Awoo.

Daytona USA is being re-released!

Tracker_TD

SEGA have set up a competition on their blog-Name that Game! To win, it's simple-just name the game the song in the video is from, and you win the game they're are "about to announce". Also, the video features bunnies.

Most interesting though-is the actual song.

Is that... ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLING STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAART?!?

So, yes, it seems the classification boards were right-Daytona is being re-released!

With the info SEGA has given us, I can assume there will be a formal reveal shortly.

Also, regarding the competition, it is only open to US residents. Which sucks, but ah well.

So... discuss. smile.png

Hopefully it's Daytona USA 2001, and not the the arcade version or either of the vastly inferior Saturn versions - though that music didn't sound like it was taken from the 2001 iteration...

I may be the only one hoping it's the Arcade version-the nostalgia is too much, I love the original too much.

From what I remember, 2001 was inferior to the arcade version. Can someone explain all the differences between the releases?

From what I remember, 2001 was inferior to the arcade version. Can someone explain all the differences between the releases?

The main flaw I know between the DC and Arcade versions of Daytona is the DC version's controls were quite oversensitive. Only one that springs to mind though.

Daytona 2001 was basically the best game, but the controls were way too twitchy.

Also, if by "Daytona USA rerelease" Sega means "release Sega Racing Classic" then they can piss off.

Also, if by "Daytona USA rerelease" Sega means "release Sega Racing Classic" then they can piss off.

The main flaw I know between the DC and Arcade versions of Daytona is the DC version's controls were quite oversensitive. Only one that springs to mind though.

• 2 weeks later...

I loved Daytona USA on the Saturn (I still have it and play it on occasion). I might possibly purchase this if the extras are worth it. Plus, you gotta love that music. "I WANNA FLYYYYYYY SKY HIGHHHHHHH..."

You know what would be fucking amazing awesome (and by that I mean a requirement)? Steering wheel support.

Get it done, Sega.

Edited by TGaP Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1

You know what would be fucking amazing awesome (and by that I mean a requirement)? Steering wheel support.

Get it done, Sega.

I know this is a stupid question but, Do they still make those steering wheel peripherals? Because I haven't seen one since last gen.

Gran Turismo 5 comes with steering wheel support, so yes.

• 3 weeks later...

My god. It's fucking beautiful. They've got the original soundtrack and the impossibly more cheesy Saturn one. And you can sing along to the latter in the Karaoke mode.

And the wheel support. The glorious, glorious wheel support.

God damnit Sega. Release Sonic CD already. I need to feel like it is 1993 again.

Edited by TGaP Tornado