Awoo.

DaddlerTheDalek

Wow, y'all really don't give a fuck about what Diz said. :|

Here's my ideal film: It's the main four against Eggman who is once again targeting a prime location to establish Eggmanland. Further conflict is added with pack politics: Initially caught off guard by a large-scale attack, Sonic is apprehensive about letting Amy join in which naturally ignites her competitive streak. The blunders involved with her unnoticed tagging-along cause Knuckles to undermine Sonic's leadership, and Tails is unfortunately stuck as the neutral mediator of it all. The turning point hits when the hopeful final infiltration goes horrifically wrong and the group are separated as a result, and Sonic is forced to confront his fallibility to rejoin his teammates and rekindle their camaraderie. In the background, Eggman's superiority complex gets some nice development through conversations with ace-in-the-hole Metal Sonic who communicates silently.

shut up.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

My ideal cinematic, or at least a good story for a game would be.

Eggman comes up with one of his best plans yet, as he launches his plans he introduces a rebuilt Metal Sonic, but he's different from before; Eggman designed him with Sonic's personality and attitude, but obviously still loyal to him and only him. Sonic engages Metal in a one on one thinking its going to be the same deal as last time, but to Sonic's shock he finds he can't touch Metal, at all, no matter how hard Sonic tries he's helpless against the metallic doppelganger, naturally this angers him, and he let's Metal's taunts(Which are similar to his own) get to him causing him to make errors in their fight; as the fight continues, Sonic begins to doubt his ability to win as he's getting trounced by Metal, and when it looks like Sonic is finished, Metal leaves him to live his humiliation. As his friends help him recover from his crushing defeat, Sonic finds out a startling discovery: He's afraid of Metal Sonic, and his capabilities, and feels his speed won't be enough. Along with his pals; Tails, Knuckles and Amy, Sonic will have to overcome his fear and take down Eggman before he and Metal take over.

U Mad, dawg? laugh.png

Just playin.

It wasn't canon, but you'd still have to give it some weight if Shadow were to have officially taken that path.

any rate...Sonic movie? Eh.

From scratch or what?

I'd probably do a retelling of Sonic 1-3&K, but it's a little hard to picture an ideal cinematic movie when we have the games that can add to the cinematic experience.

I just believe Sonic and Shadow are equel in every way except Shadow has altered DNA because of the Black Arms.

This Also means that Sonic is the ONE TRUE REAL Ulimate Lifeform.

Sonic can use Shadows chaos attacks, he just doesnt like to.

One reply real quick since I didn't say much then I'm done. I know that in the Japanese version of SA2 if you fight the Finalhazard for more than four minutes he says this to Sonic: "Sonic, I think I know what the "Ultimate Life Form" is! I think it's... you!" Just putting that out there.

Anyways, I think that Sonic Unleashed has the potential to be an awesome movie. After all, the cutscenes were amazing (particularly the first one, and the last few during the final boss fight,) the character development would be interesting, with him having to deal with the werehog and whatnot, and plus, werewolves are clearly in right now, so they should at least get teenage girls and sonic nerds/fanboys to come see it. :P

Something light on the story and heavy on the spectacular.

Like fantasia, only more kickass.

Why should I waste my time trying to debate this with you when you're proud of having a child's understanding of characterization? I'd have to grab you by the neck and drag you through every level of fiction I know of, all the way from the crappy DBZ ripoffs where you are now, up to genuinely high-quality works. I have neither the means nor the motivation to lift you out of the pit you're determined to reside in.

^Dude. Drop it.

You're not going to convince us and we're not going to convince you. Let's not get off-topic again...

Anyways, like most have said here, something akin to NotW or maybe around Sonic Riders anime intro would be my ideal movie animation-wise.

I wouldn't really want them to make a movie per-say, especially if it's going to be theatrical. But maybe like a video/DVD release like what DC has done. As for narrative, I don't care if it's an adaptation or original, just as long as it's well-written, makes me laugh, good action scenes, etc.

