Awoo.

Eddie Lebron Sonic Movie: New Teaser Trailer!

slam422

The mouth reminds me of Donkey Kong. D:

Okay, I don't really complain about Sonic's mouth and I strug it off when I see people poking fun at his mouth in the official renders... but this mouth just looks really off. I can't stop staring at it, that's probably the main thing that really bothers me about the realistic model they're using for this fanfilm.

Edited by sonfan1984

Still, something off about how he has quills on his quills...

(NO QUILLCEPTION JOKES!)

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't think the models are BAD, they're just laughable.

They animate horribly, though. Especially Sonic in the 3rd trailer. I mean, what the heck happened? He looked so awesome in the teaser, but in trailer 3, he looks like sped up footage of a Chuck E. Cheese animatronic.

Edited by Auto

Still, something off about how he has quills on his quills...

(NO QUILLCEPTION JOKES!)

I think the idea was that he has thousands of quills clumped together to form six. As someone who thinks that's how Sonic's quills would probably look like in a real life setting, I'm sort of ok with it.

One thing I would change though, is Sonic's eye position to make it look more like he's looking at the camera, rather than the ground.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 1

Since I hit a sore thumb on Barry's status update, thought I'd move this here.

= PARADISE

Add an "actor who doesn't fit and sounds like a girl" and you've summed up my thoughs perfectly.
*Tracker Clause - I know that, I don't care. "Jaleel fucking White" doesn't fit for me at ALL and the first time I heard him on the second trailer I honestly thought he was a girl. I don't hate him, he seems like a very good actor, but he's just NOT Sonic to me, and I don't think his voice fits the modern design at ALL.

Also, I'm with you guys on he whole "quills on quills" thing.

The thing I don't understand, is he decided to make set a film about cartoon-y characters... In the real world. WHY?!? Just, WHY?!?

The thing I don't understand, is he decided to make set a film about cartoon-y characters... In the real world. WHY?!? Just, WHY?!?

It's much easier to do a budget fan film that's live-action with CGI that will be composited later instead of it being completely animated, if only for the fact that the actual planning work that goes into a CGI movie is nearly absent from a live-action one because, yanno, you have to create everything from nothing.

One think I can tell you, if I was making this movie and saw all these reactions, id feel like total shit. All just for taking the time to at least attempt making a movie for a franchise he loves.

I get that automatically doesn't make him free from criticism but getting comments like "he should feel bad for making it" (whether joking or not) just seems excessively cruel and uncalled for to me.

Ya know what, I understand this. But the moment he made this thing public, he opened it to everyone to comment on. So I don't really think he should go kill himself(Hyperbole) simply because a few people made a couple of nasty comments. It's the Internet, shit like this happens all the time, and it's going to keep happening. So I see as this, you have two options; Wangst about something you can't change, or just suck it up and move on. 

Edited by Ragna the Bloodedge
  • Thumbs Up 4

One think I can tell you, if I was making this movie and saw all these reactions, id feel like total shit. All just for taking the time to at least attempt making a movie for a franchise he loves.

I get that automatically doesn't make him free from criticism but getting comments like "he should feel bad for making it" (whether joking or not) just seems excessively cruel and uncalled for to me.

Agreed fully, saying that though, if it were me, I'd probably step back several times during development and think about whether adding or taking away certain things here and there would set fans of the series off or not. But then again, I mingle within the fanbase on a regular basis. In Lebron's case, maybe he's more of a casual fan; played some games, watched the shows and read the comics as a kid, thought it was awesome and that was it. Maybe he thought he could get by with what he's doing now and people would be alright with it, and there'd be no problems. If he regularly visted Sonic forums and such though, maybe the final product would've came out differently as he'd know all the common things that set Sonic fans off when it comes to what they like to see.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 5

I'm not saying don't oppose stupid criticism, but there are some things that you should just let go and not let others dictate what happens to your work. If it's something you're passionate about and really enjoy doing, who cares what anyone else thinks.

• Thumbs Up 4

Making artwork that's specifically meant to be viewed by a wide audience, and then not caring what your audience thinks about it, is cognitive dissonance of some degree. More often than not, it generally results in annoying self-wankery and an unearned sense of accomplishment (looking at you, Bay and Boll) and is indicative of an artist with little ability to grow and improve.

There comes a point when criticism stops becoming criticism and just fanwankery, and that's what I'm mainly talking about right there. Taking every single word of critique to heart and trying to "fix" your work is only going to lead to disjointed piece of work. I clearly said not all criticism is bad and should be ignored, I just said that letting a few negative comments kill your entire drive to finish your work is a self defeating process.

There comes a point when criticism stops becoming criticism and just fanwankery, and that's what I'm mainly talking about right there. Taking every single word of critique to heart and trying to "fix" your work is only going to lead to disjointed piece of work. I clearly said not all criticism is bad and should be ignored, I just said that letting a few negative comments kill your entire drive to finish your work is a self defeating process.

Just like Sonic Team's general mentality! happy.png

Edited by Malpercio
  • Thumbs Up 3

Your first post, you said that by putting this thing online, he opened the floor to any and all comments and should either suck it up or "wangst" about it, neither of which is advocacy for properly parsing critique. You also said if you're passionate enough about something, you shouldn't care for what anyone thinks of it which is pretty much in the vain of "sucking it up" and is also, as I argued, a surefire way to becoming a shit artist anyway. Artists, at least ones that aren't totally self-absorbed, do care what people think of their work and always will. That's why filmmakers spend years of their lives working very hard on movies for people to watch for a few hours of one day.

If you're now arguing that you should be able to select proper criticism you get from people and not let fandumb get you down, than I pretty much agree, but that's not what you were saying beforehand anyway.

Edited by Nepenthe

tumblr_lzlzkipaHv1r5gbruo1_400.jpg

Oh hi there center mouth its soo good to see you again.

Other then that and the god awful fuzz, the model is fine.

• Thumbs Up 1

Your first post, you said that by putting this thing online, he opened the floor to any and all comments and should either suck it up or "wangst" about it, neither of which is advocacy for properly parsing critique. You also said if you're passionate enough about something, you shouldn't care for what anyone thinks of it which is pretty much in the vain of "sucking it up" and is also, as I argued, a surefire way to becoming a shit artist anyway. Artists, at least ones that aren't totally self-absorbed, do care what people think of their work and always will. That's why filmmakers spend years of their lives working very hard on movies for people to watch for a few hours of one day.

If you're now arguing that you should be to select proper criticism you get from people and not let fandumb get you down, than I pretty much agree, but that's not what you were saying beforehand anyway.

Because it was a hyperbole, when I speak in extremes like that I'm not using a literal meaning.

...There's definitely a Jason Griffith condom-related joke here. ;v

But... Sonic is voiced by Jaleel White.

... So...

• Thumbs Up 5

I always figured Zero was E-100 , a sorta prototype for the E-series. Still not too big a deal as he's quite obviously Gamma and hopefully he's referred to as such. Personality would be cool too, but I feel like he's gonna be generic as there's not much room for character development for a robot in a 25 minute film. 

Sure it all looks iffy, but Gamma, the Egg Carrier, GUN, buzzbombers, freedom fighters and Static the Hedgehog all being present seems to be proof of the mash-up they promised so you can't really complain. He obviously liked the first game, SatAM, and the Adventure games, and so do I so who can blame him? We all know how the games play out, did we really want straight adaptions? It's a short film full of references, I'll enjoy it for what it is. Hollywood would've messed far more up.