Awoo.

DaddlerTheDalek

It'd be really cool to see an anime movie (western cartoons and live action need not apply) that had it's own grand plot that built up into a game taking place directly after. It'd be canon as a game is and nail the storywriting spot-on like the storybook titles. It could be used as a hook to get people interested in Sonic who'd normally avoid him.

A movie to try and redeem 06's plot would be interesting to say the least, although with, erm, everything completely rewritten xD.

Shadow the hedgehog, Sonic the hedgehog 2006, Sonic riders Zero Gravity and Sonic unleashed have the best CG in the series. A movie like the CG scenes from these games would be amazing.

I don't quite like pixarysh NotW though. And pixar-styled humans can go die in fire for all I care. Sarah from Sonic OVA is awesome! ^_^

Assuming it'd be one movie rather than a series, I'd probably base it on S3&K, and add in some bits of 2 and CD. Start off with a heavily (and I mean heavily) abridged Sonic 2, with Sonic and Tails smashing some robots, saving Amy from some 'bots, then heading for the Death Egg (basically trim it down to Emerald Hill, Sky Chase/Wing Fortress, and Death Egg). Make Silver Sonic look a bit more like Metal Sonic, but still bulky, sort of a prototype. Also maybe Sonic goes Super to fight the giant Eggrobo. So Sonic wins, saves the world, Amy fangirls, everyone parties. This is all the prologue, so it should be quick and snappy, just long enough to set up the characters, the world, and the Death Egg. Then starts the meat of the story; S3&K is basically the same, starting with the story from the Japanese manual (though change it so Knuckles knew the emeralds used to be on the island but they were gone long before he was around, so that little plothole doesn't come up) and then hitting on the major locations and story points in-game. At some point we cut back to the mainland and have CD-styled Metal Sonic kidnap Amy; Sky Sanctuary basically becomes a combination of itself and Stardust Speedway 3, with Sonic chasing the Death Egg, fighting Metal Sonic, and rescuing Amy. Death Egg and Doomsday continue as normal.

Im liking your idea, but dont you think a mainstream movie would also need some kind of more relatable conflict to go with all the good guys vs bad guys stuff? It's usually very hard to make a good movie that focuses solely on action, which is what i think that a movie based so closely on the Mega Drive games would be. In order to really work a feature lenght film, i think one would have to take certain liberties with the source material and insert some kind of "relationship" drama (by which i certianly dont mean that it has to concern a romantic relationship. Any conflict between people who are or should be close, such as friends for instance, works just as well).

Expanding on your ideas, im thinking that maybe Knuckles could relatively early become friends with the rest of the good guys, but at some point in the movie Eggman somehow manages to convince Knuckles that his new buddies are really just interested in stealing his emerald, leading to lots of drama.

...or something like that. tongue.png Maybe this particular idea is a bit too much of a cliché (the old "i thought we were friends for real, but you just used me! baaaaaw!!!" has of course already been seen a billion times, especially often in modern animated movies). But still, i think any good action movie also needs some sort of conflict between the good guys themselves, not only between good guys and bad guys.

Edited by batson

I can pretty much guarantee you that I'm going to be the only person posting in this topic who'll say the following, but I want two or three full-blown CGI movies that retcon the plot of the games from Heroes onwards - and for them to be based on the last 26 episodes of Sonic X (of course, sans Chris); a less lighthearted and more typically teen-anime-styled plot coupled with a darker, grittier tone would doubtlessly make for a far superior viewing experience than a hack-job of one of the games' half-assed storylines, and seeing as the original Japanese version of Sonic X's 5th and 6th seasons was absolutely excellent in itself, it makes an obvious candidate for a big-screen adaptation.

That is, so long as the English dubs of the movies are both identical to the originals and with only minor localisation edits made to the script; I think it's fairly safe to say that nobody wants another 4Kids-esque raping and castration of a perfectly decent bit of Japanese Sonic media, especially not after what happened to the original version of Sonic X.

