Awoo.

modern demo?

jords

I have to say...I agree wholeheartedly.

I second this. The guy definitely makes a point. I don't really know what Sega plans to do about Episode 2 now that we have something of this quality without making Episode 2 COMPLETELY different from Episode 1. I mean, how can you make something like this and then go back to creating construction paper zones and crap-physics Sonic?

Pull the rug out from under Dimps, that's how.

Edited by crush40rocks

Inb4 3rd lock You know it's coming!

So yeah, has anyone run into any hilarious glitches yet?

On one part of Classic GHZ I'm standing on the edge of one of those 89 degree slopes and when I jump it for some reason launches me about 20x higher but it only seems to work on that particular area. Also, I stood on a 90 degree slope Sonic 4 style for about 2 seconds but that's about it.

Edited by Gartocer

So yeah, has anyone run into any hilarious glitches yet?

Not really lol.

I did get stuck this one part of the stage though.

On one of the upper paths, I was at the edge of a cliff, but I had no idea the floor would crumble.

While falling down, I held down right, and got caught in this floating inaccessible part of the stage lol.

Very weird, but I'd hardly call it a hilarious glitch, just a weird one.

EDIT: This happened on one of the 2D sections of Modern's stage.

Edited by SpeedsMyGame
  • Thumbs Up 2

Actually, yes!

I managed to break open an item box as Classic Sonic by simply landing on it without being in a spin-attack. It's not too hard to replicate, knock down the ring box hidden in the tree above the first slope, go back and run up said slope and try landing on top of the item box while uncurled. You'll still be able to open it. Pretty odd oversight.

Does this happen on any box? I recall there being a 1up pretty late in the level that you could just walk onto if you wanted.

Classic Sonic has plenty of momentum...shit doesn't need to be exactly like the the fucking classics in order for it to be entirely enjoyable. Sonic 4 is poorly made trash...I didn't even beat it cause it was so bad.

Putting Classic Sonic any where NEAR the same league as Sonic 4 is blasphemy let alone calling it BETTER in any way shape or form.

(Sky Sanctuary Zone Vid)

I watch this video up till when Sonic got to that rotating platform bit, and I suddenly find myself disliking the "2.5D" perspective. Maybe I just really liked exploiting the way those platforms worked to get across quick. Maybe those platforms were just very specific to a strict 2D game.

The way Sonic moved in the classics just felt really nice, they had it sorted out very well. I'm not sure you can really change it much without making it worse. Maybe the disconnect about how important this is has to do with playing styles. When I moved Sonic around, there were a lot of times jumping between platforms where I just let his momentum take him, barely touching the D-pad.

Maybe it's just the mood I'm in, but I can't help but harp on how the modern controls seem to have been designed to make this not effective, seemingly out of the need to have the player press more buttons. Jumping without some kind of assistance in the modern level without some kind of assistance just seems to drag, like you can't get anywhere. I can't help but come away with the impression that he looks fast but doesn't feel fast. They force him to be fast to run down all this game's many hallways.

Just beat Modern Green Hill in 2:30 while only pressing A, X, amd B. unsure.png I could of got my time down much lower if I bothered using the shortcuts.

Edited by Neon

Maybe it's just the mood I'm in, but I can't help but harp on how the modern controls seem to have been designed to make this not effective, seemingly out of the need to have the player press more buttons. Jumping without some kind of assistance in the modern level without some kind of assistance just seems to drag, like you can't get anywhere. I can't help but come away with the impression that he looks fast but doesn't feel fast. They force him to be fast to run down all this game's many hallways.

I can actually feel you on this... interestingly though some people prefer it like this due to "might be too fast "argument, but there's a possibility that Sonic may get something that makes him actually move faster or something in the skill shop. Either way I don't have much of a issue with it do to the act that the intense motion blur causes Sonic to be the focal point so everything seems to slow down in front of you while your moving if your looking at Sonic only and not whats ahead of him . I like to think of it from viewing the world from is perspective and at the same time this makes judging things from a distance a bit easier to do when moving quickly.

Infact now that you mention it they kinda did that to some degree with Classic Sonic. The world zips by around you, but when you focus on C Sonic everything kinda slows down for me.

Edited by V0YANT

Also, when you aren't spindashing, Classic Sonic feels a little sluggish.

You know that bit in Green Hill after you come down that rather automated swirling column bit then hit the checkpoint? You then have a bit of straight and then there is that upward curve. Unless you are already running from when you hit the checkpoint, you WILL NOT make it over just via running and you definitely won't make it by rolling no matter what you do. I experimented many times, even running at "whirling leg" speed up that curve wasn't quite enough. The game basically forces you to spin-dash up that curve.

On one of the upper paths, I was at the edge of a cliff, but I had no idea the floor would crumble.

While falling down, I held down right, and got caught in this floating inaccessible part of the stage lol.

Very weird, but I'd hardly call it a hilarious glitch, just a weird one.

EDIT: This happened on one of the 2D sections of Modern's stage.

Just after the homing attack chain on the upper path, right? I too fell here on the collapsing platform, panicked and pressed the boost button, only to be stuck in the wall unable to move.

One thing I'm curious about is where the "hidden goal ring" and Red ring will be in Green Hill Zone act 1, as it's mentioned in the achievements. It likely is not in the demo since no one found it, but wonder where it will be placed in the final.

"Hey peepz, I'm Omo-KO the Fairy and I'm here to give y'all advice! Press the A button to jump and press the power button to turn on your system! Follow my expert advice and you'll speed-run the entire game in under 4 seconds. Like a boss"

HOW DO YOU DO TRICKS AS CLASSIC SONIC???!

Edited by Blue Blood

Hitting enemies at a certain (very high) speed and angle triggers it, but other things do it as well. It is a glitch, and a leftover from the homing attack.

Nope. It can happen on the first hit.

OK, thank you :)

lol, I was just messing around in the M.GHZ and found out you can actually slide right the way around the corkscrew. Not a glitch or anything, but funny/weird to see.

Classic Sonic also does a trick when you hit an enemy just as you touch the floor. it's a timing thing.

Edited by ENVY

I saw someone mention that they found Modern Sonic sluggish at jumping when he has the boost...is this deliberately programmed as a counter to the benefits of boost? Or some kind of glitch? I've noticed it on my system as well.

btw, I have the 360 demo.

Classic Sonic also does a trick when you hit an enemy just as you touch the floor. it's a timing thing.

Modern Sonic does this too. It's just had it happen twice. Once- once with a Motobug, one with a Puprle Rock.

Just realized that modern sonic doesn't have the double B spin kick from unleashed anymore. And nothing of value was lost.

Just realized that modern sonic doesn't have the double B spin kick from unleashed anymore. And nothing of value was lost.

• Thumbs Up 1

I believe this has been said before, but why is it that Modern Sonic's slide, a manoeuvre used for nothing more than to slide under gaps and maybe kill the occasional ground enemy if you really really don't want to boost or Homing Attack them, is able to build and retain its momentum better than Classic Sonic's roll, an absolutely fundamental aspect to the way he moves and controls?

Seriously. Lolwut Sega and Sonic Team?

I believe this has been said before, but why is it that Modern Sonic's slide, a manoeuvre used for nothing more than to slide under gaps and maybe kill the occasional ground enemy if you really really don't want to boost or Homing Attack them, is able to build and retain its momentum better than Classic Sonic's roll, an absolutely fundamental aspect to the way he moves and controls?

Seriously. Lolwut Sega and Sonic Team?

Noticing that sonic's slide can gain momentum,

It gives me some slight hope that the next 3D sonic game will use that for a physics based 3D sonic game.