Awoo.

Eddie Lebron Sonic Movie: New Teaser Trailer!

slam422

Umm, I have mixed thoughts about this. Some things I liked, others I disliked~ 

The storyline itself I thought was kinda boring, and, was rather disappointed Sonic didn't have a whole lot of screen time. It was shorter than what I had imagined, but hey, it's understandable considering it wasn't meant to be a full length film. 

The main thing that had me in awe, was Jaleel White ♥ He's never been my absolute favourite Sonic voice actor however, he's the Sonic I grew up hearing, and, his voice still has a huge place in my heart. I never thought he still had it in him to voice Sonic, nor did I ever think I'd see the day of Jaleel voicing him again, I am so glad it happened, albeit only for a couple of lines smile.png Whilst he no longer sounds like the Sonic we knew in the 90's (or at least, for most part aside from one or two odd words), I thought he sounded a whole lot better, and, it just melted my heart with every line he spoke. And, if I'm honest he's done a better job with Sonic now than any of the recent voice actors have. 

adore Sonic's design (and yes, I figure I'm about the only person who does tongue.png). I've always liked the thought of a furrier intake on Sonic's design, and, they pretty much nailed it. Having hundreds of longer, yet smaller quills all bundled up into one is exactly how I imagine them to be, so I was pleased they got this spot on. His mouth is a bit off yes, but if I'm honest I never took much notice until it was mentioned on here. 

Also, I must say I was very impressed by all the special effects, graphics and acting. Whilst I wasn't so keen on the storyline itself, I was blown away by how a fan made film could look so good, graphics-wise. 

So yes, for me it had its ups and downs, but all in all I liked it (if only for furry Sonic and Jaleel White!) and, hope there will be a longer sequel in the future! 

• Thumbs Up 1

I liked it; it was cool seeing Sonic jump around fighting robots even if you can see it better in a game and I liked Robotnik's speech about humanity and why he's taking over or whatever. Both scenes with Sonic and the GUN soldiers were entertaining but kinda redundant to have both plus they were awkward especially Sonic's banter with the blonde girl.

It's definitely got glaring flaws.

It fails as a prequel to Sonic 1, which I knew it would.

Also it's all setup and no payoff which some may say is intentional but considering Robotnik and Sonic never even met in the film it feels as though its all world building but no plot. The lack of any animals for Sonic to talk to makes him sorta one-note as a character as we don't really understand what motivates him as a character. I mean we know his home is being destroyed and animals killed but we don't actually see any of them or get insight into why Sonic is a hero.

And, yes it's only 20 minutes but consider that Night of the Werehog was 11 minutes and managed to have 5 main characters with unique personalities and an entire plot, all without dialogue and I feel much more could be done in that time.

Most people don't have a problem with the actual effort that went into the film - as I've already stated in this topic, it's a damn lot better than any one of us could ever dream of pulling off, and Eddie Lebron should be commended for seeing such an ambitious project through to the end. Our problem is with the film itself on the basis of being a film.

The above is my response to those justifying that it being a "fan-film" is a good enough excuse to deny someone the right to complain that an 18min video has awful CGI, animation, writing, pacing, audio mixing, and visual effects - and internet celeb cameos.

Case in point: here's a group of amateur film-makers who put out MORE minutes of footage a year than this "fan-film" with better looking visuals, better audio mixing...HELL - even better stories.

I could name SEVERAL "fan-films" that are MUCH better looking & sounding than Eddie's, so while I commend his effort - I dislike his product - because the bar set for these kinds of films - especially with such a short runtime, is much higher than you might think.

Edited by :: DJ EAR ::

Just watched it. I'm speechless, I really am.

I couldn't stop laughing, I honestly couldn't. I feel bad for saying it, sure...but I feel worse for the people who actually donated money to this. 

Are they sure it wasn't meant to be a comedy?

• Thumbs Up 1

I finally saw it last night after couraging myself to get through the whole thing but I can only watch it in small doses at a time. I think my main problem with the film is Sonic himself. Whenever Sonic pops up on screen I have to look away...dear god what have they done to you. This 'Sonic' even manage to make the Sonic 06 Sonic look good and that game is also going for the more realistic and serious direction.

I'm only interested in this to hear Jaleel White return as Sonic again but even in this movie he wasn't really that good. I dunno, his voice doesn't really fit well with modern Sonic to me. It fits with Classic Sonic but when it goes to Modern Sonic Roger Craig Smith or even Jason would've been a better fit.  All the other complaints about this film everybody had already said. I get it that this is fanmade so that's the only reason why I'm not being hard on it. But if this is something that Sega produced then it will be totally unacceptable.

Meh, I'll probably watch it again but this time I'll watch it without  pausing the video every few minutes.

Edited by sonfan1984

At least we can still say Sonic has been in one good film this year thanks to Wreck-It Ralph

tongue.png

Can the Americans say that, actually?