• Thumbs Up 1

The ideal setting for me would be a CGI movie adaptation of Sonic Adventure, which also takes the time to introduce every character properly, possibly with a few flashbacks from the classic era, like the one from that Tails's reminescence cut-scene, or Amy's memories of Metal Sonic.

Then the obligatory sequel would be a Sonic Adventure 2 adaptation, which expands every character like the game does, and introduces the newer ones.

I think the Adventure games really had a strong cinematic feeling to them, which makes them ideal for a dedicated CGI movie, in contrast to other games with simpler plots, such as the classics, that could easily be referenced with flashbacks instead.

I'd like them to retell the Death Egg Saga. The start could be Sonic taunting Eggman in the Final Zone similar to Unleashed's opening. But then Eggman escapes and Sonic chases him, but since Eggsy flies off, Sonic goes to the Tornado, where he meets Tails for the first time. They talk and decide to chase after Eggman together. They fly to him and eventually Sonic jumps off to go after him in the Death Egg. Sonic defeats Silver Sonic and Great Egg Robo. He goes back down to Earth and he and Tails hang (At Tails workshop in the Mystic Ruins?) when suddenly there's news about a mysterious island that suddenly appeared on TV/Radio, so they go and decide to check it out. Thus Sonic 3 and Knuckles begins.

Art would be 2D. Something between CD/OVA and Uekawa's style. Everyone would be voiced by their current game actors.

Edited by MarcelloF

It's usually very hard to make a good movie that focuses solely on action, which is what i think that a movie based so closely on the Mega Drive games would be.
I think there'd be enough inter-character relationships to build that we wouldn't need to add anything that goes against the games. We've got Tails idolizing Sonic, Amy crushing on Sonic, the rivalry between Sonic and Metal, the conflict between Sonic and Knuckles, the hero-villain relationship of Sonic and Eggman, and they could probably build some stuff between Eggman and Knuckles/Metal.

Expanding on your ideas, im thinking that maybe Knuckles could relatively early become friends with the rest of the good guys, but at some point in the movie Eggman somehow manages to convince Knuckles that his new buddies are really just interested in stealing his emerald, leading to lots of drama.
I really don't want to mess with the plot that much. I'm willing to push and pull things around, but I'd still want it to be a mostly-accurate primer for anyone who's not already familiar with the series. I can squeeze Amy in, for example, because her and Metal Sonic are really the only things from CD that are still relevant, and it's really not important to know where, specifically, Sonic saved Amy from Metal. But having the characters already know Knuckles breaks too much; it can't work with the idea of a legendary island with a mysterious guardian.

But still, i think any good action movie also needs some sort of conflict between the good guys themselves, not only between good guys and bad guys.
Knuckles is a good guy, he's just been tricked. He'd be sympathetic but stubbornly wrong, until Sonic finally beats some sense into him and he realized how much Eggman has wrecked his island.

EXPLOSIONS AND MORE EXPLOSIONS! It MUST be made by Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg!tongue.png

But really a pixar styled design based off of the original games maybe leading into the adventure saga? That or a new original plot. Animation could be similar like the pokemon movies but i prefer pixar night of the werehog style.

YES. Sonic 06 might actually make an interesting movie, with all the time-traveling and whatnot. I'm thinking two trilogies, one being based on the original games (One for Adventure 1, 2 and Unleashed, another for Sonic 2 through Knuckles.) SA1/2/3 (Unleashed would be called "Sonic World Adventure") would be the "original trilogy," with the death egg saga being a trilogy to explain super sonic and about other characters (ala the Star Wars saga.) Plus, they could (hopefully,) do another thing the Star Wars trilogy wanted to do, with another trilogy that would take place after the third one. This could be based off Colors, Generations, and maybe some other games, or a spinoff, such as one based of the storybook series, one or detailing the future staring Blaze and Silver. I'd prefer it was done in CGI, maybe with live action scenery and characters (for certain places such on earth, particularly in Sonic 06.) Another interesting thing was if they made a trilogy or two, then made some backstories ala the X-men series, for instance, a movie or two based on the death egg arc, one about his world adventures, and maybe one about some stuff from other games (like Heroes or 06.) Then a movie or two detailing the backgrounds for characters (e.g. Sonic 1 adaption for Sonic, ShTH adaption for Shadow, possibly a Rush adaption for Blaze, ect.) Honestly, if they made any sort of CGI/Live action movie that would be awesome (maybe something Transformers style, since they came from mobius cybertron.)

