Awoo.

Sonic DL?

Trixie the Great

So I was just browsing the PS3 store when I came across a DLC listing for Sonic DL. It has nothing in it but has the Sonic 4 teased image on it. Could this mean Sonic 4 Episode 2 and 3 will be DLC? I don't know. Check it out if you want and could someone get a pic of it?

sonicdl.jpg

13/10/2010... the day Sonic 4 came out.

If it's anything, I suspect it's supposed to be a folder for all the Sonic 4 episodes. But it's a little strange how it's in the DLC section with a name like that.

Fuck, I don't remember the source. But yeah, Sonic DL was the the tentative title for S4E1 before they'd decided what it was going to be. So yeahj, the game didn't even start production as Sonic 4, just a random downloadable Sonic title.

• Thumbs Up 1

Calling it Sonic 4 wasn't really the best idea. Something more along the lines of "Sonic 2D Adventure" would have been much better, or, heck, if I may: New Sonic the Hedgehog?

• Thumbs Up 5

Maybe it will be a folder containing all the episodes once they're finished? But yeah, given that Ep 1 was DLC, they'll probably release the other two in a similar manner (especially considering that DLC is always cheaper, especially when it's such a small game that it isn't worth having a disk.) Granted they might release a disk with all the parts of the episode on it, but not for the individual episodes.

Fuck, I don't remember the source. But yeah, Sonic DL was the the tentative title for S4E1 before they'd decided what it was going to be. So yeahj, the game didn't even start production as Sonic 4, just a random downloadable Sonic title.

I remember it being brought up on Retro, and like you I can't remember the source either.

...did we get it from someone checking the details of the Crabmeat image? I know we got the rough date it was scanned (May of 2009 I believe), but can't remember if SonicDL came from that.

This is going to bug me now.

Start here.

• 1 month later...

If Sonic Generations sells great, they may add more re-made levels through DLC. Though, that's just my hypothesis.

edit-

and I'm totally off the thread track. Not even the same subject >.>

Let's hope they aren't dividing their resources to work on Sonic DL. Though, from what I've seen of Generations, they haven't.

Edited by Forest_GS