Awoo.

Eddie Lebron Sonic Movie: New Teaser Trailer!

slam422

For a fan film, I thought overall it was just ok. I think most are being a little to harsh on it though. Honestly what were you expecting?

No one's being harsh, (at least some of us), people are giving constructive reasons why they didn't enjoy the film. I didn't enjoy it because I was expecting a plot and there were too many things tied in at the same time. Video game universe, Fleetway universe, Archie universe, SaTaM universe, fan service, cameos, there's too much shit and the movie didn't have a main focus, which was ironically supposed to be Sonic.

Edited by Abominal Taz

For a fan film, I thought overall it was just ok. I think most are being a little to harsh on it though. Honestly what were you expecting?

For one, something longer than 20 minutes.

Are you implying the ten to hundreds of thousands in the online Sonic fandom are all incapable of writing a solid short script? Because that's the least I was expecting.

• Thumbs Up 1

To be fair, the film's length was stated to be around 20 minutes like, months ago.

Yes, but why is Knuckles there? I must know!

They just threw Knuckles in there to make the film more cooler.

So I watched it... god... I never thought this would be good... but damn that was terrible. And random ass Knuckles with fingers.

"But he's one of them"... "He's a "NI**ER*"

Edited by Noël Vermillion/Kagerou

Let's not forget the first portion of the movie is just setting the scene. So we're cutting time even more.

Edited by Autosaver

Watch it and you'll find out.

Yeah I'll do that. When I have nothing else better to do.

Edited by BeelzeBummer

So was it really that bad?

It's fine as far as fan films go, but it's not well constructed for a 2 year project.

Speaking of such, what on earth was Eddie Lebron doing, for over 2 whole years? I'd understand that if the film was full-length, but it's only 18 minutes long and the animation could be done in less than 5 months if you had an idea of what you were doing, especially since they used it so sparingly. It doesn't help much that the plot feels like it was written on a napkin and rushed out in one draft, so they couldn't have spent much time with planning. Furthermore, it probably wouldn't have taken any longer than a day to render the full movie, so what happened? Where did all that donation money go? You could recreate a large portion of this movie with no budget at all.

• Thumbs Up 6

On the previous page when people were asking if this was a prequel to Sonic 1.

The film is set in the year 4013. (January 9th 4013) (during the news at thd start the date is shown).

So it's a prequel set 4034 years after Sonic 1 came out, but is a prequel to it... And has Knuckles... And the E-Series robots... And the Egg Carrier... All 5 of them...

I can't decide how to end this post so take your pick...

1: TIME PARADOX!

2: Wow man, Sonic 4 fucked up the timeline more than we thought.

3: This means SSMB won't be created for another 2000 years... This means we are all time travellers and we have the power to stop Sonic 06... Or as it'll be known Sonic 4006.

This is way late, but:

I can't say anything about the movie that hasn't been said already except...

Am I the only one who didn't give two shits that Knuckles gloves showed his fingers?

No, you are not.

On the previous page when people were asking if this was a prequel to Sonic 1.

The film is set in the year 4013. (January 9th 4013) (during the news at thd start the date is shown).

So it's a prequel set 4034 years after Sonic 1 came out, but is a prequel to it... And has Knuckles... And the E-Series robots... And the Egg Carrier... All 5 of them...

I can't decide how to end this post so take your pick...

1: TIME PARADOX!

2: Wow man, Sonic 4 fucked up the timeline more than we thought.

3: This means SSMB won't be created for another 2000 years... This means we are all time transports and we have the power to stop Sonic 06... Or as it'll be known Sonic 4006.

Or, in this interpretation Sonic 1 takes place in the year 4013.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 1

Speaking of such, what on earth was Eddie Lebron doing, for over 2 whole years? I'd understand that if the film was full-length, but it's only 18 minutes long and the animation could be done in less than 5 months if you had an idea of what you were doing, especially since they used it so sparingly. It doesn't help much that the plot feels like it was written on a napkin and rushed out in one draft, so they couldn't have spent much time with planning. Furthermore, it probably wouldn't have taken any longer than a day to render the full movie, so what happened? Where did all that donation money go? You could recreate a large portion of this movie with no budget at all.

