Awoo.

Eddie Lebron Sonic Movie: New Teaser Trailer!

slam422

I don't get why they tried to make Sonic's model seem realistic with the fur-ish effect, it just seems unnecessary when we all know Sonic as the smooth, shiny guy that he is in the games/tv/comics. It's never been used officially and it just makes the model seem out of place even more than a blue anthropomorphic hedgehog already is. They could just have an average Sonic CG model, there's no point to this realism, it didn't work before.

It's a real shame though as Gamma's model looks amazing, they could've probably done something on par with the CG openings we see in the games with Sonic.

But I do love the Gun uniforms, nice touch. I am slightly confused as to what this is following however; Egg carrier, Classic Sonic look, G.U.N and SatAM...whut?

Edited by Wordy

Everything about this movie looks terrible. Jaleel may be a fan favorite, but he's lost his touch.

Eggman looks terrible, Sonic look ESPECIALLY terrible. Probably the only redeeming quallity of the trailer is how stupidly cheesy it is.

• Thumbs Up 3

I've laughed at every teaser so far, and this third one is no exception. The super serious Eggman with the extremely deep voice is terrible, as is Sonic's dodgy furry CGI model.

It's about time they released a new trailer! Robots, Egg Carrier, and Sonic look good. Still a bit iffy about human freedom fighters though.

Those humans are the animal freedom fighters from SatAM? huh.png

I think they are from G.U.N.

This is probably a storyline mash up. Or perhaps it's using Sonic X's Sonic Adventure arc?

Also, I actually liked their MegaMan movie. Sure it was a "low-budget" movie but it's a fan movie. The nerd in me is pleased by the details the movie had. They've done what they could with what they had. Sure not the best they could do but I am content with it.

I'm looking forward to this movie.

And one more thing:

Jaleel White.

Edited by sayi50

But considering what he's produced, it's quite amazing, but in terms of what he's going for when it comes to the design direction? Has anyone done anything better?

• Thumbs Up 3

This was already brought up in this topic earlier; just because it's a fan-made thing and most if not all of us couldn't do better, that doesn't mean it's not open season for criticism.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yes I'm aware of that. The problem is the vast majority isn't criticism so much as it's mindless slagging off. Or complaining about stuff which isn't even relivant or an issue to the project. I've seen one complaint about the fact Jaleel White is doing the voice... as he may have been paid to do it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I personally can't see why everybody is upset with the visuals. It looks awesome for a low budget film. Sheesh it's not like this is being made by a big name animation studio like Pixar or Dreamworks.

I personally can't see why everybody is upset with the visuals. It looks awesome for a low budget film. Sheesh it's not like this is being made by a big name animation studio like Pixar or Dreamworks.

No one is saying it is, and no one has said they expect brand name standards. Just because it's a low budget fan-made film, that doesn't mean we can't not like stuff about it.

For a fan effort it looks fine to me.

If this is the guy's vision of a Sonic film, then by all means go for it, I'm not going tell him how his Sonic movie should be, I just hope for a decently fun and entertaining romp of a film and by what I'm seeing so far it's looking to deliver, even if it is pretty cheesy.

I know, each to their own. Because I'm not to fond with sonic having human partners especially if they're supposed to be the freedom fighters for this movie. I will lay off a bit if they'd GUN however.

Omega looks awesome

. . . I just lost all faith in humanity.

Sonic is dead to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

EDIT: Ack! Well played, sayi50.

Of course, it's my duty as the lurker to notice these things first... I was just too lazy to fix 'em before biggrin.png

Edited by sayi50