Awoo.

Eddie Lebron Sonic Movie: New Teaser Trailer!

slam422

His voice...do not want for Dr.Robotnik at all.

I don't think this was the right direction to take Eggman. At all. And it's rather disappointing seeing as Sonic's Teaser was very fitting for him.

But this....kind of turns me off.

Sounds and looks okay, what I'm more interested in is seeing the Sonic model in motion to see if it has really improved from the abomination it was last we saw it.

Sorry, but this whole project still seems ridiculous to me. That trailer...it just made me laugh. The level of cheesiness is just so high...it's like the Super Mario Bros movie (except that was official *shudders*)

Sonic should stay animated. His story might be decent, but I'm not going to be able to take this seriously as a live-action project.

EDIT: I lied, it reminds me of something even worse than Super Mario Bros: The Movie. It reminds me of this:

261jho7.jpg

Edited by SpookyMulder
  • Thumbs Up 1

:|

You guys it's a fan film, and that's fucking impressive as all hell for a fan film. I'd like to see any of you do any better. Gotta stop judging fan-made things as if SEGA themselves were producing them.

Anyhow, the Sonic model looks good for what it has to do imo, and Eggman looks interesting too! =) This is looking good, even if it's not strictly game-canon or anything. Take it as something like the Sonic OVA, any of the cartoons, etc; just based on the universe, not actually canon or anything like that. Impressive that they got Jaleel to do the Sonic voice, too! It's weird (in a good way) hearing him say "Eggman", haha.

I'll keep my eye on this. =3 If anything it'll be an entertaining watch. And heck, it's not like we're paying for it, so if it bombs, we didn't lose anything. *shrug*

EDIT: Looked into finding the Sonic trailer;

For anyone whom wants to see the first one.

Edited by Aptiva
  • Thumbs Up 2

:|

You guys it's a fan film, and that's fucking impressive as all hell for a fan film. I'd like to see any of you do any better. Gotta stop judging fan-made things as if SEGA themselves were producing them.

If you're going to make any type of film for people to watch regardless if it's official or fanmade, that shouldn't stop people from making any sort of criticism and judging the product and just because it's fan-made doesn't mean I have to like it. I still don't like the direction of it being a live action film but I hope that this film does better then the other fan film (if AKR ever finish it).

Edited by sonfan1984

Going by the Megaman movie that they produced first, this Sonic movie will be laughably amateur, but with just enough cool/fun moments to make watching it a worthwhile experience. I'm really looking forward to it. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Assuming this is a more recent revision of the model, I think it's... a little better than it was before. The fuzzy stomach still bothers me, though: shouldn't it be just peach skin like his arms?

Sorry to anybody who thinks they'll like this but I don't see myself enjoying it much. I've always considered Robotnik/Eggman to be a goofy and silly villain for comedic relief and humor. I honestly can't take this seriously in even the slightest bit. It makes me cringe almost. The voice isn't so bad, I just wish he were more...goofy acting. Even the SatAM Robotnik had a somewhat cartoony and childish flare to him. It was the way that they used his evil and dark tone that made it funny.

Plus Sonic looks like an abomination of mankind. His fur looks almost BLACK for God's sake. What is this, the Werehog's skinny sibling? This is why Sonic movies need to be animated and stick to animation.

With that said, I am not, nor will I ever be good enough to make something like this. I hope the project goes well, and hey, who's to say I won't change my mind later on?

Edited by --Chris--
  • Thumbs Up 3

I think I'll like this in the same way I'd like a cheesy, 80s/early 90s sci-fi flick. It'd be fun and stupid, really cheesy, but at least it's entertaining. That's what I'm expecting, at least.

No, I know, I don't mean the constructive criticism is bad or anything. I mean I've encountered people saying "This is awful" or "OH WOW this looks terrible!", not giving any suggestions or implications on how to fix anything, or any respect in general for the people whom CLEARLY put a lot of time and effort into this project. It just really irritates me. It reminds me of when my band did the cover of "So Much More..." for All Stars Racing and T-Bird posted about it on the front page, and we received bullshit comments like "I know people without the facilities of a professional band that do MUCH better." or comments questioning our then-singer's gender (even though she's OBVIOUSLY a girl.). We poured our souls into that for a long time and it felt downright terrible to have so many people rain down on us with stuff like that. :/ Just makes you wanna give up, you know? It's kind of soul crushing, like if you were to work on a single piece of artwork for a very long time, perfect it in your eyes, post it for people to see, and all you get back is "OH WOW THAT'S SO BAD" "LOL! TERRIBLE!"...

@_@ Bwuh. I'll just shut up now, but that's just how I feel on the matter. </Rant>

I agree with this completely, though, I've kinda come to terms years ago that this is just how the world works, screwed up as it sounds. You can put alot of heart and soul into something, but if it's seen as objectively bad then you're just screwed. It stings a little bit when you take a step back and realize that you may be the one person who may truly like something you yourself or others made the way they wanted to make it, while nobody else likes it at all, but, I guess that's just how it is. Doesn't mean I approve of this, but, what can ya do, ya know? Only thing to do is just keep on pressing on with what you wanna do, how you wanna do it, and not worry about what others think, and well, if your work only attracts the few rather than the many, then, so be it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Pretty much. Regardless, I'm sure the fan film will be interesting to watch (That said, like many of you, I'm not a fan of the particular style they're going for with this movie; I personally was never big on the SatAM 'feel' for Sonic because it felt too dark to me.) and that it'll get a huge amount of views when it eventually releases. =) I'm still just impressed that this is a fan work; Quite the undertaking that this director has challenged himself with by having Sonic in CGI, superimposed into live action settings.

• 8 months later...

Trailer looks pretty cool. I'm interested to see the full movie. Though, on terms with the Sonic model, it would've been pretty cool if it were like this. Still has the visible fur, but still looking like the UCG (Unleashed, Colors, Generations) Sonic model.

583px-Ozkurt_Sonic.jpg

Edited by Dr. Felix
  • Thumbs Up 3

It's about time they released a new trailer! Robots, Egg Carrier, and Sonic look good. Still a bit iffy about human freedom fighters though.

Okay, I'm a little confused here. Is this movie supposed to be a sorta-adaptation of Sonic Adventure, or something?

Okay, I'm a little confused here. Is this movie supposed to be a sorta-adaptation of Sonic Adventure, or something?

It's supposed to be loosely based off of satam (you know, with freedom fighters and all), but judging from the trailer it seems that it's gonna borrow elements from the games.