Awoo.

Favorite Transformation

Rinzler

What's your favorite transformation form?

Mine is without a doubt Darkspine. Forgive me if I sound a bit fanboyish here, but I just love it. It's badass, vicious, and mysterious all without looking out of place.

Just about all of them are completely fucking redundant if you ask me. They all more or less do exactly the same thing (maybe with the exception of Excalibur Sonic, and even then only because there's a sword in the mix), so I'm having a hard time trying to understand why we ever needed more than one besides Super Sonic.

Hyper Sonic, for the sole fact that after thinking in S3K, "Wow, Super Sonic is overpowered, but it's still awesome", you play as Hyper Sonic, and your jaw drops in awe............

The Werehog.

He's the only one that's story relevant beyond being deus ex machina, he has a more polished, balanced, and involving gameplay style than any other form, he has his own cartoon, and he's fluffy as fuck. This isn't even a contest. xP

• Thumbs Up 5

The badass known as Darkspine, I just love the way he takes the direct approach and actually beats the shit out of his enemy with punches and kick and whatnot.

Hes basically the closest thing we'll get to a Dark Sonic, but forget that, hes awesome enough to not get lumped together with him.

• Thumbs Up 1

Werehog.

He's the form that has had by far the most elaboration which contributes greatly to his appeal. But what backed-up that appeal in the first place was a combination of awesome design, interesting characterization on the count of Sonic being mostly unaffected mentally yet still with a violent edge and funny funny fighting style.

The Werehog just oozes charm to me and it's epitomized in his Japanese voice as well as combat moves and their animation. It's pure whimsy and never taken seriously. Sonic pummels the living crap out of anything that dares stand against him with style and never seriously in terms of viciousness. You don't see him biting or ripping foes literally to shreds like a feral monster.

Instead, he slashes, throws, body-slams, grabs and pummels with bone-crushing force and EVEN DOES CARTWHEELS! It's a very amusing sight and it contributes greatly to the forms overall whimsical-ness and appeal.Darkspine Sonic is a close second though. Definately the most mysterious form with the most intriguing design and badass mannerisms. He didn't get enough love in SatSR. Excalibur freaking Sonic gets a CGI cutscene, a piece of concept art and has more stuff in the gallery concerning him. Darkspine got zilch except a seriously badass boss battle.

Edited by Verte
  • Thumbs Up 4

I can't believe I forgot the werehog. He's cool to. :)

Also this thread isn't exclusive to Sonic so list others if you will.

Excalibur Sonic is my favorite Sonic transformation.

An interesting twist on the classic Super Sonic, Sonic grabs some badass golden armor, complete with a cape, to fight off the final boss.

Funny how they went off saying Sonic was King considering Archie comic's and Underground's canon... :P

Just about all of them are completely fucking redundant if you ask me. They all more or less do exactly the same thing (maybe with the exception of Excalibur Sonic, and even then only because there's a sword in the mix), so I'm having a hard time trying to understand why we ever needed more than one besides Super Sonic.

The rule of cool.

AWESOOOOOOOME.

Yes. I'm not a fan of the extraneous alternate super forms in general, but Excalibur Sonic at least brought something new to the table by being armour instead of an actual transformation (complete with that gorgeous, ridiculously detailed sequence where it's equipped) and involving that over-the-top glowing sword. I'd never want it to show up again, but it made one hell of an impression the first time.

Personaly I like the dark aspect of Darkspine Sonic. The blank eyes, fire, golden rings, and white stripes make him all kinds of cool. The emotions of rage hatred and sadness flooded into Sonic and it looks like they darn well drove him mad. (In case you didn't know, I like madness. <3)

Darkspine_Sonic.png

Other than that.... excalibur was interesting. Well, interesting to watch. I didn't care much for playing as him. Of course I'd like for one final story book game to add another form. I'm starting to enjoy the variety.

Edited by Chaos Walker

349639_o.gif

AWESOOOOOOOME.

Dat gif! Anyways, beside the tried and true Super Sonic, Darkspine Sonic was a badass (and actually fought people with punches, not jumping on them,) Hyper Sonic was even better than Super Sonic (I liked the flashing colors, and breathing underwater and getting an air-dash that destroys any on-screen enemies is always a plus,) and of course, the Werehog (the one with the most plot relevant and who had the most detail put into his design.)

Super Tails because he doesn't have to do anything to be a boss. The birds do all the work for him.

True dat. Very useful for bosses. I still like the storybook super forms though (a little variety is always good, and Exaclibur Sonic was just armor, not an actual transformation, with one awesome sequence to accompany it.)

Super Tails because he doesn't have to do anything to be a boss. The birds do all the work for him.

Yeah, Super Tails is my favorite too. The indestructable birds are not only cool, but they also allows for all sorts of interesting fan-wanking. My own interpretation is that the birds are made of chaos energy turned solid (so maybe you could say that their chaos energy has been converted to chaos matter) and that anyone with the ability to use chaos energy could potentially use it to manipulate it into becoming solid and taking specific forms like that (really any form at all, be it little cute birds or a machine gun), but that it takes an extreme amount of mental capacity and concentration to do this, and that Tails is the only chaos-enegry user in the series so far who has been able to master the technique.

Yeah, im a Tails fan. tongue.png

Edited by batson

I like all 3 Super Hedgehogs and Burning Blaze.

Any other Transformations just seem Out of place for me. I dont think they were even needed.

Yeah, Super Tails is my favorite too. The indestructable birds are not only cool, but they also allows for all sorts of interesting fan-wanking. My own interpretation is that the birds are made of chaos energy turned solid (so maybe you could say that their chaos energy has been converted to chaos matter) and that anyone with the ability to use chaos energy could potentially used it to manipulate it into becoming solid and taking specific forms like that (really any form at all, be it little cute birds or a machine gun), but that this takes an extreme amount of mental capacity and concentration to do this, and that Tails is the only chaos-enegry user in the series so far who has been able to master the technique.

Yeah, im a Tails fan. tongue.png

That, and he was using the super emeralds, and to compensate for Knuckles and Sonic's hyper forms being more powerful, as well as him not being able to use the chaos emeralds (the game designers' excuse was that he's "too young" to use them and so he had to tap into more powerful emeralds.) I kind of hope we'll see him again later on, perhaps as just plain super tails (no flickies,) with the other form being called "Hyper Tails." This would happen when he's older of course and can tap into the full potential of the chaos emeralds.

That, and he was using the super emeralds, and to compensate for Knuckles and Sonic's hyper forms being more powerful, as well as him not being able to use the chaos emeralds (the game designers' excuse was that he's "too young" to use them and so he had to tap into more powerful emeralds.) I kind of hope we'll see him again later on, perhaps as just plain super tails (no flickies,) with the other form being called "Hyper Tails." This would happen when he's older of course and can tap into the full potential of the chaos emeralds.

I am almost sure that Tails and Knuckles Super/Hyper Forms arent canon just like Hyper Sonic. I mean I thought they are but remember Heroes? Knuckles couldnt transform and he COULD gos Super in S3&K. So yeah I doubt we will ever see them again.