Awoo.

Eddie Lebron Sonic Movie: New Teaser Trailer!

slam422

This is going to be the funniest video I've seen in a long time. I can't wait to see this with friends.

If you think this is so hilarious I can only imagine how you would've reacted had AKR finished his fan film.

Edited by Dark Energon Johnny
  • Thumbs Up 3

If you think this is so hilarious I can only imagine how you would've reacted had AKR finished his fan film.

You don't even need the whole fanfilm to get hilarity out of it, if the Metallic Hoedown is any indication.

Edited by VEDJ-F
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sonic looks strange. The design for him makes no sense to me in terms of fur.

Robotnik looked better than Sonic. The glasses look is down. The mustache is not freakishly huge like in the games, which is okay in a live action movie. I think he has a good voice actor...so far.

Whatever you do, Eddie Lebron, do not make this movie suck. Disappointment is not an option.

Edited by UltDevilDoom

They got Gamma's number on his model wrong. It's supposed to be 102 not 100 /ruined forever.

Seriously though I wasn't much interested in this at first but after seeing this trailer with the Egg Carrier and Gamma I'm intrigued. I wonder of it's actually gonna be Gamma with like his personality and stuff or if its just going to be some generic robot minion akin to the E-1000s.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like how everyone here is expecting some sort of Block Buster quality from the dude. While there are some bad things about it, It miles ahead what anyone has done...considering the very low budget and possibly low staff. The fact that the creators even went out of his way to bring in White is impressive considering its just a fan vid.

HogFather puts it the best. "Can anyone here have done better?" A lot of folks are acting like they are top movie critics or something.

Edited by Voyant
  • Thumbs Up 1

I like how everyone here is expecting some sort of Block Buster quality from the dude. While there are some bad things about it. It miles ahead what anyone has done...considering the very low budget and possibly low staff. The fact that the creators even went out of his way t bring in White is impressive considering its just a fan vid.

HogFather puts it the best. "Can anyone here have done better?" A lot of folks are acting like they are top movie critics or something.

Um, no offense, mon, but this whole "Let's See YOU Do Better" counter-complaint... it still ain't a good one. Just because I most likely can't do better, doesn't mean he and his work are free from criticism.

• Thumbs Up 3

Um, no offense, mon, but this whole "Let's See YOU Do Better" counter-complaint... it still ain't a good one. Just because I most likely can't do better, doesn't mean he and his work are free from criticism.

I not saying it should be free from "constructive" cristsim...but credit still is deserved where its do. People are quick to slam before looking into the mirror.

That's all I'm saying.

• Ehh….
    The acting sounds great, and the props are really cool, but the CGI effects are a bit disappointing, to be honest. Sonic and Gamma look EXTREMELY cheesy and awkward. The models are great, but how they’re placed and shaded is… bleh.
    Despite all that, I’m boiling with anticipation.

Looks good, not the best CGI I've ever seen but hey it's a fan movie.Looking forward to this.

You know, I think they could've benefitted from a greater budget. I'm those guys have jobs so they could easily just get a loan.

The writing may be great who knows. But you're going to want to have awesome animation to back up your writing. No one watches a movie to listen and I can see most people being turned off by these effects, especially Sonic.

so they could easily just get a loan.

You'd have more success trying to rob the bank than getting a loan from it in this current ecconomy.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like how everyone here is expecting some sort of Block Buster quality from the dude. While there are some bad things about it, It miles ahead what anyone has done...considering the very low budget and possibly low staff. The fact that the creators even went out of his way to bring in White is impressive considering its just a fan vid.

I'm not expecting Blockbuster quallity, I'm expecting it to not look like shit. I was disappointed.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not expecting Blockbuster quallity, I'm expecting it to not look like shit. I was disappointed.

This, even if it is a fan film. I'll give them credit for trying. But you've got a movie about a cartoony hedgehog who's going to be around real life humans. Atleast with Mega man they could use actors to portray the Robot masters. If you're going to do something, do it right.

• 3 months later...

After 2 years in the making, the live-action “Sonic” fan film starring Jaleel White will be released online January 9th, 2013 after a world premiere screening at MAGFest 2013, occurring January 3th-6th. The screening will have Writer/Director Eddie Lebron in attendance with Producers David S. Horowitz and Daniel Horowitz, all of whom will be doing a Q&A after the screening. In addition to showing various other bonus videos related to the project. While the release has been confirmed, the exact date and time of the world premiere will be announced publicly once the MAGFest 2013 schedule has been finalized. Check back here for the date and time World Premiere at Magfest 2013. Feel free to leave comments below. All updates will be posted here so please stay tuned.

About the “Sonic” Fan Film

“Sonic” is a non-profit, 25 minute live-action short fan film based on the iconic blue hedgehog, featuring the voice of Jaleel White, returning to play the character which he first played in 1993. The film is written/directed by Eddie Lebron and produced by Blue Core Studios; known for their feature length "MegaMan" fan film that was released online May 2010.

The film serves as a prequel to the original 1991 classic with various new elements integrated from all of the known Sonic the Hedgehog mythologies. The film aims to establish a revised story; similarly to how Archie Comics did a new take on the character separate from the game's known canon. The short will feature a blend of both live-action and computer-generated sequences featuring many well known Sonic enemies, including his arch nemesis: Dr. Robotnik.

The film was financed out of pocket with the help of fan donations all across the world. Eddie Lebron, along with Blue Core Studios, hopes to explore greater avenues with this project once it's completed and released publicly.

For more information on the Magfest, visit: http://www.magfest.org

For more information on the film, visit: http://www.sonicfanfilm.com, http://www.facebook.com/sonicfanfilm

For more information about Blue Core Studios, visit: http://www.blucorestudios.com, http://www.facebook.com/BlueCoreStudios

Despite the quality of the movie being undecided, it's great to see one of these Sonic projects finally come to fruition.

• Thumbs Up 7

How can it be a prequel AND a 'revised story'? A prequel needs to lead into what comes later. If you're revising canon that's not a prequel, that's a reboot. Then again it seems as though they're going off the American backstory for the first Sonic game but for that to make sense you'd have to separate the first game from the canocity of the sequels which is weird and I don't know why they wouldn't just call it a retelling or reinterpretation or adaptation instead of calling it a prequel but not really because it doesn't actually match up with what comes after.

Without a budget and an extended, fully-staffed studio, and other studios to further farm out effects and compositing work to? Yeah, that sounds about right. I myself am working on a minute to a minute-and-a-half animated short on my own. It's going to take 40 weeks if I play my cards right. The work involved in film-making is pretty daunting and leads to long production times; it's not something you can just shit out if you expect it to look good.

At my skill level a comic takes two hours to ink lineart, four hours to shade a character.

god knows how much for a complete page.

If I had but a bit of money I'd have gladly given a few hundred at least to this project.

I will watch it, as it's my duty as part of a fan. It is indeed probably better than what many could churn out. Though an animated film probably would have been a better idea; with furries it is best to keep them in a cartoony format than inject them into RL. That model, while good on its own, just looks odd against a real backdrop.