Awoo.

Logo-withoutbackground.png

- Story -

Our hero, Sonic the Hedgehog, has heard rumors of Doctor Robotnik constructing something inside a jungle near Green Hill Zone. Sonic manages to evade the dangers located in the jungle and arrives at his destination: A giant launch bay for... Something.

Sneaking through the launch bay he locates his objective: Doctor Ivo Robotnik standing proudly as he watches the construction of what could be his biggest plan ever.

Before Sonic can act and destroy the base, Robotnik manages to launch his latest creation: A giant metallic Artificial Sun powered by Chaos Emeralds that positions itself over the real Sun blocking the light from reaching the Earth. Robotnik uses a portal to transport himself to a giant battleship in outer space before Sonic can step in. With the world in near-infinite darkness, Sonic decides to stop Robotnik once and for all.

- Controls -

Basically, the controls are the same as the classics. Spin Dash, moving Sonic across the stage and beating Badniks by jumping over them and shit like that.

- Levels -

Deep Jungle Zone: Security has been breached. Facility is at full alert. Escape the Base before they catch you! But beware of the Bug Badniks and the trapvines scattered around the inmense jungle.

Mechanical Ordnance Zone: Tails needs resources to transport you to the Artificial Sun. "Borrow" some things from Robotnik's Weapon Cache, but be extremely careful when facing the Security System.

Toxic Chemicals Zone/Chemical Lake Zone: With the Chaos Emeralds gone, Tails needs an energy source to power the transport. Go back to the Chemical Plant and venture to the Chemical Lake created from your last adventure, but be sure to not touch the toxic lake!

Restricted Launch Zone: The transport is ready, but Robotnik has sent disturbance to the Launch Bay to destroy the transport. Destroy the Badniks interrupting the launch and enter the transport.

Artificial Sun Zone: This is it, your last chance to stop Robotnik's plan. Enter the internal workings of the machine and tear it apart! Expect heavy resistance.

Final Velocity Zone: ???

I already have the whole thing ready to do, but I will take some time to complete the whole thing. After all, it's my first game. Each stage will have Two Acts and a Boss Stage sans the last one that will have One act and one Boss.

If you can lend me a hand on Graphics and stuff like that, I would really appreciate it.

Expect a demo of Deep Jungle Zone... One day, but it's coming I assure you!

Made using Game Maker 8.0 Pro and Sonic Revival Engine 3.0, I do not claim that I own them in any way.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blue Wisp

• Place

• The Dead Skin

• Solkia

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

does it use flash?

Nope.

Sounds interesting. Think you'll have a demo ready by the next SAGE?

I will see, when is SAGE?

Is it using polygons or sprites for visuals?

Sprites. As I said it's similar to the Classics.

Topic can be locked now.

Note: Yes, I'm joking

You almost gave me a heart attack.

Seriously D:

I will see, when is SAGE?

Well, this year, SAGE was in September, so i'd say you have about a year to develop, tweak, and finally release the demo. It's definitely possible, but you'd have to at least be mildly devoted to the project.

Edited by The Place-Rocker

Also looking forward to how you pull off Chemical Lake Zone. Perhaps make it so that the area is showing evidence of corrosion from the chemicals and age, with segments from the original Chemical Plant visible, but unreachable.

This game is also looking to be very dark and mechanical, as well. Perhaps we could do with some level variety?

Edited by The Place-Rocker

You almost gave me a heart attack.

Seriously D:

I-it's not like I'm a mod; I can't lock topic. Sorry for the fright... O.O;

If you can lend me a hand on Graphics and stuff like that, I would really appreciate it.

Expect a demo of Deep Jungle Zone... One day, but it's coming I assure you!

Made using Game Maker 8.0 Pro and Sonic Revival Engine 3.0, I do not claim that I own them in any way.

I too am making my first game on Game Maker 8.0, not a Sonic game, but an original parody-platformer game, I wouldn't mind getting to know what values you put for your sprites? seeing as I want my character to go a little faster, also I be having trouble with making him face the other way when he jumps :/

Also with lending a hand to graphics, what do you mean by that exactly?

Vinyl, just edit some Genesis sprites. Edit Chemical Plant for Chemical Lake, etc.

Sounds cool, good luck!

We could make good use of the unused Death Egg tiles for Chemical Lake! ;)