Edited by DarkLightDragon

Trollol. laugh.png Don't feed the troll!

I think Sonic Riders animation had too low FPS. And I'm not sure if it would work as an entire movie. It's not that it's bad, it just doesn't seem so... commercial. It's a bit too stylized IMO. BUt I'm sure it would be great in a shorter movie.

I'm not too sure I'd like a full-on Sonic movie, but now that SEGA is getting serious with the Sonic franchise and giving it the respect it deserves, I think some short films would be nice. What if, maybe once or twice a year, SEGA released a short Sonic CGI cartoon (like Night Of The Werehog) that was about half an hour long, told the story of an older Sonic game and had the modern scriptwriters/voice actors?

Edited by MarcelloF

Honestly, Nightmare Moon, what is the deal with you and your extreme Shadow-idolizing? I dont mean that there is anything wrong with your choice of character to idolize, i just dont think its normal to be that idolizing towards any fictional character.

Mind if i ask how old you are?

Honestly, Nightmare Moon, what is the deal with you and your extreme Shadow-idolizing? I dont mean that there is anything wrong with your choice of character to idolize, i just dont think its normal to be that idolizing towards any fictional character.

Mind if i ask how old you are?

Batson. Dude, don't bother.

The guy is that very Shadow fanboy who keeps comming back every time he gets banned, and I know that because of the tidbits of detail that he says are the very same things he's said once before such as Shadow being capable of matter manipulation when he knows damn well he isn't, or the most obvious giveaway of his "He said to Solaris this would be a fair fight".

The guy is just in his little hole that he doesn't want to come out of, so leave him be and let him have his fantasies. Not really worth it when that person isnt even going to listen, however fun it may be.

Can't we have both?

I'm guessing people haven't gotten Colors bad jokes out of their heads yet, so people are skeptical?

Of course, having both wouldn't be a bad idea. If there's anything that was good in the Storybooks, it was...well, the story. And this is especially during the time when plot quality suffered a major dip.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

I just believe Sonic and Shadow are equel in every way except Shadow has altered DNA because of the Black Arms.

This Also means that Sonic is the ONE TRUE REAL Ulimate Lifeform.

Sonic can use Shadows chaos attacks, he just doesnt like to.

I'm guessing people haven't gotten Colors bad jokes out of their heads yet, so people are skeptical?

Of course, having both wouldn't be a bad idea. If there's anything that was good in the Storybooks, it was...well, the story. And this is especially during the time when plot quality suffered a major dip.

Secret Rings came out after 06, so it was the point where Sonic was crawling out of his hole.

But yes, aside from its terrible sense of humor, Colors is the best when it comes to expressing the characters. They feel vibrant, expressive, full of life and this is further emphasized by the voice acting. The Storybook games definitely are the best when it comes to the overall plot; its pretty much a standard Sonic adventure but it knows when to take itself seriously, and actually gives some depth to its new characters, its a real shame they're spinoffs that almost no one know/care about, because I'm pretty sure Sonic wouldn't be ridiculed as much if he had more storybook style stories.

All this talk of the Storybook series makes me think of how would a movie based off the Storybook games would be like (One things for sure, it'll be a whole lot better than playing the games). I'll probably come back and put in details how I would approach it.

EDIT: For deletion of multiple post within same post due to spamming reply button

Edited by ThatGuy

Trollol. laugh.png Don't feed the troll!

I think Sonic Riders animation had too low FPS. And I'm not sure if it would work as an entire movie. It's not that it's bad, it just doesn't seem so... commercial. It's a bit too stylized IMO. BUt I'm sure it would be great in a shorter movie.

