Awoo.

DaddlerTheDalek

If anyone can beat Shadow, then he loses his appeal,
If no longer being strong means he loses all appeal, he never really had any appeal to begin with.
  • Thumbs Up 6

Why the hell do you guys want Shadow to be fair in power scaling, he's not Sasuke or Vegeta. He's much more badass. He's more like the Kenpachi, Jack Rakan, Vergil etc etc of the series. His appeal and existance is based on being the overpowered ass kicker that only the main character can rival. Shadow being both you guys discription is more like Knuckles than anything. Thats the reason he has limiters, he hold back his true power because he's to strong.

Lastly, Shadow is made to equal Sonic or best him thats his thing, Shadow would be nothing without those traits or even as popular.

Shadow should fight at least a superpowered being just as strong as he is then he would have fair fight and not be as fouled as perfect(it makes his victory even more sweeter, but theres no reason to lower his power to the other cast like Knuckles or Omega, he's the Ultimate lifeform and he beats Sonic level characters for sport.

Unless you guys want Amy going toe to toe with him.

If anyone can beat Shadow, then he loses his appeal, he's meant to be the rule of cool/badass type. Anything else is heresy.

Please show me some evidence that points to Shadow being a badass ass-kicker who beats Sonic-level characters for sport?

That has never been the case, and never should be the case. I am struggling to see where you managed to estimate that Shadow was some uber character with so much power that no-one can contest him. When did this happen?

Like I said, Shadow has never been anything you described him as being. Ever. Nor should he be. I thought his appeal came from the fact that he actually had a properly written (Until Black Doom came and fucked it up) backstory, with a tragic and/or emotionally scarring experience in his past fuelling a vengeful determination to destroy the world for ruining his and his creator (father-figure)'s life.

I thought he was interesting because he had a character, not because he was a mass of power in the shape of a hedgehog! The last part never even happened!

• Thumbs Up 1

Why the hell do you guys want Shadow to be fair in power scaling, he's not Sasuke or Vegeta. He's much more badass. He's more like the Kenpachi, Jack Rakan, Vergil etc etc of the series. His appeal and existance is based on being the overpowered ass kicker that only the main character can rival. Shadow being both you guys discription is more like Knuckles than anything. Thats the reason he has limiters, he hold back his true power because he's to strong.

Lastly, Shadow is made to equal Sonic or best him thats his thing, Shadow would be nothing without those traits or even as popular.

Shadow should fight at least a superpowered being just as strong as he is then he would have fair fight and not be as fouled as perfect(it makes his victory even more sweeter, but theres no reason to lower his power to the other cast like Knuckles or Omega, he's the Ultimate lifeform and he beats Sonic level characters for sport.

If anyone can beat Shadow, then he loses his appeal, he's meant to be the rule of cool/badass type. Anything else is heresy.

Looks like someone has been watching too many fanvideos and Sonic X.

What they're saying is, they're tired of his fanboys/fangirls putting him on such a high goddamn pedastal. I get it, he's badass, but that doesn't mean he should eclipse everyone else, that shit pisses me off. Being the rival to the main character doesn't automatically mean he should just get second billing, because if that's the case Eggman should take that spot considering he's been there since day 1.

What made Shadow interesting wasn't the fact that he was badass, it was the fact that he had a developed backstory, and more depth than any Sonic character to date, none of that ties into his badassery, unless you're under the age of 12, you should know this.

And Sega have been overplaying his "badassery" to ludicrous degrees; giving him guns, having him swear like a truck driver, giving him far more power than he really needs, and far more spotlight than he truly deserves. I understand he's the ultimate life form, therefore he should be powerful, but that doesn't mean he should be some kind of demigod.

If they truly do make a Shadow movie, I'd want more focus on the dynamics of Team Dark to be honest, because Shadow as a character has pretty much reached a dead end, the only real thing you can focus on are his relationships with the other characters, and how he deals with them.

And before you say anything, we don't hate Shadow, but we're tired of him being treated like a god among this fanbase, I understand little pre-teen kids gravitate to his stereotype, but god, I'm so sick of his fanboys.

Edited by Shadic93
  • Thumbs Up 4

If anyone can beat Shadow, then he loses his appeal, he's meant to be the rule of cool/badass type.

Oh goddammit. Shut the hell up...

You couldn't be any less fanboyish with all that crap.

I'd say more, but everyone else already has it covered.

Anything else is heresy.

I take that back. This is a whole different level of fanboyism than what I said.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Oh goddammit. Shut the hell up...

You couldn't be any less fanboyish with all that crap.

I'd say more, but everyone else already has it covered.

Aww, but I wanted to see a rant :(

• Thumbs Up 1

Aww, but I wanted to see a rant sad.png

Not this time. A rant from me is pointless in this case.

