Awoo.

Eddie Lebron Sonic Movie: New Teaser Trailer!

slam422

1357857392044.png

ew

Okay, I must ask: what's that black spot just above his "crotch"? Surely, that can't be his... ?!?!

edit: fyi, I did not watch the movie. Only skimmed. It was terrible even by skimming.

..Did you guys actually watch the whole thing?

I watched the whole thing...where's my cookie? mellow.png

Edited by KrazyBean
  • Thumbs Up 1

Watched this a couple of hours ago after work and I've just got done reading through the about 6 pages of posts here. I think everyone else has said everything in detail that I was going to say. Doctor MK's impressions are pretty much my exact feelings about the film.

No real story.

The internet celebrity cameos take away from the experience.

Too many GUN screentime

Music is too dramatic and unfitting. 

Script is all over the place and laughably bad.

"BLUE BLUR" x 50.

Sonic and Dr. Robotnik have terrible designs.

Green Hill Zone comes completely out of nowhere after the realistic city and jungle settings used throughout. 

Poor basic physics.

Knuckles gloves have fingers. Funny I didn't notice this until I saw people's posts.

Sonic is slow.

Sonic is barely in this film titled 'Sonic'.

Sonic has a ring stuck in his mouth.

• Thumbs Up 1

A "Dark Knight" themed Sonic film that failed. I knew when I heard the soundtrack, Eddie and the crew were taking this a bit too far...

xf447t.png

I enjoyed the first 5 minutes and then my brain didn't like the line "I move very quickly". After that, Doug Walker's reaction summed up Sonic's character model. I knew it was supposed to be a prequel to Sonic 1 but this just ended abruptly. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Seriously, his socks look like tea cups fastened tightly to his legs.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just found this posted on the film's Facebook page.

3806_4164845524019_36365651_n.jpg

They can't even line an image up with a screen. :lol:

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, I must ask: what's that black spot just above his "crotch"? Surely, that can't be his... ?!?!

I know, I noticed that when I saw it and was like "wtf is that?". As someone who has a bit of experience with 3D modeling, it looks like there was a bit of clipping between different parts of the mesh, causing the inside of the mesh (which has no texture, and backwards normals) to be visible.

I enjoyed the first 5 minutes and then my brain didn't like the line "I move very quickly". After that, Doug Walker's reaction summed up Sonic's character model. I knew it was supposed to be a prequel to Sonic the hedgehog but this just ended abruptly. 

A prequel to Sonic 06?

Makes sense now.

Edited by Autosaver

Does it really make sense for Knuckles to be there if it's a prequel to 1, though?

The movie itself doesn't make sense...

The movie itself doesn't make sense...

It's about Sonic having fun destroying those badniks. That's all you need to know.

It's about Sonic having fun destroying those badniks. That's all you need to know.

Yes, but why is Knuckles there? I must know!

Maybe it's a good thing they didn't put Tails in the movie. They might have butchered his model too, and that would be no good.

• Thumbs Up 2

I lasted somewhere between 7 to 10 minutes.

"Eggman? Hey you look pretty good!"

"Sonic your voice... eh. Well he's got the attitude."

"Oh my God. What is with your spines and mouth Sonic."

WAY PAST COOL!!!!!!!

"Oh fuck. Nope. I can't. I quit!"

...Damn, I made it through all of "Return to Little Planet" and that was awful. But this thing... I couldn't do it.

Y'know, to be the honest, the only thing that truly bothers my about the model was the need for them to add what appear to be lips... I don't understand why people keep doing this with Sonic. I don't think it's possible to make something like that look good on such a simplistic character; and it seemed like all the ads for this had them!

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know, I think Sonic looked the best he could with the budget they had to work with. For a live action fan film, the CGI looks quite impressive, to me at least. I don't like the way Sonic's lips look though, they're just not right.

While I was looking toward to hearing Jaleel White reprise his role as Sonic again, I was little let down. The little bit of lines that he had to work with weren't very good, and he sounded way off to me. I'm not sure if the off-ness was due to poor voice direction or Jaleel really has lost his touch, he sounded alright in the trailers though.

My only real gripe with the film was there wasn't enough screen time given to the star of the film himself. Other than that the story is pretty much non-exsistant, and what little is there doesn't make much sense and just kind of abruptly ends. I cringed at the amount of times they said blue blur though. Oh and that Knuckles had fingers...

For a fan film, I thought overall it was just ok. I think most are being a little to harsh on it though. Honestly what were you expecting?

Edited by Kamina
  • Thumbs Up 1

For a fan film, I thought overall it was just ok. I think most are being a little to harsh on it though. Honestly what were you expecting?

I was expecting to be entertained, even if it was in the most ironic and unintentional way possible; I was not entertained, to say the least.