Awoo.

Blaze of Soleanna

Blazey Firekitty

I've never seen any evidence for this, so it may well be false, but there was a rumour that Sonic 2006 was going to connect to the plot of Sonic Rush, but this was changed after a Wii version was canceled...Supposedly Blaze was orginally going to be the female lead, not Elise.

I honestly like this scenario. It would have given Blaze a single concrete backstory instead of the swiss cheese one she has now, and the overall story of the game probably would have made more sense.

What do you guys think?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blazey Firekitty

• Toby

• JaidynReiman

• Stephen

There was going to be a wii version of Sonic 06? Since when? I know there was a rumoured PC version thanks to a most likely false advert and the random PC on that press image. But it was never confirmed at all. Wii version? Never seen that one before.

Nah.

Blaze's character was poorly written into the game. Elise is the typical damsel-in-distress; does Blaze really need that kind of subjection? And while I have no qualms toward SonicxBlaze, it'd feel like falling in love with Sonic would be the only development Blaze would ever get in the game. And I tend to have a thing against headstrong female leads who fall into that sort of pitfall (Shana from Shakugan no Shana, ohohohohohoho). Writers don't know what to do with a strong female so instead they make her submit to the will of a man in order to give her some kind of emotional depth.

Of course, I don't really care about the story as much for Sonic games. It wouldn't have made a difference to me.

Edited by Jake

There was going to be a wii version of Sonic 06? Since when? I know there was a rumoured PC version thanks to a most likely false advert and the random PC on that press image. But it was never confirmed at all. Wii version? Never seen that one before.

In some interviews, the team behind Secret Rings said they originally had the job of finding a way to make the game for the Wii, but when they fiddled around with the wiimote, they decided a different type of game would be suited for the system.

I don't remember where that interview is, but I'll look for it.

Edited by Toby Barrett

Nah.

Blaze's character was poorly written into the game. Elise is the typical damsel-in-distress; does Blaze really need that kind of subjection? And while I have no qualms toward SonicxBlaze, it'd feel like falling in love with Sonic would be the only development Blaze would ever get in the game. And I tend to have a thing against headstrong female leads who fall into that sort of pitfall (Shana from Shakugan no Shana, ohohohohohoho).

Of course, I don't really care about the story as much for Sonic games. It wouldn't have made a difference to me.

I agree with this, but I figured that if they were supposedly connecting to the story of Rush., she would have been a "fighting partner" rather than a damsel. At least if they remembered to stay true to what came before.^_^;;

I don't see how replacing Elise with Blaze would solve anything, unless pretty much the whole story was rewritten as well. I mean, as it is now Soleanna is part of Sonic's world, but Blaze is from another dimension...so does Sonic jump dimensions for the proto-'06? And what about Silver, would he be from the future of Blaze's world, then? But how does the deal with Shadow being sealed away in the future come up? Why would Team Dark even get involved, since their orders were coming from GUN back in Sonic's world? And where would Nega fit into all this?

If '06 did start out as something revolving around Blaze, it changed massively somewhere early on, to the point that '06 and proto-'06 might as well not even be related.

I don't remember hearing about this rumor. I do know that a Wii version WAS planned, though. That was stated from the developers of Secret Rings.

Really, though, I think its interesting the way it is. It is confusing, yes, but that doesn't mean it isn't impossible to figure out. Because of how badly the game was designed, the information didn't come out right, but it was planned to be more in-depth. Now they may never go back to the information that they attempted to present due to how much people hate the came, but I do believe they had more planned.

Actually, there are quite a few similarities that could be drawn between Elise and Blaze that make this believable. First is the fact that both had a curse involving flames since before they could remember. Second, this curse had the effect of causing them to be withdrawn and aloof, and it was through friendship with Sonic (and Cream) that would allow them to open up. Third, time travel is a very weird process, Blaze of Soleanna becoming the Blaze from an alternate dimension probably could be explained away through various convoluted descriptions of a system that could never exist to begin with.

However, unfortunate handling of Elise and the Sonic's story in Sonic 06 caused it to be embarrassing, so I simply accept the solution unintentionally offered by Sonic Team by ignoring its very existence. In establishing any kind of fanon, I'd rather ignore the more problematic chapters than try to fit them in.

As for canon, the fact that the finished product had Blaze as an afterthought and was never ported to the Wii in the end means that it is entirely irrelevant aside from speculation and insight that may help with establishing fanon.

I was thinking, what if Sonic 06 came before Rush. You could make some sense out of it, for eg.