Maybe like a 30-minute to an hour special. It could work as a movie though. Two words: Tron Legacy. Come on, Sonic: Legacy. It reeks of epicness. The technology could work, it would need a different storyline, but music done by Daft Punk and/or Crush 40 would make it worth seeing for the movie alone. I'd especially prefer an adaption of Zero Gravity (assuming they don't make up an entirely new story,) as it had the best story. I admit though, the Storybook series would make a great movie, as the story was very interesting, and there are several elements they could expand on, such as Knuckles' loyalty to the king, Percival and Sonic's relationship, the betrayal and insanity of Merlina, her despair at the end of the world, ect. That's not including all the things in Secret Rings, such as Shara's death, a timer counting down on Sonic's life, and the ultimate battle against Alf-layla Wa layla as Darkspine Sonic.

Sometimes I feel like the fanfic series I'm writing is already supposed to be a movie (series). So I guess that's how I would want it.

Hey, a man can dream...

Maybe like a 30-minute to an hour special. It could work as a movie though. Two words: Tron Legacy. Come on, Sonic: Legacy. It reeks of epicness. The technology could work, it would need a different storyline, but music done by Daft Punk and/or Crush 40 would make it worth seeing for the movie alone. I'd especially prefer an adaption of Zero Gravity (assuming they don't make up an entirely new story,) as it had the best story. I admit though, the Storybook series would make a great movie, as the story was very interesting, and there are several elements they could expand on, such as Knuckles' loyalty to the king, Percival and Sonic's relationship, the betrayal and insanity of Merlina, her despair at the end of the world, ect. That's not including all the things in Secret Rings, such as Shara's death, a timer counting down on Sonic's life, and the ultimate battle against Alf-layla Wa layla as Darkspine Sonic.

Daft Punk? I like their songs, but I don't think they are suitable for the Sonic series at all. At all. o_O

And I'm against retelling or adding to the plot of a game. I'd much rather the Storybook writers wrote something new without a lot of creativity, if you know what I mean. Currently people outside of Sonic fandom seem to hate innovation, so the story should not involve Sonic getting a sword, being warped into a different world, riding Extreme Gear or turning into a Werehog, at least in the first full-lenght movie.

It's a pity we won't be getting such a movie in years. :c if at all

Daft Punk? I like their songs, but I don't think they are suitable for the Sonic series at all. At all. o_O

And I'm against retelling or adding to the plot of a game. I'd much rather the Storybook writers wrote something new without a lot of creativity, if you know what I mean. Currently people outside of Sonic fandom seem to hate innovation, so the story should not involve Sonic getting a sword, being warped into a different world, riding Extreme Gear or turning into a Werehog, at least in the first full-lenght movie.

It's a pity we won't be getting such a movie in years. :c if at all

I meant for just a Sonic Riders movie adaption, given how awesome the songs in Tron: Legacy were, and the fact that it is very technology-based like Tron. (and they do even have some bikes, albeit not light cycles.) But yeah, I'm thinking that would be better for a spinoff movie after they make a few main ones.

Feature films usually have "action and dramatic storylines", with Sonic this would be SA2 all over again.

If I were to direct a Sonic Film, I would write a solid story aimed at a family audience, a story about a good ol' hedgehog hero against a fat guy inside a giant robot.

The film would be loosely based in Sonic Adventure, but the "angst" will be barely relevant.

Starts with Sonic kicking Eggman's ass, Eggman is thrown a la Team Rocket with his robot lackey, E-Seres "Selena" (An annoying female human-like robot that assists Eggman and criticizes his plans in a very rude and crude manner)

Eggman lands in Mystic Ruins and finds a very interesting mural, he orders his assistant Selena to translate it, upon hearing the translation, Eggman decides to bring back the god of the echidnas, oh... and steal get the chaos emeralds too.

Sonic Adventure happens, without Big doing stupid fishing, he will only appear when Tails tries to find the emerald Froggy ate.

Oh, and Eggman gets rid of "Selena", since she criticized and mocked that Eggman needed Sonic's help, that was the last he could stand from a mannequin robot with primitive A.I.

Note: She would return in upgraded form in the sequel, and will less crude, but will have a running gag.

There would be both serious moments (as serious a Disney film could get) and light-hearted.

As for the ideal film? I think that a nicely written script, smooth animation and good voice actors are enough for me.

• Thumbs Up 1