Yeah, tell that to Silver and Sonic, who are both capable of beating him. He is basically unbeatable though, aside from Silver and Sonic, as one can freaking move things with his mind, the other is faster, and they can both use chaos control. Even though he beats down on powerful monsters (including a super-dimensional being and his "father's" super form,) he himself had a super form, and Sonic and Silver can do just as well with their own super forms. On top of that, even if he can, he's an anti-hero, not a villain. While he often does things for personal gain and does come into conflict with Sonic and Co, he is willing to work with them, and usually just threatens to hurt them if they impede his goals. Just because he is a badass who could easily beat them (he said himself that while he can't outrun Sonic, he could outfight him,) doesn't mean he will. The fact that he has a moral compass along with the rest of his character is why people like him so much (though I admit, his ultimate power is fun to use.) Either that, people are just shadow fanboys who'll like him regardless of character or lack thereof. :P

Frankly, if a character's badassery "appeal" is so reliant on whether or not they're actually fallible, then one could make a case that they were never really all that badass to begin with. I'd sooner respect a Badass Normal who tries their very best to the end than I would a godlike character who doesn't actually do anything useful with their powers.

In other, more on-topic news, I wouldn't mind a full-length film styled along the lines of Sonic: Night of the Werehog.

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks like you're in luck, Shadic. Here's my rant.

So that goes to also applies to Sonic to. By your logic.

• Thumbs Up 3

After seeing all of this, if Shadow where to appear in a cinematic Sonic movie, or another game for that matter, his ego would make for a good plot point. Listening to the Shadow fanboyism is like listening to Shadow's autobiography. As far as he's concerned, he's the most important and Sonic is in the supporting role if they happen to share a goal.

Oh yeah, did i mention he can't go as fast as Sonic, sans Chaos Control, without hover rollerscates? xP

Looks like you're in luck, Shadic. Here's my rant.

If Sonic was currently capable of teleporting without an emerald.

Or using energy blast.

Or stopping/slowing time on his own energy.

Then yes, it would apply to him.

Sonic teleported using a fake emerald, he used a copy to use it on the first try.

It's called Sonic Boost or Accel. He already manipulate the wind around him.

Again Sonic can do that as Super Sonic.

And none of that is good for ANY character unless that "Dial up to Eleven" can be beaten. It doesn't have to be easy to beat him, but he shouldn't be an invincible unstoppable character that no one can actually beat.

Actually Shadow is that character because he has yet been defeated by anyone other than Sonic. Thats all there is to it.

Funny, because he was also beaten BY Sonic, and completely failed to to seal that god of Darkness the second time it was released. Not to mention he had help in defeating the aliens, and had to help everyone else defeat Metal Sonic's Metal Overlord form because he copied all their data and was suppose to be nigh-unstoppable even if the Emeralds were used against him.
Sonic beats him, but Shadow beat him to. Like I said there equals. Mephiles got free because of a time anomoly which wasn't Shadow's fault. Shadow defeated the aleins alone, the buddy team ups were mostly gameplay mechanics even then you can choose to go through levels alone with out them.

And finally I'm talking about the metal sonic in rivals that Shadow defeated alone along with the original metal sonic.

Try again, son.

How many people actually use Archie outside of the Archie topic for anything?

If you want to play this game, he absolutely failed to stop the Demi-God Enerjak/Knuckles. Guess who had to beat him? Sonic!

Soonic didnt beat Enerjak, Locke did. Sonic just stalled him.

Actually, no one has yet to actually fight him other than Sonic, Eggman, and Silver. He hasn't fought any other recurring character besides them.

Thats because no charater besides Sonic and Eggman can beat him, simple. Silver didn't beat him either.

That made absolutely no sense, it comes damn near close to insane troll logic.

This is what Sonic wikia and Iizuka's interview about Shadow the Hedgehog game says.

This is from Sonic Retro.

You know, even when I had my fanboy moments 5 years ago, I never said anything close to this junk on Shadow...
Thats because you don't know a damn thing about him, you've gotten rusty. Edited by Chaos Nightmare Moon

Yes, actually. Sonic is an interesting character even when he isn't going Super Sayan and beating up gods.

Shadow isn't an interesting character even when he is.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yes, actually. Sonic is an interesting character even when he isn't going Super Sayan and beating up gods.

Shadow isn't an interesting character even when he is.

Spite troll huh?

Try harder.

Why should I waste my time trying to debate this with you when you're proud of having a child's understanding of characterization? I'd have to grab you by the neck and drag you through every level of fiction I know of, all the way from the crappy DBZ ripoffs where you are now, up to genuinely high-quality works. I have neither the means nor the motivation to lift you out of the pit you're determined to reside in.

• Thumbs Up 5

Time to rip and tear

In what way?