No Genesis movie adaptations, please focus on the current modern cannon. Which In my opinion is better for story telling potential.

Shadow should be one of the main characters and plot relevant characters of course.

Sonic, Tails and Knuckles are the heroes of the story and their plot is basically stopping evil while discovering some new threat. Eggman discovers a new plan to take over the earth with some new twist and Sonic and his friends are going to main action of course to stop iy/

Shadow is mostly plot focused focusing on the detailed stuff while kicking ass and being a badass.

Amy pops up in one time in the movie, possibly joins the triple threat for the duration of the movie. Same with Rouge and Omega

New character perhaps, the hero thats a main part of the plot of this move

And a new villain that either Eggman controls or is sidelined to.

Hopefully a Sonic vs. Shadow battle in order to settle usually conflicts against thier stances of saving the world or stopping a foe

New character vs. Sonic out of misunderstanding.

Sonic and Shadow and the New guy team up to stop the new bad guy.

Happy Ending and Credits.

Edited by Chaos Nightmare Moon

Unleashed would make a pretty damn good movie.

DAT OPENING CINEMATIC!!!!

DAT DARK GAIA PRE-FINAL BOSS CINEMATIC!!!!

DAT CLOSING CINETMATIC!!!!

Heck, other than abridging the levels, there isn't much you'd need to do to turn Unleashed into a film. Yeah, the in-game cutscenes have lower res textures and lower poly models, but the animations and lip-syncing are CGI quality, they'd need to give them a lick of paint at most (Higher res textures and more polygons) and leave the bulk of them as is. Naturally replace the dialogue and actors for better ones.

Other than that, I really want Heroes and Shadow retconned, and rearranged into a better story. Less of a focus on "Shadow = anime stereotype" and more interesting development on what exactly happened after SA2, and better use of Shadow's lack of memory. Naturally you'd want to make more of the Shadow Android angle and him questioning if he is actually the real deal, or just some pile of metal. FUCK BLACK DOOM! Get rid of that piece of shit from the Sonic canon. He is the single worst character ever to witnessed in a Sonic game. Even worst than Big the twat cat.

That and stop God-modding Shadow, he really isn't anything special, make it absolutely clear that "Ultimate Life-form means that he doesn't age, not that he cannot be killed/defeated. Shadow can indeed be killed and has been defeated, just like any other character. He just can't die as a result of ageing.

EDIT: Also make more of OMEGA's character. Instead of just Omega being pissed at Eggman for locking him in a room, give him something more substantial to being angry about. A good starting point would be Eggman declaring Omega a failed prototype, which was going to be recycled/turned into scrap metal. Have Rouge intervene in his destruction when she attempts to steal "Eggmans secret treasure". This would then cause Omega's allegiance to shift towards Rouge, and ultimately Shadow.

Edited by Scar

When have the games noted that Shadow cannot die from anything other than aging?

The games haven't explained "ultimate life-form" at all. It however, is mistakenly believed (by fanboys/girls) that this means that he is immortal, and therefore unkillable/undefeatable. This issue needs to be addressed, because it simply is not true.

Edited by Scar

If Sega hasn't explained it, that means your assumption is no credible than theirs.

But regardless, who cares what fanbrats think? A movie should set about to do more than waste its precious time trying to debunk a completely irrelevant ideal of some friggin' ten year olds because older fans feel oh-so offended that they even think that way. After all, the chances of us getting a theatrical movie are slim to none, let alone two or more, which is partly why I feel it should be wholly original in the first place instead of trying to take on Sega's responsibility of sorting game canon out. :|

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd love a 3D movie with plot written by SatSR/SatBK scriptwriters. These games had IMO the best plots out of the newer games.

