Awoo.

DaddlerTheDalek

I want your Ideas for a Theatrical Sonic The Hedgehog Movie! icon_sonic.gif

What you would like to see? 2D or 3D or even Live Action? What bad guys? Which character developments? Which director? Which composer? Which movie studio? Even Based on AOSTH or SatAM?

As an example: I would love to see a Big Budget CGI Sonic Trilogy in 3D. cool.png

Tell me your Vison!biggrin.png

1046655621-hollywood.9.jpg

I'd really like to see a loose adaptation of the Genesis games. I think you could tell a really good Pixar-style story if you focused on environmental themes and, of course, " the real superpower of teamwork!"

I think the idea of a fat man shaped like an egg who goes around trapping animals in robots and trying to collect magical gems, so he can build a giant spacestation shaped like his head, while fighting a speedy blue hedgehog has a lot of quirky potential.

• Thumbs Up 3

I agree with SpookyMulder, that the movie would have to be a loose adaption of the original Genesis games. By "loose adaption" I don't mean like the Western version of the stories, but one close enough to the actual Japanese storylines...

On the subject of animation and all that, I'd like it to be 2D animation exactly in the style of Sonic CD/OVA. Not much else I can say though...

• Thumbs Up 3

Pixar-styled, Night of the Werehog-type film (but with dialogue). Set in the present games universe. Original plot, focusing on the main cast but with plenty of cameo appearances from other characters. Focuses on both humour and action and gets more serious by the end.

Edited by Unknownlight
  • Thumbs Up 9

A Sonic movie directed by Kevin Smith.

The plot would involve Robotnik trying to take over the world, and Sonic not giving a shit about what happens and being lazy as fuck. Tails and Knuckles would be stoners, Amy's stalkerish tendencies would be taken up to 11 and there'd be loads of Star Wars references.

It'd clean up very nicely at the Razzies.

Edited by SHAX Hedgefox
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'll be the Adventure fanboy in this and say a film based off SA2. The SA2 plot has the right amount of suspence, drama, and action for a movie. I would love for the action scences to take ideas from the Unleashed opening scene. To be honest, I adore the way everything looked in Unleashed so the art direction would be in that way (Everything except the Pixar-y Humans). Shadow's death would be one of the most climatic scenes.

EDIT: Post ideas

Voice actors: Current VAs

Plot: Would pretty much be faithful to the game's plot.

Title: Sonic Adventure: Project Shadow (I know it's cheesy)

Edited by ThatGuy
  • Thumbs Up 1

A 3D animated movie. I wouldn't really want it to be based off a certain game, more off the series. I think they should get the studio used for "Night of the Werehog" (SEGA VE I think?) They were very good ^-^ I'm not familiar with directors, so I'll just say, "any director that makes good movies". Script writers should be Colors' writers, though.

Problem with this is, if you follow the games, when you get to SA2 you should already know who Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and Eggman are, so the game doesn't have to spend time introducing them, and can hurry on to the new character and the plot itself. With a movie, you can't really do that without alienating everyone who isn't already a fan. And if you try to introduce them, it's a lot for people to take in, and I'd expect it'd be hard to fit everything in.

Well I guess I better make S1, S2, S3&K, and SA1 movie then (Well dang, how many ideal movies can I have?)

A completely new story, but told in the cannon of the games. A mix of Sonic Colors humor and seriousness( I don't mind Sonic making a Colours style joke every now and then as it fits his cocky character, but NOT every single cutscene/moment of the movie).

I want it to focus on a few characters, but have as many cameos/smaller roles as possible.

I want it to be animated in the beautiful CG made by SEGA's VE Studios (I think that's what they are called?), and for the Colours and the storybook writers to collaborate, so Sonic (and friends) are spot​ on character (characterization is more important in a movie than a game after all).

If they actually made a movie like this, I would probably disintegrate the disk from re-re-re-re-watching it!

Well, I'd say make a 3-part series (loosely, tightly, whatever) based on the Genesis gaems (First one: BEAT EGGY Second one: BEAT EGGY WITH HIGHER STAKES N DEATH EGG FORESHADOWING Third: BABOOMBA) , with the modern designs fer teh kiddies.

Dey'll be CG.

Dey'll be PG.

Dey'll be made by Marza Animation Planet (formerly known as SEGA VE Animation studios, Unleashed/Werehog dudes).

Dey'll be written by storybook doods (or competent Hollywood doods).

Well, that's all I want. Pretty simple, no?

Edited by A Match in Vinyl Scratch
  • Thumbs Up 1

EXPLOSIONS AND MORE EXPLOSIONS! It MUST be made by micheal bay and steven spielberg!tongue.png

But really a pixar styled design based off of the original games maybe leading into the adventure saga? That or a new original plot. Animation could be similar like the pokemon movies but i prefer pixar night of the werehog style.

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

I think a Theatrical Sonic Movie shouldn't stay to close but neither be to far away from the source material!

