Awoo.

Eddie Lebron Sonic Movie: New Teaser Trailer!

slam422

I'm not entirely sure what happened here.

I must have missed Gee Yoo Enn, but one of the female soldiers says "GUN needs him", which brings me to my first problem with this: The lack of continuity within an 18 minute film. Was no one working on this talking to each other? At first roboticization is brought up by E-100 #1, then Robotnik pronounces it with a hard C. You'd think someone with an IQ of 300 could pronounce something he created. And the gunfire seemed like it only matched the sound when it felt like it, with the animation missing occasionally.

And bloobler my ass. He didn't move too fast at all, which is understandable to an extent as they clearly wanted to show off the model for some reason, but then give him more screen time instead on slowing him down. This is made painfully obvious by his increase in speed when stradding motobug. I didn't think the first person camera did the speed much justice either. The spin attack was also cheaply done by just bringing him in from off screen for every hit. And the animation for it was too slow. Whatever awkard somersault he was performing definitely didn't have enough momentum to keep him in the air long as they did. 

That brings me to my next point. The realism, or lack thereof. I respect the decision to take the realistic approach even though it didn't work in the past. They thought it would be easier to work with and they could pull it off. Unfortunately they failed. They did an alright job at bringing badniks to life but what the hell's going on with Sonic? I get the quills on top of quills thing, but it only works in profile. From the front it's too scruffy, and it makes his head look way too big considering how scrawny his arms and fingers are. And wtf is up with Knuckles? Nevermind why he's not on Angel Island, he's wearing Shredder gloves. Why couldn't he just be wearing mittens? Just one last FU to everyone I guess. 

GUN soldiers were by and large miscast. And what was up with the cameos? Generally you wanna avoid something that can take someone out of the experience like that when you're going for realism. And Robotnik some how collected an Emerald a month while simultaneously taking over the world while flying over it. That's not as unbelievabe as other things I guess but I also wanna point out that while I appeciate the look they were going for with him I don't understand how it fits in with their realism approach when his modern design would be more fitting. 

Finally the music. It's too generic. It's too Dark Knight, which is what they were going for, and I think that was one of their biggest mistakes. It fails to create an appropriate atmosphere. Even if they couldn't use music from the game they could have featured similar motifs to make it seem familiar. It wouldn't have killed them to make this feel like Sonic. At the risk of further comparing this to The Dark Knight, people have said Batman Begins is the better Batman movie while The Dark Knight is the better movie with Batman in it. That's the main problem here. This isn't a Sonic film, it's a film with Sonic in it. Like Wreck-It Ralph, except not really. The genesis/Adventure SatAM/Fleetway mash-up here just wasn't helping make this a coherent work. I'm glad this wasn't feature length, they couldn't even handle a short. I can't believe this took 2 years.

• Thumbs Up 5

Coming into this thread and reading the 5 pages of shit storm has really pissed me off, it's like watching a spoilt brat not getting their own way, what were you guys expecting? Something amazing and well done? It's a low budget CG movie with real life amateur actors, if you haven't watched his previous works then you have an excuse, but for those who have...

I just can't comprehend this forum sometimes, You bitch when SEGA does something, and you bitch when fans of SEGA do something, it's really quite hilarious actually.

• Thumbs Up 4

Well the movie isn't as good as it could've been but you gotta give this guy props for working hard on this film and actually managing to release it. Unlike a certain other filmmaker....

Can't believe I forgot to post this.

eggman_is_disappoint_by_sweecrue-d3d4cyi

I would like to give them an [A] for effort... Wasted effort, but still...

• Thumbs Up 4

Wow you guys act like Knux is supposed to have weird blobs for hands.

Dude, when has Knuckles ever had fingers? It's not even a nitpick, it's a legit complaint; why would you omit such a key design choice on a character. Like someone said, it's like giving Spiderman a mouth piece.

• Thumbs Up 1

I respect Lebron's efforts here. This clearly had far more budget, tech, planning, and all that nonsense put into it than the average internet film, the vast majority of which are a few dumbasses with cameras in their backyards.

Unfortunately, the storyline itself is lame as all fuck. The forced "epic" music, the over dramatic tone of the whole thing, it was all just laughable. 

Jaleel White reprising the role of Sonic was pretty cool though, even if he doesn't do it quite as well as he did back in the day. Though I imagine the guy must be really out of work now if a fucking fan movie was able to get him on board.

Though the guy they had playing Eggman was terrible. Sounded far more like Bale Batman than a mad scientist.