It either went in their pockets, or they spent it all on the actors. It doesn't make any sense.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just found this posted on the film's Facebook page.

3806_4164845524019_36365651_n.jpg

They can't even line an image up with a screen. laugh.png

Not the only such instance, Someone on 4chan spotted this, which I'm attaching because 4chan:

post-231-0-00456900-1357882641_thumb.png

Edited by Phos

I didn't catch that (...), but I did catch the second time they showed that screen thing and it started moving around on the static building they put it on. I don't get how such straightforward and simple things were fucked up.

• Thumbs Up 1

So I just finished watching the whole thing...god damn the music isn't terrible, it's great. But it's dramatic throughout the whole thing, lines are cheesy, cheesier than Sonic cheesy and made me cringe a few times, which I hardly do in Sonic (except for Heroes).

Sonic's model isn't terrible, but it's damn hairy, in some shots it looks nice but most of the time (when he's actually there) it looks pretty goofy. Some lighting in the movie is a bit...bad, bad in a sense that some parts with the robots and Sonic don't look like they fit with the scene, it would be one thing if this was done in less than a year or something but almost 3 years and it's still like this makes me question what was going on. One problem which other people have stated being that Sonic himself is barely in the movie. I honestly didn't care for Knuckles having fingers, there are more problems than that, also :

People are complaining about it not being like the game and obviously have not seen the television adaptation. It reminds me more of the tv show and in that respect it does well, especially Sonic being voiced by Jaleel White (the original voice actor) instead of his current voice actor for the games.

I think there's more to it than that.

Anyway I had a headache while watching the movie, it went away after it was done, I'm pretty sure that speaks for itself. Not terrible but some large amount of polish is needed. And that's pretty much my experience.

Edited by Jetronic

YEAH_zps1f8a70d0.png

1. Audio Pops and Glitches
2. Pacing
3. Voices don't sound like their coming from where the characters are on screen
4. E-Robots don't sound like robots
5. Shit keeps running through, landing on, or driving through the dirt-floor of a forest - and no dirt or sand get's kicked up into the air with the impacts
6. 2 YEARS TO MAKE - 18MIN TO SHOW FOR IT
7. Toy guns SOUND like Toy guns
8. The Acting
9. Low-Bit spin-dash SFX in a hyper-real setting
10. Interrogated GUN Soldier is on Inversion Table with PADDING
11. "ROBOT-IH-KUH-ZATION"
12. Sonic's Face
13. "SEE SOMETHIN' YA LIKE?"
14. People saying "Blue Blur" and being dead serious
15. Over-use of the first-person "speeding through the forest" shots
16. Sonic's legs aren't moving the same speed he's running So he looks like he's running in place, while sliding around the environment
17. Sometimes jumping sounds, othertimes completely silent - even if he's RIGHT in front of the camera
18. The entire film feels like an excuse to get Jael White to voice a semi-real 3D Sonic stradling things like Motobugs & rockets & Buzzbombers
19. AUDIBLE Background Hiss while a tall GUN soldier is talking that cuts in and out with is recorded dialouge ...oh, and Robotnik as well
20. Green Hill Zone is just some random forest - but then later is a shitty CGI render
21. Knuckles has FINGERS!? - Sounds like a dumbass

What's worse was hearing Eddie on SonicR TV using "I didn't have time during the 2 years of production" as an excuse for why his 18min video sucks.

The one redeaming feature of this "video" was it's soundtrack, by HYBRID TWO
  • Thumbs Up 7

Because Eddie Lebron felt that it was necessary to cram as many references to as many different continuities and universes as possible, the "Sonic" fan film suffers from a severe lack of identity and interesting ideas.

It's 20 minutes of laughably bad CG animation, poor acting, and a complete and utter mess of continuity errors that come as a result of its focus on creating something filled with loads of fan service and less focus on it being a competently made film.

In short, it met my expectations. It did give me a few good laughs, however.

Edited by Shin Kuroi
  • Thumbs Up 3

Just some shots in the dark here, but CG modeling, rendering, costume design, filming, casting, writing, location(?) and buying costume materials, tailors and props.