Awoo.

Eddie Lebron Sonic Movie: New Teaser Trailer!

slam422

There really isn't too much to say without repeating what was already said, but I think a lot of you are over exaggerating. It wasn't that bad. I'm not saying it was good, but its nowhere near as bad as you are making it out to be. The cameos by James, Doug, and Brent were pretty cool, even if they weren't needed. I pretty much feel the same way Carbo does, its just one of those 'its so bad, its good' type of movies. It sucks too because you can see all the work put into this and that deserves to be recognized, but it still doesn't exempt it from the very valid criticisms I've seen. I'm pretty neutral at this point on my stance, I enjoyed it for what it was, but it was still pretty bad. 'Meh' sums it up pretty well.

...It's too bad what you made sucks more than a cheap prostitute.

Wow, LMAO! I personally wouldn't go that far, but hey.

Edited by KrazyBean
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't see how it's not as bad as it's being made out to be. Of course the enjoyability of a film will vary from person to person, and good on those who were able to at least get some ironic laughs out of it (personally, my biggest reaction was cringing), but when we're all pointing out technical and narrative errors and posting screenshots, I don't see how that can be dismissed so offhandedly. Having an apathetic reaction to a bad film doesn't make that film any less bad anymore than having an apathetic reaction to Sonic 06 makes it any less bad than we all know that game is.

• Thumbs Up 2

So... I've no way to tell if this is genuine but... Someone has posted this in the TSS comments for the movie, it's currently on hold due to the spam filter, I've no way to authorise is as only Shadzter can ok comments that are on hold in other peoples articles... This is what was said.

"Im going to be honest, i didnt expected the way this movie to end up as it did.
I found the effects suprar and the story was boring.

Though coming from a fanfilm, is quite impressive."

Name: Cinemassacre_James_Rolfe

I don't know if thats the real James Rolfe or just a troll, but... well... there you are.

We quite often do get people pretending to be others leaving comments on stories, but usually they're kinda extreme in their views, this one is quite tame and reasonable hence why I'm not totally dismissing it just yet.

Just watched it now. And I have to say….it sucks. How long did this guy spend on the movie? Cause obviously it wasn't long enough to be good  and it was so long that it was practically a waste of the guy's time. Some of the acting was decent but majority of it was awful. If I saw a giant aircraft in the sky I would have more expression that the group of people he chose combined. And didn't think Jaleel White was all that great as Sonic's voice acting to begin with. 

Have to say a waste of 20 minutes. 

So... I've no way to tell if this is genuine but... Someone has posted this in the TSS comments for the movie, it's currently on hold due to the spam filter, I've no way to authorise is as only Shadzter can ok comments that are on hold in other peoples articles... This is what was said.

I don't know if thats the real James Rolfe or just a troll, but... well... there you are.

I doubt it. The only site James actively posts on is Cinemassacre afaik. 

Sure sounds like some shit James  Mike would say though, I'll give them that.

Edited by Underaged Hot Anime Zombie

Rolfe's YouTube account is JamesNintendoNerd. Misread it, I thought it was a YouTube comment. Nevertheless:

Sure sounds like some shit James would say though, I'll give them that.

No it doesn't, he's the most modest guy on the entire internet. That comment doesn't even qualify as parody, let alone a convincing masquerade.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't see how it's not as bad as it's being made out to be. Of course the enjoyability of a film will vary from person to person, and good on those who were able to at least get some ironic laughs out of it (personally, my biggest reaction was cringing), but when we're all pointing out technical and narrative errors and posting screenshots, I don't see how that can be dismissed so offhandedly. Having an apathetic reaction to a bad film doesn't make that film any less bad anymore than having an apathetic reaction to Sonic 06 makes it any less bad than we all know that game is.

I'm not saying it isn't bad, because it definitely is. Really bad, in fact. People posting the screens and errors have valid criticisms, but then you have some people (not necessarily here, but in general) who just go around saying its the worst thing this fandom has ever produced, which is obviously an exaggeration. I mean, people are saying that this movie, is worse than something like this.

RmpBl.png?1

Come on.

