already spoiled to me so it didn't have that first-impression impact, but I want to wonder:

Am I the only one who did a head-turn at Green Hill in general? It doesn't fit. It

really doesn't. Why does the island go from live-action temperate deciduous forest to alright CGI tropical Green Hill? There is no narrative foreshadowing of its existence because all we ever get a glimpse of is real forest, nor is it or any other zones ever named, and there's no real reason for it to be there after the fact either aside from I guess to place itself as a prequel to the games. But if that's the case, why is Knuckles there, who at this point is merely comparative icing on the cake? What the fuck?

Nope. I thought it looked out of place and didn't fit in at all with anything we'd seen. It was another shot that was more or less ripped off from a Sega game, there was no point of it being there, it added nothing to the story and was a complete waste of time.