Awoo.

Eddie Lebron Sonic Movie: New Teaser Trailer!

slam422

No one is forcing you guys to watch it you know? If you don't like you can simply just stop and go and do something else.

• Thumbs Up 4

That was really underwhelming. Most of it was all in name only. GUN were just random military guys (I guess no different to the main series then),

Green Hill Zone had a nod at the end and I was surprised we even saw the checkered landscape, Marble Zon appeared on a screen, the Chaos Emerald had some cameos,

everything else was just kind of this bland, generic "epic" thing that didn't feel like Sonic. In terms of games it's definitely closest to 06, right down to the pointless realism and GUN being pronounced "Gee You Enn" at what point.

It's sad, but my favourite part was the James Rolfe cameo.

The effects weren't too bad actually, it's just I felt it had really bad direction. And not much really happened tbh, it's like the events didn't really correspond to anything more grand, it was just sort of a random events plot.

It wasn't like the worst thing ever made ever, but it's kind of just there and ultimately didn't make me react much, make me laugh or anything like that, or think "oh this action setpiece is cool".

Edited by Semi-colon e
  • Thumbs Up 2

No one is forcing you guys to watch it you know? If you don't like you can simply just stop and go and do something else.

Yeah but nobody is forcing me to not comment on how bad it is either.

• Thumbs Up 4

Just because it's fan work, it doesn't mean it shouldn't be criticised.

• Thumbs Up 8

The main problem, and the thing that makes it so hard to watch, is that it has really poor flow to the CGI. The models look good enough that the fit pretty well with the live action backgrounds, and the casting seems alright (albeit heavily SatAM influenced, obviously); but they just don't mesh together properly. They don't move like they have the proper mass. And it's not even like it's that far off. It's just far off enough that it's unnerving. Kind of Phantom Menace-ish.

It also has elements that weren't entirely thought through. Like... a stock ticker on the bottom of the screen during the report on Robotnik's ascension?

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1

James Rolfe and Doug Walker (and Brentalfloss, apparantly) appearing were the highlights for me.

Otherwise, Sonic shouldn't be epic in a dark, dramatic sense. Or realistic. 06 is Looney Tunes by comparison.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well that was.....ok I guess, honestly it wasn't as bad as people are making it out to be. It's not good by any means, but it's ok for a low budget film. That said, the music is completely unfitting and there were times when I didn't even know it was there. Sonic is hardly in the flim, but at the very least when he's there he's doing something. Jaleel White has aged. And it wouldn't be a live action adaption if we didn't focus on random humans we don't give a shit about.

Also, serious Eggman? Yeah, that's not working at all.

• Thumbs Up 9

Wow I actually like the voice they used for Knuckles. Me being a SatAM fan is probably one of the main reasons why I enjoy this film, sure its cheesy, but not exactly in a negative way. At least those are my thoughts. I kinda kept one core fact in mind: It's a Fan Film. That is all. I appreciate what Eddie has done though for some peeps to call it complete shit is really disrespectful but I mean its the internet and its a forum so whatever.

Right ok. For a fan effort, it was good. I liked Jaleel. I think he came off as ok, though a few of his quotes seemed out of context. Also, the mouth kinda disorients me. Robotnik was ok, could have used a more noticeable moustache. The Gee you en soldiers annoyed me. Why was Doug Walker in it? I like the guy but it was kinda weird seeing him here, not exactly unwanted but still strange. My major problem is it tries to cram too much into too little time. 18 minutes? Please. So had a lot of problems overall though one last thing. If this is before Sonic 1 then why does Knuckles appear? Also, fingers.

joker-laugh.gif

Wow. That was terrible. Like seriously, I didn't like any of that. Everyone else has explained all my problems with this film beautifully already, so I'll just say this:

The effort put into this fanfilm is amazing on so many levels. But that doesn't mean we should sugarcoat the fact that it isn't very good. I'm already pretty much done with the film and I sure as hell ain't watching it again. I hope that it doesn't get universally panned, but at the same time I feel like that's what is going to happen, which is a shame, but it's well-earned quality-wise.

Oh yeah... why the hell was Knuckles on South Island anyway?

• Thumbs Up 6

Yeah, I appreciate and commend the effort, but that was pretty medicore to bad. The acting was subar (even White, god he's aged badly), the score was generic, the tone screamed Dark Knight and was really unfitting for Sonic, and there was some serious tone clashes with some of the SATAM-style Sonic lines. Yes I know Sonic is a cocky character but it just clashed with the tone so much. Goes to show that I don't think the film should have tried to be this dark in the first place. I did like the action sequences enough but some of Sonic's movements felt so stiff, and of course, the models of Sonic and Knux are horrendous. 

So, mediocre movie, disappointing, lower expectations if you plan to watch. 

Oh and Eggman was terrible.

Edited by Chaos Warp

Okay...

Well....uhm...That was disappointing. Eddie, I love you for tackling this, but i'm sorry. This is not what 2.5 years of work should have looked like... All the cameos were way damn early. I could barely hear anything with that "Epic" Music. The CGI effects for Sonic was terrible. He didn't even have that much dialogue. The whole thing was over quickly with a Knuckles appearance thrown in. Eggman didn't feel like Eggman. And there was no base plot. All we saw was, Cameos, Robots, Sonic, Emerald, Humans, Knuckles, End, in that order.