But I'd be satisfied with anything that fits the games canon and isn't as terrible as Sonic06.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic crashes with a Space Shuttle on Earth as an Alien, during the advocate of World War 3 in the Year 2991. Technology has become so advanced and powerful that everyone is fighting the battle through their Computer. Sonic through his unique livestyle that is truly different from everyone else now that are fighting the World War 3, tries to convert and adapt those to his, almost oldfashioned, lively Lifestyle, and so to stop the Network-Based World War 3.

Sonic was born 1991.

Sonic stops World War 3 a thousand Years later, 2991.

Edited by ChikaBoing

The games haven't explained "ultimate life-form" at all. It however, is mistakenly believed (by fanboys/girls) that this means that he is immortal, and therefore unkillable/undefeatable. This issue needs to be addressed, because it simply is not true.

There ARE a number of sources that claim that he was made to be Ageless AND Immortal. But here's a few things to recognize:

• Being immortal doesn't mean undefeatable. Shadow lived 200 years after Iblis ravaged the world, and while he didn't die he was capable of being sealed so that he is no longer active despite being alive.
  • We don't know to what extent of him is immortal. Shadow survived a fall from space towards the earth's surface, but Sonic and a number of characters have done so as well a number of times. For all we know, his immortality may have limits
  • Being unkillable could be a disadvantage as much as it would an advantage. Nothing would suck more than to have your arms, legs, or your whole head removed from your body while still living on.

If you want to keep Shadow from becoming a god-mod, there should be restrictions on his powers. Unless he actually becomes a god as part of the plot (and even then, you still need good writing), he should be limited to teleportation, slowing down time, and energy attacks. No telekinesis, no reality warping, no gravity manipulation, no nothing that falls outside the range of those three general abilities. Anymore, and he runs that very risk. To be even more fair, have some characters be capable of using energy attacks themselves, or make some things immune to his Chaos Powers, like how Eggman was capable of outright sapping the energy from Super Sonic of all characters.

I find it incredibly sad that some fans actually want him to be such a god mode of a character.

they could probably build some stuff between Eggman and Knuckles

Hey yeah, that's a good idea! Maybe the movie could put some extra emphasis on that Knuckles, who has been pretty much alone his whole life, at first really believes that Eggman is a friend, and then show just how emotionally devastating Eggmans betrayal against him is. That sounds like enough crowd-pleasing interpersonal drama, and yet it doesnt stray that far away from the source material (if at all. After all, it's not like we ever really got to see how chummy Knux and Eggy got before the big backstab, nor how Knux felt about it).

I'd love an Archie Sonic movie.

It could be a chance for the Archie Sonic characters to get some more respect and acceptance from the fanbase.

I find it incredibly sad that some fans actually want him to be such a god mode of a character.
A lot of kids these days, raised on cheap anime and video games, don't realize that the quality of a story doesn't come from the power levels of the characters. They think the more powerful a character, the more badass the character, the better the story. Considering this, and that Shadow is basically hedgehog Vegeta, it's not surprising that they want him to be more powerful.

Considering this, and that Shadow is basically hedgehog Vegeta, it's not surprising that they want him to be more powerful.

I'ts ironic though that while Shadow is arguably more powerfull than Sonic, Vegeta is (during most of the Dragon Ball saga) a lot weaker than Goku.

Edited by batson

A lot of kids these days, raised on cheap anime and video games, don't realize that the quality of a story doesn't come from the power levels of the characters. They think the more powerful a character, the more badass the character, the better the story. Considering this, and that Shadow is basically hedgehog Vegeta, it's not surprising that they want him to be more powerful.

Yeah, but that's pretty obvious.

I can understand kids, but I question moreso the teenagers over the age of 14 regarding this, and at it's worst young adults who believe this. You'd think that they'd put a lot more thought to this kind of things. But then again, that's practically the age you'd expect such immature thinking, however ageist that sounds. laugh.png

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Unleashed would make a pretty damn good movie.

