Awoo.

modern demo?

jords

It picks up speed better than rolling, but as far as retaining speed goes it's just as bad.

Yeah that's true, but it's not designed to retain that much speed. It would be like a free but slightly weaker version of the boost. Just run to top speed then press the slide button and you can just plough through stuff with no cost. And as I said, it's a tool designed solely for sliding under low gaps. The fact that it's better programmed than the roll is just odd.

Edited by SiLeNtDo0m

Quick question. Will this new demo stay on XBL Markeplace permanently or temporary like the first one did?

The first one was just a special treat for Sonic's birthday, so it was only up for 20 days and was only supposed to be playable for those 20 days. This is a regular demo like lots of other games get, so it should be up there for a long time to come.

Quick question. Will this new demo stay on XBL Markeplace permanently or temporary like the first one did?

I think its permanently, at least I haven't seen anything that says otherwise.

Edit:ph34r.png oh well tongue.png

Edited by redhellc

Thanks. I'll make sure I can add it to my download queue before I get my 360 console back on Holiday break.

Edited by S Chrono

Yes it will...this is the OFFICIAL demo representing Sonic Generations smile.png

EDIT: TRIPLE NINJA'D! Wow...that must be a record laugh.png

Videogamer.com's Sonic Generations Extended Play:

http://www.videogame...ended_play.html

They pronounce Chao as 'Kayo' and call Omochao a fairy.laugh.png

LMAO! They're so silly, in a good way. That vid was hilarious!

Edited by KrazyBean14
  • Thumbs Up 1

Videogamer.com's Sonic Generations Extended Play:

http://www.videogame...ended_play.html

They pronounce Chao as 'Kayo' and call Omochao a fairy.laugh.png

I watched that video, funny by the way....and the first thing I thought to myself was...............................................NOOOOOB! Kayo? Omochao being a fairy? (Okay that would make more sense in this game) And side stepping the first set of rings. It was so below average that I couldn't hold any attempt to laugh in. Great stuff. We need more funny previews like that.

The guy has never played sonic 2? blink.png

• Thumbs Up 1

I can actually feel you on this... interestingly though some people prefer it like this due to "might be too fast "argument, but there's a possibility that Sonic may get something that makes him actually move faster or something in the skill shop. Either way I don't have much of a issue with it do to the act that the intense motion blur causes Sonic to be the focal point so everything seems to slow down in front of you while your moving if your looking at Sonic only and not whats ahead of him . I like to think of it from viewing the world from is perspective and at the same time this makes judging things from a distance a bit easier to do when moving quickly.

Infact now that you mention it they kinda did that to some degree with Classic Sonic. The world zips by around you, but when you focus on C Sonic everything kinda slows down for me.

I have the opposite problem in a lot of cases, looking directly at Sonic causes me to get tunnel vision which is really bad in a 2D game. I had to train myself to look ahead. Well, saying "train" makes it sound more involved than it was, but it was an adjustment I had to make.

But that's not really what I meant, I meant that Sonic feels slow unless there's something forcing him, particularly when you have to jump. The air just seems to drag him down.

Have you guys tried doing this gllitch yet?

That bit at the end vaguely looks like I'd want a Sonic game to work. Sorta. Going way up in the air, seeing a big chunk of the level.

That bit at the end vaguely looks like I'd want a Sonic game to work. Sorta. Going way up in the air, seeing a big chunk of the level.

That happens in Modern City Escape. And its even more glorious. :)

Am I the only one that thinks that Modern Sonic is a little too stiff? Sure, he still controls very well, and better then Colors and Unleashed combined, but I feel that they went too far in the other direction. Sonic cannot turn at low speeds (without the drift) without dropping to a snail's pace, and I wish he was just a little more sensitive in his turning, to me, it just makes him feel a little too heavy.

Has anyone noticed that if you wait long enough in the "game over" screen it starts to make a tick-tock sound as ominous music plays. Perhaps the time eater mocking your defeat :3

• Thumbs Up 1

Just downloaded and played the demo (PS3).

I suppose it could just be the PS3's controller, but I felt that both Sonics were a bit stiff in movement and with an ever-so-slight delay. I dunno, I thought the same about UnleashedHD whenever I played it's PS3 demo, but I know how that came out on the 360.

Also, is it me (again), or does modern Sonic slightly pull a 'Sonic 4' whenever you jump and let go of the analog stick?

Good pointers? I loved the crap out of modern Sonic's turning skills, even if there was very little room to mess with it, being GHZ and all. And, the Spindash Drift is awesome and so is pulling tricks, although I'll have to get used to both. And speaking of which, I tripped up a lot due to being used to A-->X from UnleashedHD as well as being used to bumper rail switching, and a more overpowered boost. Not saying either of those things are bad by any means, but it may take a while for my head to wrap around them after playing SU for so long. tongue.png

Edited by Azukara
  • Thumbs Up 1

I suppose it could just be the PS3's controller, but I felt that both Sonics were a bit stiff in movement and with an ever-so-slight delay. I dunno, I thought the same about UnleashedHD whenever I played it's PS3 demo, but I know how that came out on the 360.

I'm sure that's an issue with the PS3 version of the game, or your TV. It was reported a lot with the PS3 version of the old demo, and it's a common problem with some HDTVs.

I'm sure that's an issue with the PS3 version of the game, or your TV. It was reported a lot with the PS3 version of the old demo, and it's a common problem with some HDTVs.

Yep, some TV's have a few millisecond response-lag.

Has anyone noticed that if you wait long enough in the "game over" screen it starts to make a tick-tock sound as ominous music plays. Perhaps the time eater mocking your defeat :3

Thankfully my LG 37" inch doesn't have any and if it has i can't notice it at all.

In the final game the same thing applies? or we are going to see some difference?

Lag induced by the specific TV can't be fixed, lag induced by the game can be fixed but won't be fixed for the final build.

Really? The Game Over music doesn't have a remix of the Game Over music?