Awoo.

Eddie Lebron Sonic Movie: New Teaser Trailer!

slam422

I find it hard not to laugh at it.

The smile is creepy, the model is weird and too furry and dark. The freaking badniks look too robotic. GOD.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, I could run with Mega Man's weird looks (seriously, you couldn't find a parka and a kid to use for Ice Man?!), but this makes 06 with it's realistic style look cartoony by comparison. I ain't watching.

• Thumbs Up 1

....That smile is creepy. D: I understand he want a realstic looking Sonic to fit in with the live action theme, but why didn't he just use the furred 06 model? Atleast that looks like Sonic, this doesn't. :/

Oh.

Oh no.

THAT'S NOT SONIC

WHAT THE FUCK IS A SONIC GUYS AM I RIGHT

Edited by Kenstar
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's pretty nicely made, but if they thought people would accept their take on the character design they were kidding themselves.

• Thumbs Up 1

Coming to an Interwebs near you January 9th; Sonic 06, the Movie!

Edited by -Mark-
  • Thumbs Up 2

It's only Janaury 2nd and already we have a strong competitor for Nightmare Fuel of the year 2013!

I get that this is a fan made thing but Jesus Christ is there nobody on the project in charge of design? It looks terrible.

I keep looking at it and just keep spotting stupid and goofy things, like how the title SONIC looks like the kind of text you see on the jewlery of a gangster rapper as he punches the screen.

And is it just me, or does Sonic look a lot like the fluff that collects at the bottom of a tumble dryer?

• Thumbs Up 8

Sonic's appearance here is without doubt the worst representation of him I have ever seen. I don't understand how anybody can think this looks good. What the hell is wrong with this Sonic?

436px-Colours_BasicPose_Sonic00.png

It's not just the model that bothers me either. The pose looks incredibly stupid, does nobody at Blue Core know how to pull an expressive pose? You can't even claim that one to trying to look realistic, It looks nothing like a human run cycle, it just looks retarded. 

Edited by Gatestormer
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm very torn... On one hand I can appreciate the time and effort the team has put into this project...

But on the other hand, i-it just looks so weird... Sonic looks like a fucking blue Diddy Kong!

Diddy8.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

I like the shade of blue they have for Sonic. All the trailers made it look like they made Sonic a sort of navy colour which I was against. But this blue looks a bit brighter so hopefully they don't make him any darker in the film.

Still dont think they should have an Egg Carrier there if it's meant to be a prequel to Sonic 1, it makes no sense.

That's no Sonic the Hedgehog, it couldn't be more crystal clear

Instead we have some strange blue imposter of him here

Looks like Sonic the Werehog just after a close shave

Of all the fur he grew over years living in a abandoned cave

The should had taken notes on how 06 failed in the realism department

Because Sonic here looks like he's wearing a animal skin carpet

But I've seen a few worse designs for the blue hedgehog

Hopefully the rest of the film isn't as bad as this shaggy dog

Edited by Kazaam
  • Thumbs Up 3

I don't get it. Who gives a flying doo doo what they look like. At least everything resembles what they should be.

The fact that someone has gone to the effort they have for this is superb! You should all stop your whining and just be happy it was made!

You should all stop your whining and just be happy it was made

I think you're getting me confused. I'm not Whining as much as I'm taking the piss out of it.

Though I do have one question. Why should I be happy it was made?

I seem to remember a group of people telling me how I should be happy and how I should be practically kissing the feet of the last guy who made a http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gyp9aCxHAvQ, I'm still waiting for an explanation as to why I should be happy.

So yes, why should I be happy exactly?

At least everything resembles what they should be.

Sonic does not resemble one of the Country Bears.

$(KGrHqFHJB8E7y)8tZ1LBO9USW5ysw~~60_12.J

That doesn't count!

• Thumbs Up 5

I don't get it. Who gives a flying doo doo what they look like. At least everything resembles what they should be.

The fact that someone has gone to the effort they have for this is superb! You should all stop your whining and just be happy it was made!

Someone went to the effort of making this:

4955246211_dd992dea18_z.jpg

Doesn't mean I should like it. 

• Thumbs Up 8

What's wrong with criticising art? I'm pleased that Sonic has enough love in the world for people to dedicate this much time, effort and money to him but sorry this is a CGI movie, visuals are incredibly important. Hell I'd argue the foundation of a CGI movie comes from it's visuals.

On top of that, Sonic is quite controversial when it comes to his appearance. With the fanbase they're aiming at they needed to be very careful with the character designs, but instead they took a bold step and ultimately ended up with something I can't imagine will appeal to the Sonic fanbase. 

• Thumbs Up 3

*sees people complaining about the model in the statuses*

*thinks to herself 'oh, it can't be THAT bad, you guys are silly'*

*clicks on this topic*

Reaction:

'What the hell am I looking at?'

Seriously, I've seen 'bad' and I've seen 'bad.'

This is bad.

• Thumbs Up 7

Eddie has never exactly been able to cobble together a great special effects budget.

Edited by Masaru Daimon

SFX = Sound Effects.

Unless you're talking about how the Yellow Devil squashing Mega Man made NO NOISE in the Mega Man film, in which case, you're right.

EDIT: Confound it, no-one will ever understand the context of this post!

Edited by Spin Attaxx

SFX = Sound Effects.

Unless you're talking about how the Yellow Devil squashing Mega Man made NO NOISE in the Mega Man film, in which case, you're right.

I meant special effects, really. The quality of CG effects tends to vary in his works.

Though when I saw the trailer, Sonic looked much better in motion than he did in that pic, so, yeah.

Why does sonic look like a lifeless doll?

I don't know, I think sonic should never be in a realistic kind of style. But this is just not the wrong style but a bad one too.

But oh well, I think I might see this just to get a laugh.