I'm not a fan of adapting any games' narratives because I know them already. It's also retreaded ground; if I really want to delve into S3&K's story, or the Adventures' stories, I'll play those specific games...or pick up the comics...or watch Sonic X. If ever a theatrical movie should come about, it should use general themes and craft something more befitting of the medium. That way, it serves as a gateway into the franchise for non-fans if they actually want to delve into the aforementioned narratives, and it prevents actual fans from bitching that their favorite plot suffered from adaptation decay.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not a fan of adapting any games' narratives because I know them already. It's also retreaded ground; if I really want to delve into S3&K's story, or the Adventures' stories, I'll play those specific games...or pick up the comics...or watch Sonic X. If ever a theatrical movie should come about, it should use general themes and craft something more befitting of the medium. That way, it serves as a gateway into the franchise for non-fans if they actually want to delve into the aforementioned narratives, and it prevents actual fans from bitching that their favorite plot suffered from adaptation decay.

Well, it's not like the first Genesis games had much plot.

I was just throwing 'em out there because of how simplistic and easy they would be to expand on. P:

'Sonic's friends are gone - go on epic quest to kick Eggman's ass' Pretty simple stuff.

Edited by A Match in Vinyl Scratch

I'd much rather have an animated series having its first season with an adaptation on the genesis trilogy and going all the way to Generations' story. Prefferably animated like the Unleashed cutscenes, god forbid they do anything live action.

If they do a movie then just make it true to the games. Don't make Sonic a geek that attends a human high school and say that his boost power is an airbending move, while not even showing Tails and making Knuckles a weak, useless douche and have Amy without pink hair. wink.png see what I did there?

Edited by Gartocer
  • Thumbs Up 6

I think the movie should be a trilogy.

1st film: An original storyline that shows how sonic became the hero he is today.

- Also has Eggman, Tails, and Amy in it.

-Has the chaos emeralds but sonic won't go super.

2nd Film: Based off of sonic 3 & knuckles

- introduces Knuckles, The master emerald, Super Sonic, and Metal Sonic.

- Sonic goes super for the first time for the final battle

- Tails, Amy, and Eggman return.

- Metal sonic is killed by Knuckles near the end of the film.

3rd Movie: Based off sonic adventure 2.

- Introduces shadow and rouge

- Shadow dies at the end like he did in the game but this time, he stays dead as this is the last film in the series.

• Thumbs Up 3

Well, it's not like the first Genesis games had much plot.

I was just throwing 'em out there because of how simplistic and easy they would be to expand on. P:

'Sonic's friends are gone - go on epic quest to kick Eggman's ass' Pretty simple stuff.

S1 was bare, but frankly no one would adapt that for a film anyway primarily because the extended cast has been in the limelight for so long. At the very least, you need Tails by your side which knocks that game out of the running. 2, CD, and 3&K is where things pick up, and they do actually have relatively extensive plot. However, I'm not confident that any creative license necessary for adaptation wouldn't be controversial because it's never gone over well anyways, I guess aside from Archie's work? But why risk "ruining x game's plot forever" when you can use the "Eggman's up to no good/Sonic's friends are gone" angle on its own considering it's the basic source of conflict in the franchise? That's certainly what I would do. =/

I don't see what's so wrong about it being in 3d for some. Personally i can see it working both ways. The only weird thing for me is if they make sonic and co. talk. Because canon wise because of generations he doesn't talk.(classic) So it probably not be canon to the series.(of course it wouldn't)

I do see the potential in dio's idea.smile.png

Edited by Hedgehogs Boost

S1 was bare, but frankly no one would adapt that for a film anyway primarily because the extended cast has been in the limelight for so long. At the very least, you need Tails by your side which knocks that game out of the running. 2, CD, and 3&K is where things pick up, and they do actually have relatively extensive plot. However, I'm not confident that any creative license necessary for adaptation wouldn't be controversial because it's never gone over well anyways, I guess aside from Archie's work? But why risk "ruining x game's plot forever" when you can use the "Eggman's up to no good/Sonic's friends are gone" angle on its own considering it's the basic source of conflict in the franchise? That's certainly what I would do. =/

Yo yo yo dawg thass what am trahn ta say

I only mentioned the trilogy 'cuz IMO, it'd be pretty easy to adapt.

It can be an 'original story' for all I care, but it'll always end up as Sonic versus Eggman in some way, shape, or form.

soyeahhighfivedawg

I don't see what's so wrong about it being in 3d for some.

Because 2D is sexier. Personal preference.

I'd agree with Sonic not talking, actually. But that's less to do with the fact that he didn't talk in the games and more that I just find that more interesting.

A CGI action movie (Along the lines of Unleashed's intro), which retells either Sonic 3, Sonic Adventure, or Sonic Adventure 2. Ideally it'd be a while new story, but I'd love to see one of those 3 redone as a film.