slam422

Eddie Lebron Sonic Movie: New Teaser Trailer!

I lasted somewhere between 7 to 10 minutes.

"Eggman? Hey you look pretty good!"

"Sonic your voice... eh. Well he's got the attitude."

"Oh my God. What is with your spines and mouth Sonic."

WAY PAST COOL!!!!!!!

"Oh fuck. Nope. I can't. I quit!"

...Damn, I made it through all of "Return to Little Planet" and that was awful. But this thing... I couldn't do it.

Y'know, to be the honest, the only thing that truly bothers my about the model was the need for them to add what appear to be lips... I don't understand why people keep doing this with Sonic. I don't think it's possible to make something like that look good on such a simplistic character; and it seemed like all the ads for this had them!

I don't know, I think Sonic looked the best he could with the budget they had to work with. For a live action fan film, the CGI looks quite impressive, to me at least. I don't like the way Sonic's lips look though, they're just not right.

While I was looking toward to hearing Jaleel White reprise his role as Sonic again, I was little let down. The little bit of lines that he had to work with weren't very good, and he sounded way off to me. I'm not sure if the off-ness was due to poor voice direction or Jaleel really has lost his touch, he sounded alright in the trailers though.

My only real gripe with the film was there wasn't enough screen time given to the star of the film himself. Other than that the story is pretty much non-exsistant, and what little is there doesn't make much sense and just kind of abruptly ends. I cringed at the amount of times they said blue blur though. Oh and that Knuckles had fingers...

For a fan film, I thought overall it was just ok. I think most are being a little to harsh on it though. Honestly what were you expecting?

Edited by Kamina

For a fan film, I thought overall it was just ok. I think most are being a little to harsh on it though. Honestly what were you expecting?

I was expecting to be entertained, even if it was in the most ironic and unintentional way possible; I was not entertained, to say the least.

No one's being harsh, (at least some of us), people are giving constructive reasons why they didn't enjoy the film. I didn't enjoy it because I was expecting a plot and there were too many things tied in at the same time. Video game universe, Fleetway universe, Archie universe, SaTaM universe, fan service, cameos, there's too much shit and the movie didn't have a main focus, which was ironically supposed to be Sonic.

Edited by Abominal Taz

Are you implying the ten to hundreds of thousands in the online Sonic fandom are all incapable of writing a solid short script? Because that's the least I was expecting.

So I watched it... god... I never thought this would be good... but damn that was terrible. And random ass Knuckles with fingers.

"But he's one of them"... "He's a "NI**ER*"

Edited by Noël Vermillion/Kagerou

For one, something longer than 20 minutes.

Let's not forget the first portion of the movie is just setting the scene. So we're cutting time even more.

Edited by Autosaver

Speaking of such, what on earth was Eddie Lebron doing, for over 2 whole years? I'd understand that if the film was full-length, but it's only 18 minutes long and the animation could be done in less than 5 months if you had an idea of what you were doing, especially since they used it so sparingly. It doesn't help much that the plot feels like it was written on a napkin and rushed out in one draft, so they couldn't have spent much time with planning. Furthermore, it probably wouldn't have taken any longer than a day to render the full movie, so what happened? Where did all that donation money go? You could recreate a large portion of this movie with no budget at all.

On the previous page when people were asking if this was a prequel to Sonic 1.

The film is set in the year 4013. (January 9th 4013) (during the news at thd start the date is shown).

So it's a prequel set 4034 years after Sonic 1 came out, but is a prequel to it... And has Knuckles... And the E-Series robots... And the Egg Carrier... All 5 of them...

I can't decide how to end this post so take your pick...

1: TIME PARADOX!

2: Wow man, Sonic 4 fucked up the timeline more than we thought.

3: This means SSMB won't be created for another 2000 years... This means we are all time travellers and we have the power to stop Sonic 06... Or as it'll be known Sonic 4006.

This is way late, but:

I can't say anything about the movie that hasn't been said already except...

Am I the only one who didn't give two shits that Knuckles gloves showed his fingers?

No, you are not.

On the previous page when people were asking if this was a prequel to Sonic 1.

The film is set in the year 4013. (January 9th 4013) (during the news at thd start the date is shown).

So it's a prequel set 4034 years after Sonic 1 came out, but is a prequel to it... And has Knuckles... And the E-Series robots... And the Egg Carrier... All 5 of them...

I can't decide how to end this post so take your pick...

1: TIME PARADOX!

2: Wow man, Sonic 4 fucked up the timeline more than we thought.

3: This means SSMB won't be created for another 2000 years... This means we are all time transports and we have the power to stop Sonic 06... Or as it'll be known Sonic 4006.

Or, in this interpretation Sonic 1 takes place in the year 4013.

Edited by Inferno

Speaking of such, what on earth was Eddie Lebron doing, for over 2 whole years? I'd understand that if the film was full-length, but it's only 18 minutes long and the animation could be done in less than 5 months if you had an idea of what you were doing, especially since they used it so sparingly. It doesn't help much that the plot feels like it was written on a napkin and rushed out in one draft, so they couldn't have spent much time with planning. Furthermore, it probably wouldn't have taken any longer than a day to render the full movie, so what happened? Where did all that donation money go? You could recreate a large portion of this movie with no budget at all.

It either went in their pockets, or they spent it all on the actors. It doesn't make any sense.

Just found this posted on the film's Facebook page.

3806_4164845524019_36365651_n.jpg

They can't even line an image up with a screen. laugh.png

Not the only such instance, Someone on 4chan spotted this, which I'm attaching because 4chan:

post-231-0-00456900-1357882641_thumb.png

Edited by Phos