Except, you know, Sonic isn't perfect. In Unleashed (the opening cinematic) he was in fact defeated by Robotnik, who used a machine to suck the Chaos Energy out of Super Sonic. Speaking of which, there is no reason, that such a machine wouldn't work on Shadow. In fact, it would render Shadow complete useless should it suck out all his Chaos Energy.

But Shadow has that role, he's the Dial up to Eleven character.

When did this happen? Please show me an example of this happening...

Sonix X is one of many instances. And that was one of many. In the games, he's defeated Sonic, a race of aliens and the over lord, a god of Darkness, and a stronger version of Metal Sonic(Sonic Rivals).

In archie he defeats Metal Sonic Troopers with chaos control without a gem and the fact he can harness chaos energy from a demension.

He's was always meant to be over the top powerful since that is why no one has yet defeated him except Sonic.

...This isn't canon. This stuff may as well be a fucking fan-fic for all intents and purposes! Provide me with an example from the games!

Also, Shadow has never been able to stop time by himself. The one time he did it, he needed a Chaos Emerald (Chaos Control). Sonic and Silver are both able to induce Chaos Control, so they too can probably stop time.

And Shadow story is second to that, the whole Shadow is a deep written character comes from all the fangirls trying bishify him into some tragic complex emo. He's badassness is always been at the front of his core. Iizuka wanted Shadow to be Sonic's opposite. The main aspect that Shadow presents is supposed to be a better Sonic than Sonic. a Stronger version with less morals and a more ruthless personality. Thats his appeal, this is a franchise for children and because Shadow is a force to be rekoned with, he's shown as the most powerful if not the most powerful character of the cast.

No you fool. In SA2, Shadow was a well-written character, with a good backstory. In SA2 (Shadow's official introduction), Shadow was nowhere near being this "Turn up to 11" character you speak of. He was more or less the same as Sonic, except he could use Chaos Control.....which Sonic could also do later on in the very same game....with a fake emerald. Look here, Shadow is not some powerhouse. He's an above average fighter, on a par with Sonic.

Look everyone looks goofy and kid friendly, Shadow isn't that is why mostly he gets most of the cool moments. Shadow is the breako9ut character and the edgy anti hero.

Yeah and? Edgy anti-hero, doesn't mean he has to be reduced to a singluarity of pure power. He's more ruthless, I'll give you that, but he's not the undefeatable, overlord powerhouse. He's Sonic, except more morally ambiguous and angrier/sarcastic.That is it.

You don't see Sonic kill a bunch of aliens or laugh maniacally at his fallen enemies, thats why Shadow exists. He's the response to the kid friendly Sonic and the popular badass who takes down enemies and looks like a badass doing it.

Yeah, that's because Sonic isn't a fucking idiot is he. Nor is Shadow. The only time Shadow ever laughs manaically at his fallen foes, is in 2 or 3 endings in Shadow the Hedgehog (the game). In these endings, he believes himself to be Shadow Android (if I'm not wrong) and are not canon.

Reason why Kenpachi shows up the main character Ichigo because he's a super badass who makes the coolest things happen when he gets the spotlight, his entire character is always going to be a cool and awesome badass slayer with overpowered reitsu and sword fighting.

The fuck does this have to do with Sonic and Shadow?

Shadow=/=Kenpachi

Stop comparing the two. If you really feel the need to compare them, go and write a fanfic.

This type a character can have no equals besides the main protagonist, and even if there is a powerful character just a badass as Shadow, the games or other canon won't allow Shadow to enguage in the fight because it would make him look bad unless the plot alows him to beat him in a badass yet struggling manner.

So?

I reckon I'd put Knuckles and possibly Silver in the same league as Shadow. Possibly Blaze as well. Most of the time he won't need him to fight these characters, but if he does, Shadow could either win or lose. It depends on the situation.

Silver not a chance in hell. Shadow is known to hold back, therefore it wouldn't be a fair fight. Shadow also has chaos control. Which is why Silver won't beat him at full strength. Silver is also known to be inexperienced, his naivety and ignorance will make Silver underestimate Shadow or screw up in a battle due to his hard head and recklessness. Shadow is a cold caculating solider eqse killing machine. Shadow can easily control the fight in his favor by simple cunning and knowledgeable weaknesses in Silvers attacks.

This why Silver lost to Shadow, Silver had the inexperience, the patience of a fly, and had no control over the fight.

And Shadow wasn't even trying, he was holding back is power. And sprung the chaos control when Silver charged at him.

Sonic can because he's the main protagonist. But even Sonic can't afford to take it easy on Shadow, they are equals.

Sonic is a quick learner and adapter, he sees his opponent as fun and exciting. Shadow gets his adrenaline pumped to react to Shadow.