I praise the effort, especially since it's a Sonic live action film, a rare topic, but this was quite the letdown compared to Megaman.

The best bit of the film was Jaleel White doing Sonic's voice and the cliff hanger....

250px-CG_Knuckles.png

Oh, and Robotnik did sound quite a bit like Christian Bale's Batman.

The film was okay, sort of.

Now how about we get a proper feature length Sonic movie like Wreck-It Ralph?!!!

Edited by Robin John Blake

Well that was intresting. For a low budget film it was pretty entertaining.

Liked: I liked that Sonic's character was handled close to how he normally is.

The SA1 vibes from the Egg Carrier scene above the city was nice.

I liked D.J Hazard's Robotnik performance.

While Jaleel White's role of Sonic has aged a lot, it was nice to hear him again.

Wasn't keen on: Some of the casting choices were questionable. BentalFloss, James Rolfe and Doug Walker really feel out of place.

Too much time spent on the human characters. They arn't really intresting either.. Sonic's hardly in this

Not much of a plot going on. It feels like a setup for a sequal thats probably not happening so it would of been nice to have a story.

Only nitpick I have with Sonic's model is his mouth. It looks really stretched out and weird. Also Knuckles with fingers?

While i'm cool with the serious tone at times, it's trying to balance multiple Sonic universes together and it comes off as a bit of a mess.

CGI isn't fantastic and physics don't seem to apply when it's blending with the enviroment. Could of used a bit of work.

Overall while it's nothing amazing, it's decent for a fan film. I was entertained even with it's issues. Good watch.

Edited by BlueTidalGamer

'Twas mildly enjoyable. Had its problems and if judged as an actual movie, it'd be pretty bad, but it was alright for a fan effort. Liked Jaleel as Sonic, some of the cameos, and the battle/running scenes. Main issues were the story not really going anywhere and the overly serious take on Eggman, but I still got a bit of enjoyment out of it.

Oh jeez. I was remaining cautiously optimistic for this, but...

- The movie barely had Sonic in it at all

- Sonic's model is so odd looking (way too furry with a giant center mouth)

- Most of the CG stuff doesn't blend well with the real environments (mainly due to the the lack of effort it making it look like the models are actually in the environment at all. One scene that sticks out to me is when Sonic is riding the motobug; the grass doesn't move at all and it just looks so fake and plastered onto the scene.)

- Why is Eggman's mustache so small?

-Why does Knuckles have fingers? How do you screw up one of the main characteristics of a character like that?

-The ending (?). So is this going to be continued on into another movie, or did it just end on a cliffhanger to be "epic"?

I mean, I realize this is a fan project and all, but with the way Lebron hyped it up, it was just so disappointing.

Just because it's a fan film doesn't mean it can't also be a bad film. Heck, it's hardly a film at all. It's an 18 minute showcase of some rather shoddy visual effects, really.

The effort shines through but ultimately it fails to deliver on the basis of what it was meant to be. There's zero story, zero character development, even zero Sonic for the most part. I had no reason to care about anything that happened.

Also, the shameless inclusion of internet personalities was cringe-worthy. I know some people will enjoy it for the OMGBRENTALFLOSS! or OMGTEHNERD! or OMGNOSTALGIACRITIC! factor, but for me, it ruined the whole thing. I was under the impression this was meant to be a serious project - as the tone of the film implies - and yet here we have every celebrity they could get together thrown in because... well, just because, it would seem.

They could have done a far better job with the 18 minutes they had in terms of cinematic quality. As an effort, it's commendable, and far beyond what any one of us could probably ever achieve. As a to-be-taken-seriously film though, it's not worth your time.

I understand, I am not saying its a perfect film or anything but I see certain peeps judging it like if it had a budget of a major released movie and all. Gonna be brutally honest though, I am not even a big fan of those 3 Youtube Personalities. I commend them in the area of effort tons because like you said I doubt any of us sitting our asses here can do any better. But nonetheless I know what you are saying.

SONIC WAS TOO SLOW

Edit: And I mean literally: TOO SLOW

What was with that CGI? Ugh, it was so TERRIBLE.

Edited by Cola

Hahaha, oh god, that was fantastic.

I needed a good laugh today.  I mean, Sonic the Bastardization rescuing Doug Walker from the cute scaaaaaaary robots.  I'm glad I took the time to watch it.

Really, it's terrible.  But it's enjoyably so.

Edited by Pinkamina
  • Thumbs Up 1

I understand, I am not saying its a perfect film or anything but I see certain peeps judging it like if it had a budget of a major released movie and all. Gonna be brutally honest though, I am not even a big fan of those 3 Youtube Personalities. I commend them in the area of effort tons because like you said I doubt any of us sitting our asses here can do any better. But nonetheless I know what you are saying.

Yeah I agree, and just to add to my previous post, I'm not calling the film bad. But it was a little heartbreaking regarding how Eddie hyped it up.

• Thumbs Up 1