Awoo.

Eddie Lebron Sonic Movie: New Teaser Trailer!

slam422

I can't say anything about the movie that hasn't been said already except...

Am I the only one who didn't give two shits that Knuckles gloves showed his fingers?

You're missing the point, though. The problem here is that the film itself is fundamentally bad. The writing is bad, the CGI is bad, the acting is bad. How big was the budget? That's what I'd like to know. You see Paranormal Activity with a budget of $15,000 and Clerks with a budget of $27,000 and you wonder why they couldn't have done better. Heck, I've seen amateur short films on YouTube that were better than this! The "Gee Yoo Enns" and "Blooblurs" don't make a difference if the entire film is rotten.

Am I really? I hated the film, I wasn't expecting it to be even "alright" but some of you came here with waaaay too high expectations for this and watching you "criticise" it is more painful than watching the movie.

The original point is it's a terrible movie, that was always going to be terrible, and will remain terrible and will further fuel 4chan and reddit for years to come, the only problem I see is why you didn't see it sooner?

• Thumbs Up 2

Am I really? I hated the film, I wasn't expecting it to be even "alright" but some of you came here with waaaay too high expectations for this and watching you "criticise" it is more painful than watching the movie.

The original point is it's a terrible movie, that was always going to be terrible, and will remain terrible and will further fuel 4chan and reddit for years to come, the only problem I see is why you didn't see it sooner?

So... it's a terrible movie... but we're not allowed to pont out why it's terrible?

Alrighty then.

Lets not forget here, this guy took loads of donations off people, oh sure we can all debate the word 'donation' as much as we like, but the fact is, this wasn't a 'free' movie at all, he asked people to help out, and... He's still doing it! You can still donate to the movie if you want and frankly I'd feel robbed if I'd donated to this and I've listed the reasons why, and most of them have very little to do with how professional this was or the fact it was fan made.

• Thumbs Up 5

I just might watch the Sonic anime movie, Night of the Werehog, and the AoStH time travel four parter to cleanse my eyes after seeing this. 

I was on my way home thinking about the movie (unfortunately) and I started to walk through how I'd handle Robotnik Eggman. Within a few minutes I already had a far more entertaining Eggman scene in my head, complete with an actor with a larger mustache, more dynamic angles and far more personality. A little more bombastic and energetic, smashing his fists on the table and strutting around like he was the shit. It was a fun little movie in my head.

• Thumbs Up 5

Fighting over this will solve nothing.

If you have an issue with how someone words their post then you're free to report it but it'd be appreciated if we didn't lash out at each other over reception of this film.

Oh man, I expected... a lil' bit more. AH FINE, I didn't liked it at all, sorry Eddie, I appreciate your effort, but this is not Sonic =(

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 1

I just watched it a second time with 120% attention, and it got weaker for me. I really can't believe the inconstancy.

Still not sure what to make of this post...

[qoute]Imperfect, but given that it's a fan film, I'm pretty happy!

So many things I've missed in the Sonic universe, from a truly vile seeming Robotnik (who reminded me greatly of Sgt. Slaughter), to the threat of the Roboticizer, to "more of his kind" (the Freedom Fighters?!), to Jaleel White as Sonic.

I'm sorry, but I felt like a complete and total 8 year old the second he said "Ro-butt-nik".

So first my mind was derailed when I spotted Brendlefloss but little did I know that this is basically Internet Celebrities: The movie.  

Doug walker was prefect for that scene, but not for the reason they intended.  Looks like he's wondering if he scored some bad Jagermeister.  

Edited by Phos
  • Thumbs Up 4

I also wanted to add that it reminds me of the Transformers films; more focused is on unrelated human instead of the main character(s)...

I'm probably going to forget about this movie by the end of the day.

I already forgot about most of it.

Also, I must be the only one in the world who does not know who any of those people paraded around were, and thus didn't care about their inclusion in that respect.

Still not sure what to make of this post...  Then again the person who said this is a borderline SatAM elitist(one who refuses to buy another Sonic game until Eggman is called "Robotnik" again but is perfectly fine with Bowser being a goofy villain) so make of this as you will...

Seems pretty clear to me he cares more about it in a fanservice context than one concerning actual comptetant film-making.

• Thumbs Up 1

I already forgot about most of it.

Also, I must be the only one in the world who does not know who any of those people paraded around were, and thus didn't care about their inclusion in that respect.

Make that one of two in the world.

Hey guys... remind me again why lots of people claim White's voice is GREAT for Sonic, because, seriously. It's awful, Jesus.

-Mom, can I go to the Halloween party?

-Sure sonny, mommy is going to make a nice costume for you. Who you want to be?

-Dr Robotnik!

Seriously, Robotnik's clothes looks like an improvised halloween costume...

Edited by Jango

I also wanted to add that it reminds me of the Transformers films; more focused is on unrelated human instead of the main character(s)...

This was my biggest pet peeve with the movie, I simply lost interest when the human actors came into it, it was just a battle for motivation to see it through to the end.

Hey guys... remind me again why lots of people claim White's voice is GREAT for Sonic, because, seriously. It's awful, Jesus.

-Mom, can I go to the Halloween party?

-Sure sonny, mommy is going to make a nice costume for you. Who you want to be?

-Dr Robotnik!

Seriously, Robotnik's clothes looks like a bad halloween costume...

He has aged quite a lot since his SatAM days you know? 

What really killed everything (more) to me was the soundtrack....

it's too damn dramatic. all. the. time!

you have the weird ass Sonic happily running and cracking lame jokes but the soundtrack makes like Sonic's mother has died or something like that.

it slaughtered the atmosphere, completely.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hey guys... remind me again why lots of people claim White's voice is GREAT

It's just the SATAM fanboys riding on their nostalgia boners.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's just the SATAM fanboys riding on their nostalgia boners.

Or it's, you know, because they legitimately think his Sonic voice is good, regardless of how poorly it might have carried in this fan film that undoubtedly had poor voice direction anyway.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 9

It sounds like Jaleel White's been smoking a bit much.

Well, it was pretty nice, I guess. The animations could had been a little better when it came to the Sonic characters, I guess.

It's nice for a fan film though, of course.

• Thumbs Up 2