Shadow has a dead set intent of putting down Sonic due to his super speed and stamina.

In the end both of them are equal to each other.

It takes both of all their power to defeat each other. Can't say the same for Silver. Who Shadow didn't intent to fight seriously and wanted to reason with the young white hedgehog.

What? Silver would lose, because Shadow is known to hold back? No. In a fair fight with no Chaos Emeralds, I reckon they'd be pretty even. Again, the winner would be determined by circumstance. If Shadow needed to win, he'd win. If Shadow needs to lose, he'd lose.

....Shit...looks like we're miles off-topic....

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh Yes... dry.png

Shadow is just a little bit stronger than Sonic, but a little bit slower too!

PLEASE! GET BACK TO TOPIC!

Edited by DaddlerTheDalek

I concur. Time to move back to the topic. :)

I want your Ideas for a Theatrical Sonic The Hedgehog Movie!

What you would like to see? 2D or 3D or even Live Action? What bad guys? Which character developments? Which director? Which composer? Which movie studio? Even Based on AOSTH or SatAM?

As an example: I would love to see a Big Budget CGI Sonic Trilogy in 3D. cool.png

Tell me your Vison!biggrin.png

• Thumbs Up 2

I just believe Sonic and Shadow are equel in every way except Shadow has altered DNA because of the Black Arms.

This Also means that Sonic is the ONE TRUE REAL Ulimate Lifeform.

Sonic can use Shadows chaos attacks, he just doesnt like to.

I'm not too sure I'd like a full-on Sonic movie, but now that SEGA is getting serious with the Sonic franchise and giving it the respect it deserves, I think some short films would be nice. What if, maybe once or twice a year, SEGA released a short Sonic CGI cartoon (like Night Of The Werehog) that was about half an hour long, told the story of an older Sonic game and had the modern scriptwriters/voice actors?

It'd be a nice way to revisit games that are integral to the overall canon but haven't had a chance to see any sort of expansion or dialog. A 30 minute retelling of Sonic 1, or of the first time Sonic met Tails, would be more than amazing to me.

I know we're supposed to be getting back on topic, but I wanted to respond one last time, to the stupidity.

Look everyone looks goofy and kid friendly, Shadow isn't that is why mostly he gets most of the cool moments. Shadow is the breako9ut character and the edgy anti hero.
He's Sonic with Black and Red instead of Blue, how does he NOT look kid friendly?

You don't see Sonic kill a bunch of aliens or laugh maniacally at his fallen enemies, thats why Shadow exists. He's the response to the kid friendly Sonic and the popular badass who takes down enemies and looks like a badass doing it.
Two things:

1. When the fuck has Shadow ever laughed like a mad man, why are you making shit up?

2. You act like Sonic hasn't done anything remotely cool in this series, when in face, his track record for badassery is far greater than Shadow's.

Reason why Kenpachi shows up the main character Ichigo because he's a super badass who makes the coolest things happen when he gets the spotlight, his entire character is always going to be a cool and awesome badass slayer with overpowered reitsu and sword fighting

What the fuck does Kenpachi have to do with anything?

Kenpachi is a battle crazed warrior who's only real concern is a good fight and nothing else.

Shadow is an individual who's life took a tragic turn and has such, left him cynical and jaded to the rest of the world but he does his best to carry on with his life with the memory of his loved ones in his heart.

What about them are alike? Shadow never fights because he loves it, for Shadow its just a means to an end and nothing else.

This type a character can have no equals besides the main protagonist, and even if there is a powerful character just a badass as Shadow, the games or other canon won't allow Shadow to enguage in the fight because it would make him look bad unless the plot alows him to beat him in a badass yet struggling manner.

Characters who win all of the time, are boring. And if that type of character does exist, you can guarantee they won't be seen often; Notice how Kenpachi only has two major fights in his series.

A character that has to think his way and actually struggle to win over is, and will forever be more appealing, the types of characters you're talking about are from crappy DBZ clones where the character with the higher power level is better, its bullshit.

I just believe Sonic and Shadow are equel in every way except Shadow has altered DNA because of the Black Arms.

This Also means that Sonic is the ONE TRUE REAL Ulimate Lifeform.

Sonic can use Shadows chaos attacks, he just doesnt like to.

The only chaos power Sonic has is Chaos Control, and like you said he chooses not to use them. I'm pretty sure he can't shoot energy waves like Shadow can.

And I'm going to argue who the real Ultimate Life Form is, but its a title Shadow chooses to call himself to express his arrogance and his purpose, he was designed to be the Ultimate Life Form, a being who can never die by disease and live forever.

Hold on, Diz. Let me get one last quick say in, and then I'm done.

Actually Shadow is that character because he has yet been defeated by anyone other than Sonic. Thats all there is to it.