• Thumbs Up 4

If you're admitting the consensus you're disagreeing with is some offsite element that's potentially fringe rather than any real sentiment being displayed on this forum, then I see no reason in arguing that people here who responded more negatively than you did to the film were too harsh. Most members have been pretty sensible about expressing their thoughts, and Eddie has been defended from any undue attacks on his person. In short, I think saying SSMB is overreacting to the film is an overreaction. xP

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not saying it isn't bad, because it definitely is. Really bad, in fact. People posting the screens and errors have valid criticisms, but then you have some people (not necessarily here, but in general) who just go around saying its the worst thing this fandom has ever produced, which is obviously an exaggeration. I mean, people are saying that this movie, is worse than something like this.

RmpBl.png?1

Come on.

At the risk of being weird, I have to say that that artwork is actually a lot easier to stomach than that Sonic model.

With that said, I don't hold any disrespect for Eddie nor the internet celebrities who made the cameos in the film and I'll agree it's not particularly the worst thing I've ever been subjected to from the fandom, but then, I rarely venture into "fan-made territory" anyway, and the image above pretty much exemplifies why that is.

From the way things look now, I wouldn't be surprised if they made a Sonic film for the publicity for their other projects.

Yeah, that's completely my bad. When I was referring to "you" in the first post, I meant everyone in general, not just SSMB. Probably should have been more careful with my wording there haha.

We quite often do get people pretending to be others leaving comments on stories, but usually they're kinda extreme in their views, this one is quite tame and reasonable hence why I'm not totally dismissing it just yet.

I'm going to assume it's fake.

James Rolfe seems intelligent enough to type more competently than that. d:

Eddie is taking reception quite well. I commend him for that especially with the overwhelming negative (and some rather plain asshole comments)

Edited by Urban Flow
  • Thumbs Up 1

James Rolfe actually visits the TSS and various other fan forums as a lurker quite often so it COULD be him, considering TSS is perhaps one of the most famous and legit fan sites for Sonic on the internet, however it's a very, VERY long stretch to say it is him, it clearly looks like more of troll or a super fan.

"Im going to be honest, i didnt expected the way this movie to end up as it did.

I found the effects suprar and the story was boring.

Though coming from a fanfilm, is quite impressive."

That's not James.

"i didnt expected the way this movie to end up as it did." This is poor grammar use.

"I found the effects suprar and the story was boring." It's sub par, not 'suprar'. Also, James would elaborate more than 'the story was boring'.

"Though coming from a fanfilm, is quite impressive". Fan Film has no space, there is no 'it' in front of 'is'.

And why would James make his username Cinemassacre_James_Rolfe.

This is an AVGN fan post.

P.S. NUMBER FIVE-HUNDRED!!!!

500 POSTS!!

WOOO!

ok...

Edited by Abominal Taz

Shit like the character model flying outside of the videos ASPECT RATIO isn't something to care about I guess.

I completely agree with everything you said. I don't understand how he could miss Sonic flying out of the aspect ratio. Did he even watch the film before he produced it? Ridiculous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tg7yXiQo1s

Either way, this is pretty great. Better than the original at least.

• Thumbs Up 1

I may not like the fanfilm very much, but that "parody" video is a hundred times worse than the subject it's trying to mock.

...That's the point.

...That's the point.

I totally get the point. The point just isn't funny.

Edited by XD375

I may not like the fanfilm very much, but that "parody" video is a hundred times worse than the subject it's trying to mock. Are there people who actually think this kind of stuff is funny?

I found it funny because it's both assholish and accurate. Best of both worlds.

• Thumbs Up 7

Funny how it already feels like everyone and their mum's are already beating a Dead horse, and it's only been a day since the Film's début...

• Thumbs Up 3

creep·y

[kree-pee] Show IPA

adjective, creep·i·er, creep·i·est.

having or causing a creeping sensation of the skin, as from horror or fear: a creepy ghost story.

that creeps: a creepy insect.

Slang. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a person who is a creep; obnoxious; weird.

It's used out of context if people are using it to mean "Sonic looks a bit odd"

I doubt anybody actually finds the model to be genuinely creepy, it's an annoyingly overused term because it's so hyperbolic

So...that isn't subjective?

Something looking a bit odd? Isn't that the same as, weird?

Oookay then....