At the end of 06, Blaze sends herself into another dimension, now after that, all the story and things that happened in Sonic 06 never happened, so, I belive that Blaze was stuck in another dimension having lost all her memory of getting there. Now in Sonic Rush, Sonic and Blazes dimension start to merge, is this the timelines still trying to get back to normal by bringing Blaze back into her original dimension.

It could work.

Actually, there are quite a few similarities that could be drawn between Elise and Blaze that make this believable. First is the fact that both had a curse involving flames since before they could remember. Second, this curse had the effect of causing them to be withdrawn and aloof, and it was through friendship with Sonic (and Cream) that would allow them to open up. Third, time travel is a very weird process, Blaze of Soleanna becoming the Blaze from an alternate dimension probably could be explained away through various convoluted descriptions of a system that could never exist to begin with.

However, unfortunate handling of Elise and the Sonic's story in Sonic 06 caused it to be embarrassing, so I simply accept the solution unintentionally offered by Sonic Team by ignoring its very existence. In establishing any kind of fanon, I'd rather ignore the more problematic chapters than try to fit them in.

As for canon, the fact that the finished product had Blaze as an afterthought and was never ported to the Wii in the end means that it is entirely irrelevant aside from speculation and insight that may help with establishing fanon.

That's actually one of the things I've been saying, but I think there's a bit more than that. I won't bring it up here, though; no point, since nobody seems to think that Sonic Team will mention Sonic '06 ever again, anyway (which I disagree on, but whatever; they already did reference Sonic '06 with the "Soleanna Hotel" in Empire City).

Bluefox, definitely agreed on the "if you look at Sonic '06 coming before Sonic Rush" thing. The only part here that complicates it is the one seen where Blaze appears with Sonic and Silver, but I'm positive that Blaze was never planned to be there.

However, for those saying Blaze was an afterthought... she wasn't. She was planned for the game at -least- since E3 2006, because that's the time when we first heard about Blaze being in the game. An "afterthought" generally refers to being thrown in at the last second, which clearly isn't the case; we didn't hear about anyone other than Sonic and Eggman until E3 '06, and we actually didn't hear about OMEGA until far later, almost when the game came out. Blaze was leaked very early on, though.

Actually, there are quite a few similarities that could be drawn between Elise and Blaze that make this believable. First is the fact that both had a curse involving flames since before they could remember. Second, this curse had the effect of causing them to be withdrawn and aloof, and it was through friendship with Sonic (and Cream) that would allow them to open up.

Yeah, that expanded pretty well upon what I was getting at in the first post.^_^

But yeah, I'm guessing the original plan for Sonic 2006 might have been a whole lot different from what it ultimately came out to be. It'd just be nice to know what that plan was, but that doesn't seem likely to happen.^_^;;

I've never seen any evidence for this, so it may well be false, but there was a rumour that Sonic 2006 was going to connect to the plot of Sonic Rush, but this was changed after a Wii version was canceled...Supposedly Blaze was orginally going to be the female lead, not Elise.

I honestly like this scenario. It would have given Blaze a single concrete backstory instead of the swiss cheese one she has now, and the overall story of the game probably would have made more sense.

What do you guys think?

There is this one scene where mephilis is talking about the iblis trigger being a blue hedgehog, blaze says blue hedgehog? like shes seen one before...

I forgot who originally posted this, but whatever.

The Japanese word for the colour blue (adjective) is aoi (青い). The Japanese word for the adjective naive is ALSO aoi (青いor 蒼い).

So if we look at the scene again where Mephiles shows Silver the "Iblis Trigger", Silver says, "Mieta. Kono aoi harinezumi ga Iburiisu Torigaa... [i see it. This blue hedgehog's the Iblis Trigger...]"

But Blaze, who -- critically -- doesn't see this vision, only hears what Silver says verbatim. And as Blaze uses "aoi" to mean both 'blue' and 'naive', we have a specific problem in translation – the fact that “aoi” means both. When she goes looking for Silver, she says “aoi harinezumi” and of course the translation is correct in it meaning ‘blue hedgehog’ – but this could have been a critical piece of information that is utterly untranslatable. When she finds him at the beach, and when she seals Iblis, she says “aoi”, meaning that Silver is naïve - in effect, when talking to him, she says, "Oh, you're so blue".

In short, Blaze had no memory of any blue hedgehog from Sonic Rush, she was merely going from what Silver said -- and clueless as to whether or not the "blue" hedgehog meant a "naive" hedgehog. Either way, she looking for an “aoi” hedgehog – the naïve hedgehog is going to be where the blue hedgehog is.

THEREFORE. When she went into another dimension, and Solaris was defeated, time was reset -- including in Blaze's new dimension. She was reset back to childhood, as was Silver in their respective times, which led up to the events of Sonic Rush and Sonic Rivals.