DAT OPENING CINEMATIC!!!!

DAT DARK GAIA PRE-FINAL BOSS CINEMATIC!!!!

DAT CLOSING CINETMATIC!!!!

Heck, other than abridging the levels, there isn't much you'd need to do to turn Unleashed into a film. Yeah, the in-game cutscenes have lower res textures and lower poly models, but the animations and lip-syncing are CGI quality, they'd need to give them a lick of paint at most (Higher res textures and more polygons) and leave the bulk of them as is. Naturally replace the dialogue and actors for better ones.

Other than that, I really want Heroes and Shadow retconned, and rearranged into a better story. Less of a focus on "Shadow = anime stereotype" and more interesting development on what exactly happened after SA2, and better use of Shadow's lack of memory. Naturally you'd want to make more of the Shadow Android angle and him questioning if he is actually the real deal, or just some pile of metal. FUCK BLACK DOOM! Get rid of that piece of shit from the Sonic canon. He is the single worst character ever to witnessed in a Sonic game. Even worst than Big the twat cat.

That and stop God-modding Shadow, he really isn't anything special, make it absolutely clear that "Ultimate Life-form means that he doesn't age, not that he cannot be killed/defeated. Shadow can indeed be killed and has been defeated, just like any other character. He just can't die as a result of ageing.

EDIT: Also make more of OMEGA's character. Instead of just Omega being pissed at Eggman for locking him in a room, give him something more substantial to being angry about. A good starting point would be Eggman declaring Omega a failed prototype, which was going to be recycled/turned into scrap metal. Have Rouge intervene in his destruction when she attempts to steal "Eggmans secret treasure". This would then cause Omega's allegiance to shift towards Rouge, and ultimately Shadow.

There ARE a number of sources that claim that he was made to be Ageless AND Immortal. But here's a few things to recognize:

• Being immortal doesn't mean undefeatable. Shadow lived 200 years after Iblis ravaged the world, and while he didn't die he was capable of being sealed so that he is no longer active despite being alive.
  • We don't know to what extent of him is immortal. Shadow survived a fall from space towards the earth's surface, but Sonic and a number of characters have done so as well a number of times. For all we know, his immortality may have limits
  • Being unkillable could be a disadvantage as much as it would an advantage. Nothing would suck more than to have your arms, legs, or your whole head removed from your body while still living on.

If you want to keep Shadow from becoming a god-mod, there should be restrictions on his powers. Unless he actually becomes a god as part of the plot (and even then, you still need good writing), he should be limited to teleportation, slowing down time, and energy attacks. No telekinesis, no reality warping, no gravity manipulation, no nothing that falls outside the range of those three general abilities. Anymore, and he runs that very risk. To be even more fair, have some characters be capable of using energy attacks themselves, or make some things immune to his Chaos Powers, like how Eggman was capable of outright sapping the energy from Super Sonic of all characters.

Why the hell do you guys want Shadow to be fair in power scaling, he's not Sasuke or Vegeta. He's much more badass. He's more like the Kenpachi, Jack Rakan, Vergil etc etc of the series. His appeal and existance is based on being the overpowered ass kicker that only the main character can rival. Shadow being both you guys discription is more like Knuckles than anything. Thats the reason he has limiters, he hold back his true power because he's to strong.

Lastly, Shadow is made to equal Sonic or best him thats his thing, Shadow would be nothing without those traits or even as popular.

Shadow should fight at least a superpowered being just as strong as he is then he would have fair fight and not be as fouled as perfect(it makes his victory even more sweeter, but theres no reason to lower his power to the other cast like Knuckles or Omega, he's the Ultimate lifeform and he beats Sonic level characters for sport.

Unless you guys want Amy going toe to toe with him.

If anyone can beat Shadow, then he loses his appeal, he's meant to be the rule of cool/badass type. Anything else is heresy.