Coming into this thread and reading the 5 pages of shit storm has really pissed me off, it's like watching a spoilt brat not getting their own way, what were you guys expecting? Something amazing and well done? It's a low budget CG movie with real life amateur actors, if you haven't watched his previous works then you have an excuse, but for those who have...

I just can't comprehend this forum sometimes, You bitch when SEGA does something, and you bitch when fans of SEGA do something, it's really quite hilarious actually.

Eh, I don't think anyone is being really hostile and more or less just voicing why this movie isn't very good, I've seen more hostility over Green eyes honestly.

It's a subpar low-budget movie...and dat's it.

It's just hilarious that you expected this to actually be something decent, all of his works are just sub-par live action flicks with poor CG.

I really didn't expect that much, but after how hard it was hyped and after how well megaman was for me, I think that blinded me to the fact that it was low buget.

And it's hilarious when you say stuff like this.

It's a work shown to the public, it isn't going to instantly deflect criticism. Hell, I sort of liked it but it's pretty plain to see why others wouldn't, if that's so hard to comprehend I'm not sure what to say, really.

Edited by Xenos
  • Thumbs Up 1

This is trash. Slime. Filth. Scum of the earth.

The actors are terrible, the plot is all over the place, Jaleel White has lost his touch, Sonic's model and animation are awful, the effects are so poor it's hilarious, the music is bland and dull, the cameos are pointless and obvious, the ending makes no sense, the humans get way too much screentime, and above all else it's too fucking short.

Edited by BlazeHeatnix
  • Thumbs Up 1

Even after all the hype I couldn't get excited for this...I knew it wasn't going to be good and I was exactly right so it's not that big of a deal. Unless you're a massive SATAM fanboy, I honestly never saw what was such a big deal about this movie.

• Thumbs Up 3

This is trash. Slime. Filth. Scum of the earth.

The actors are terrible, the plot is all over the place, Jaleel White has lost his touch, Sonic's model and animation are awful, Robotnik's actor is bad, the cameos are pointless and obvious, the ending makes no sense, the humans get way too much screentime, and above all else it's too fucking short.

I'd argue it's too fucking long.

Oh man, I'm late again! Heck, gonna start watching NOW! I'll join the shitstorm later gaes.

DUDE

NO

SAVE YOURSELF WHILE YOU CAN

but enjoy, i guess

So I just watched it.

Honestly it's like they were not even trying. It's damn awful. Definitely worse than the users in this thread are making it out to be. Hardly any redeeming qualities apart from that that the badnik's looked decent.

The fact that they took almost 3 years to make this and took tons of donations is ridiculous.

Edited by eustace bagge
  • Thumbs Up 2

That was...OK, I guess. It's not "the greatest thing I've ever seen", hell no, but its definitely no Dragonball Evolution.

I'm still waiting for my feature length Sonic CGI movie, made with CGI graphics seen in Sonic Unleashed's opening and Sonic: Night of the Werehog, or better! That would be great.

Edited by KrazyBean
  • Thumbs Up 2

Honestly I didn't care about the film either way. I didn't like it and I agree it was broken on such a deep, fundamental level... but it didn't do anything for me, not even a feeling of "holy shit what is this drivel I am watching I can not believe this hahahahaha." I sort of took the whole thing in stride. I'm probably going to forget about this movie by the end of the day.

Yeah, after my initial reactions that died off rather quickly, I found it to be bad in a rather bland way, as opposed to a so bad it's good way, or even a "worst thing ever" way.

Coming into this thread and reading the 5 pages of shit storm has really pissed me off, it's like watching a spoilt brat not getting their own way, what were you guys expecting? Something amazing and well done? It's a low budget CG movie with real life amateur actors, if you haven't watched his previous works then you have an excuse, but for those who have...   I just can't comprehend this forum sometimes, You bitch when SEGA does something, and you bitch when fans of SEGA do something, it's really quite hilarious actually.
You're missing the point, though. The problem here is that the film itself is fundamentally bad. The writing is bad, the CGI is bad, the acting is bad. How big was the budget? That's what I'd like to know. You see Paranormal Activity with a budget of $15,000 and Clerks with a budget of $27,000 and you wonder why they couldn't have done better. Heck, I've seen amateur short films on YouTube that were better than this! The "Gee Yoo Enns" and "Blooblurs" don't make a difference if the entire film is rotten.

So with that ending, should we expect a sequel? A lot of you will say "GOD NO", but it might happen.

Edited by KrazyBean