Awoo.

Ghostbusters: The Videogame (PS3,XBOX 360, Wii, DS, PS2, PC,)

Senator NinjaShark

Developer: Terminal Reality (Xbox 360/PS3/PC), Red Fly Studio (Wii/DS/PS2)

Publisher: Atari

Genre: Action

Release Date's:

• Jun 16, 2009 (US)
    Jun 19, 2009 (UK)
    Jun 25, 2009 (AU)

ESRB: Teen (Xbox 360/PS3), Everyone 10+ (Wii/PS2), Everyone (DS)

Ghostbusters: The Video Game is an all-new adventure featuring the characters from the popular movie series. It's being developed by Terminal Reality for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC. Versions for the PlayStation 2, Wii, and DS are being developed by Red Fly Studio. The PS2/Wii version of the game has a notably distinct graphics style, featuring character designs stylistically similar to a Pixar motion picture or Team Fortress 2.

The game's story is penned by Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis, who also wrote both movies. Aykroyd has gone on-record as saying that the game is, effectively, Ghostbusters III. Many of the key cast members from the films will digitally reprise their roles in likeness and in voice. One notable exception to this is Rick Moranis who refused to come out of retirement to reprise his role as accountant Louis Tully.

The game will put players in the role of a new recruit to the Ghostbusters team, just as Manhattan is overrun with supernatural monsters. Players will be given several weapons, including one that allows the player to manipulate objects by shooting them with sticky slime tethers and anchoring them to the level geometry.

Ghostbusters: The Video Game is expected to be released June 16th, 2009, alongside the release of Ghostbusters on Blu-ray, to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the series. Phil Harrison, President of Infogrames Entertainment, the parent company of Atari said “The title has built considerable anticipation and excitement among game fans for its high quality action and all-out mayhem. There’s no more thrilling Ghostbusting experience to be had, short of building your own proton pack.”

Videos

Rule No. 1 Trailer (Nov 16, 2007)

Rule No. 2 Trailer (Feb 4, 2009)

Rule No. 3 Trailer (Apr 10, 2009)

Slime Trailer-(Wii vers.) (Apr 17, 2009)

Mass Hysteria Feature (Xbox360 vers) (10. April 2009)

Gameplay Walkthrough (Wii vers.) Part 1

Xbox 360 Gameplay Walkthrough

Atari Interview

Behind the Scenes Video by The Game Heroes!

Screenshots

Xbox360/PS3 vers.

Wii/PS2 vers.

DS vers.

Dont Know about you Guy's but I quite look Forward to this since I Love the Ghostbusters and Its Interesting to Hear that this is supposed to be a Canon Sequel to the Movies.The Game Kinda Reminds me of Gears of War Just without the Guns (Witch is Good In my Books), The Only thing I'm Kind of Worried about is that It might get repetitive at one Point...or maybe I just worry too much again.

Anyway Discuss. Now if you excuse me, I'm off to Dance down the Street to the Music of Ray Parker Jr.

Edited by Mr Beowolf

I SSSOOO want to get this game. But with Bionic Commando out in 3 weeks, and BlazBlue in 2 months, and needing to renew my Xbox Live subscription, I just don't have the money. BlazBlue is already forcing me to dip into my dwindling savings again. This unfortunately has to go onto my "buy later but probably never will" list. At least this gives me time to check out the reviews first after release.

• 10 years later...

I'll most definetly get the PS4 version. Hopefully this means the framerate is more stable, i remember that being one major problem of the original release.
The cool thing is that for the italian dub of the game they actually called the specific voice actors of the movies (minus the one of Peter, who sadly had passed away one year prior the game's release), so the argument that this is the unofficial third Ghostbusters sequel is more than true even for me.

Woah! Did not see this coming!

I recall hearing surprisingly good things about this game, yet I never actually got around to picking it up. Perhaps this remaster will turn that around!

16 minutes ago, Teoskaven said:

I'll most definetly get the PS4 version. Hopefully this means the framerate is more stable, i remember that being one major problem of the original release.
The cool thing is that for the italian dub of the game they actually called the specific voice actors of the movies (minus the one of Peter, who sadly had passed away one year prior the game's release), so the argument that this is the unofficial third Ghostbusters sequel is more than true even for me.

I think at the time, graphically the Xbox 360 version was by far the superior title. Graphically at least.

PS3 version was missing a lot of particle effects and was prone to hard crashing online.

Definitely picking this up. Enjoyed the game when I played the Wii and PS3 versions but never finished them, due to the Wii being a lesser version, and the PS3 version having too many bugs, the least of which being the game can choose to not recognise your saves, forcing you to restart.

This was certainly unexpected, but really neat! Loved the original game and having it handheld (without being a completely different game like the DS version) sounds like a very awesome way to reexperience it. Probably going to wait a bit on buying it, though, as I've been holding off on picking up a lot of the Ghostbusters IDW comics until they finish recollecting the main series in the larger "Spectral Shenanigans" trades and I feel those would compliment this very well. (Also if I wait, I'll at least know if the Switch port is a good one.)

I'm definately getting the Switch version, seeing as it's almost fitting for the Ghostbusters to appear on Nintendo, crappy first game aside. Because of two words:

image.png.fa957f1eb8f89347e7453e51b1cf9fc4.png

NES Advantage

Now imagine hooking it up to the Switch via an octopus of Raphnet adapters, meaning the official GCN Adapter for WiiU/Switch with two NES adapters plugged into slots 1 and 2. That would be quite the challenge to try.

• Chuckle 1

• 2 months later...