• Thumbs Up 2

At least we can still say Sonic has been in one good film this year thanks to Wreck-It Ralph

tongue.png

As soon as you said Wreck-It Ralph, I instantly compared Sonic in your signature to Hairy, Derp Sonic in your avatar. Speaking of Wreck-It Ralph, when the hell is this movie coming out in the UK??! 

tongue.png

And it's still bloody sad that we've not even got it in the cinema yet...and will be when the US gets their HD digital copies a few days later.

As soon as you said Wreck-It Ralph, I instantly compared Sonic in your signature to Hairy, Derp Sonic in your avatar. Speaking of Wreck-It Ralph, when the hell is this movie coming out in the UK??! 

8th February, just a few more weeks to go :)

8th February, just a few more weeks to go smile.png

And just a week or two before people start pirating the hell out of a 720p HD copy because they don't want to have to pay after having to wait so bloody long.

And just a week or two before people start pirating the hell out of a 720p HD copy because they don't want to have to pay after having to wait so bloody long.

I don't get why it's taking so long to get here, I mean its not like they have to translate the film or anything...

Edited by KrazyBean

Writing this as I watch...

The introduction is a complete mess - why introduce those concepts so quick and with no basing whatsoever? And I absolutely cannot forgive the portrayal of Robotnik. The idea was bad from the start - why base him on SatAM Robotnik? No, really, why? The worst incarnation of the doctor, now made even worse, by the extremely poor execution. Then there's Sonic, who barely even appears, and when he does is full of horrific lines (and look, a completely unecessary "romance"!)

The movie is marked by poor CGI, which would even be forgivable - if the rest wasn't so bad. The plot, the plot... oh, I can't find it! Where is it? It doesn't exist. Sometimes the animation is bad even for a short film, and I've seen better shots in movies with lower budgets and nothing but a blue screen.

dAFD8.jpg

The robots don't even look like they're there. And there's to say those robots were the best part of the film, which isn't saying much.

I really feel bad for anybody who has donated to this, and anybody whose first contact with the Sonic franchise was this. It is not only terrible - it's pathetic.

Edited by Dr. Homem
  • Thumbs Up 4

Writing this as I watch...

The introduction is a complete mess - why introduce those concepts so quick and with no basing whatsoever? And I absolutely cannot forgive the portrayal of Robotnik. The idea was bad from the start - why base him on SatAM Robotnik? No, really, why? The worst incarnation of the doctor, now made even worse, by the extremely poor execution. Then there's Sonic, who barely even appears, and when he does is full of horrific lines (and look, a completely unecessary "romance"!)

The movie is marked by poor CGI, which would even be forgivable - if the rest wasn't so bad. The plot, the plot... oh, I can't find it! Where is it? It doesn't exist. Sometimes the animation is bad even for a short film, and I've seen better shots in movies with lower budgets and nothing but a blue screen.

dAFD8.jpg

The robots don't even look like they're there. And there's to say those robots were the best part of the film, which isn't saying much.

I really feel bad for anybody who has donated to this, and anybody whose first contact with the Sonic franchise was this. It is not only terrible - it's pathetic.

Oh that picture reminds me.

James Rolfe

Doug Walker

what the hell were you doing in this movie?

First the Cheetahmen 2 Kickstarter scandal, and now this? Do you just say yes to anything that gives you screen time?

I don't get why it's taking so long to get here, I mean its not like they have to translate the film or anything...

It's because fuck you Disney >:I Seriously, why the HELL did Brave take 2 months to get to the UK when it's SET IN BRITAIN?!?

Go to hell, Disney. You suck at marketing.

Anyway, back to the topic, even I know how to make Sonic look less-retarded when done in a different style: http://hylian-rinku.deviantart.com/art/A-Different-Sonic-340569549

Psh, I could had done the designing for this, even without knowledge of 3D and still pull it off better.

• Thumbs Up 1

Those people in the comments are so freaking dense if they can't figure out why fans is disappointed/unhappy with this. I don't even care that Sonic has green eyes. It's just Sonic's fugly model used for the film in general that ruins it for me. People made such a big deal about the current Modern Sonic in the games but yet they give this abomination of Sonic a thumbs up. Plus I don't like the realistic/live action direction for this since day one.

Oh yeah, and Soniman quoted someone from 4chan who had said this yesterday:

">tfw this shitty short does more justice to sonic than most of the recent games"....

Um...HOW?!?! Can somebody please explain to me how this live action fan film staring this butt-ugly realistic looking Sonic that don't even look like how Sonic looks in any of his games is doing him more justice especially most people hate Sonic in a realistic and very overly-serious setting with humans taking away the spotlight?

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 7

Remember, Nintendo fans had the Super Mario Bros. Movie as their mascot's movie depiction. So of course the Lebron Sonic fan film is going to look awesome by comparison, which is why Nintendo fans can't understand why Sonic fans are so bent out of shape over it. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Personally, i can't wait for ArtFenix to come and tell us how this uneccessary serious tone is what Sonic should be and that the story is still better than everything that came after 06 laugh.png

• Thumbs Up 6