Awoo.

FICTION: Ivo

Dr. Mechano

As an introductory note, this story aims to tell the story of Ivo Robotnik before he takes on the villainous identity of Dr. Eggman. It aims to show his development through childhood, adolescence, and young adulthood, showing his gradual turn to supervillainy.

The story takes bits and pieces from various Sonic continuities. Most of it is game based, but there's a few elements adopted from AoStH, Sonic X, etc. as well. Although I may take some creative liberties, I hope to stay fairly true to universe, creating a plausible backstory for our favorite mad genius.

Ivo

Written by El Gran Gordo

Chapter 1 - "The Story Begins"

Edited by El Gran Gordo

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dr. Mechano

• Indigo Rush

• Saint Nathan

• Little Miss Fortunes

Oh my gosh, El Gran, I love it! It was an absolute pleasure to read! Little Ivo's boundless enthusiasm and respect for his grandfather... It's just too cute! You had me squealing at him like a fangirl through the entire thing! Really made me wanna reach out and hug the little spore to pieces! ♥ Gerald is a real sweet-heart too, as he was before his emotional breakdown. And oh my gosh, that Motobug is adorable! I want one! :lol:

You're a really talented writer, though I wouldn't expect anything less from the great El Gran Gordo - your style is very engaging and charismatic, and just oozing with passion and a psychological depth that really makes the reader wanna dig into the psyches of the characters. I love how you foreshadowed some of his later methods, such as wondering about alternative power sources to Rings, and how you gave a reason for him to be closer to his grandfather. Pure genius!

The only one little niggle I noticed is that Maria died at the age of 12, so she never would have been 15, but that's a very minor detail and it doesn't detract anything from the story.

Keep it up El Gran, I can't wait to see Ivo's project and when he gets to see the ARK! Consider me hooked. :D

Oh my gosh, El Gran, I love it! It was an absolute pleasure to read! Little Ivo's boundless enthusiasm and respect for his grandfather... It's just too cute! You had me squealing at him like a fangirl through the entire thing! Really made me wanna reach out and hug the little spore to pieces!
Edited by El Gran Gordo

I stopped at the Motobug to write this because I was already in awe of your story! This story is already likable and I feel like I've fallen in love with the characters all over again.

Your love for Robotnik is rubbing off on all of us, I believe, especially me.

I can see this being somewhere in the dark forgotten archives of Sonic Team, being uncovered by the new development team, brainstorming Eggman's own real adventure game.

Gordo, if you ever get the opportunity to work at Sonic Team in the creatives department, you absolutely must pass this off!

I'll be following this intently. I'm curious to see what becomes of Ivo Robotnik! And what a time to write a story like this, especially after your topic about the inverse character behaviors of Eggman and his grandfather. ;)

I give you 10 stars.

Out of 5.

This fanfiction is amazing. I like how you throw references of the games into the story and the references actually make sense unlike most fanfiction. Its also really descriptive and well thought out. Your grammar and spelling is all correct as well. Its also good to see a light hearted side to Gerald for more than 10 seconds as well. I'm looking forward to the next chapter. Keep up the good work.

...Also I'm going to guess that the ARK chrisis will happen before Ivo gets to see the ARK

I love how he already has a little evil laugh~

This is great Gordo. It's brillant, charming, and it seems like something that could really be part of the storyline.

Though, it's hard to imagine even a small Ivo to have any hair on his head at all. It just dosn't seem right. I've always imagined Eggboy to have a tiny mustash and nothing else. XD

Only now I feel sad.

I can never again feel good about spindashing down a Motobug.

Seconded... I will now jump over them whenever I play Sonic 1. :(

Way to make us feel bad for a robot, El Grand Gordo.

Edited by Indigo Rush

Second chapter here. This is where, for lack of clear game information on Eggman's childhood, I begin adapting elements from other continuities. Both Lucas and Lucinda are from AoStH, wherein Robotnik had a school-age crush on Lucinda, etc. Again, these are adaptions of the characters to fit into a more Sega-styled universe. Also to avoid making fancharacters whenever possible, and all that.

Anyway, hope you enjoy!

Ivo

By El Gran Gordo

Chapter 2 -

Edited by El Gran Gordo

EL GRAN GORDO I LOVE YOU.

Already. Lucinda!

That was intense, man. SEGA must hire you!!

The only problem I have is... romance in Elementary School? I guess it's possible.

Edited by Indigo Rush

EL GRAN GORDO I LOVE YOU.

Already. Lucinda!

That was intense, man. SEGA must hire you!!

The only problem I have is... romance in Elementary School? I guess it's possible.

It's not real romance, so much as a childish one-sided crush. She doesn't feel the same way, after all, and even the attention she pays to Lucas is more friend-based than anything. I made a note of this in the narration, that despite it meaning a lot to Ivo, it really isn't anything terribly serious in the grand scheme of things.

Still, glad you're enjoying it so far.

Edited by El Gran Gordo

Oh my gosh, I love how the chapter titles are the lines of E.G.G.M.A.N. That is so awesome, and they really fit the theme of their respective chapters as well!

You are a true master at meshing the continuities together so well, yet adapting the AoStH one into a more game-esque way... It really, really works well! The way you portray Ivo's little kiddy crush on Lucinda is absolutely adorable! His childish jealousy from a lack of attention from her, especially when he got the trophy - it really made me feel for the little guy. His fake humbleness is hilariously endearing too, and how quickly he bounced back from his sadness, back to his chipper little self. I love seeing the small snippets of foreshadowing of his character as an adult, weaved in so tightly and elegantly... I'm really amazed! ♥

I really like how the "truth" behind the Ivo-Lucinda-Lucas triangle was actually in-between the stories that Robotnik and Lucas described in the AoStH episode, as well. There really is no 'good guy' and 'bad guy' - all characters portrayed in a realistic and empathetic light... It makes them all so relatable and loveable. There isn't a single character in this fic that I don't like.

You know what? This fic has inspired me, I think I'm going to try and draw little Ivo ♥

Thank you for sharing this with us, El Gran Gordo, and keep up the amazing work!

Stop making me feel bad about the throusands of dead Motobugs by my hand. Stop it.

Really dude, this is a very cool fanfic. Lil' Ivo got some jelously problems eh? Poor kid. XD

I'm guessing we'll see Sonic in here eventualy? I'd like to see if he would have anything to do with the Ivo-to-Egg thingy.

You know what? This fic has inspired me, I think I'm going to try and draw little Ivo ♥

Really? I'd love to see that!

I'm guessing we'll see Sonic in here eventualy?

Much later, yes. Considering Sonic logically hasn't been born yet, he won't be appearing until much later in the plot.

You've inspired me to design little Ivo as well! :3

You've inspired me to design little Ivo as well! :3

Ooh, cool! I'm sort of flattered that this story's inspiring people to draw their own interpretation of the character. I look forward to seeing this!

As for chapter 3, it's in the works- Hopefully it'll be up soon.

I'd do it too, but uh, i'm trying to be unique.

I'll make a SPRITE of him. YEAH.

And uh, Motobug too. He's just so damn cuuuttee~

Damnit Gordo. STOP MAKING ME JUMP OVER THEM. They're too cute to kill~

STOP IT.

picture1njn.png

I'm still making a much better and detailed design, but I thought this would suffice for the moment. :)

Keep up the good work, El Gran Gordo.

(PS - Will El Gran Gordo make an appearance? If he does, DON'T LET HIM SURRENDER! HE NEVER SURRENDERS!)

picture1njn.png

The picture isn't bad, but Ivo's placement is simply horrible man.

LOOK AT WHERE YOU PUT HIM.

That would explain why Ivo looks really happy XD

On a serious note though this fanfiction is still really good. You did a good job on combining the different Sonic Continuities and making them work well together.

ffffffffff.... Way to ruin a cute image! :C

Heh! Again, I'm really flattered at the fanwork this is inspiring. I suppose, relevant to that, I had an old circa-2003 fanart by Jessica Padkin in mind while I was writing the story...

EGGMANSARA.jpg

This isn't to say there's any one "canon" design for my story's Ivo, as the reader can imagine him however they want. But I guess this is sort of how I visualized him, despite the change in outfits, and I admit I owe her old fanart in part as inspiration for my story. Also, chapter 3 is progressing. Hopefully something will come of it soon.

Edited by El Gran Gordo

Omg, that's really, really cute Indigo! I think it's adorable how he's hugging the Motobug. I see nothing wrong with the placement. XD

I remember Jessica Padkin's fanart! I always found it really cute! C: I can see why it'd be an inspirational design.

Well, I'd might as well add my attempt, even though I made him look half the age he should be - 3-;

LilIvoUnshaded.png

Sorry El Gran, I totally killed his design there. XD; Still need to shade it as well...

Anyways, I can't wait to see chapter 3! >w<

Sorry El Gran, I totally killed his design there. XD; Still need to shade it as well...

Not at all! Both you and Indigo did a splendid job. I'm absolutely flattered.