Awoo.

modern demo?

jords

Did anyone else notice how Sonic doesn't move his ankles so hit feet are flat on the ground in this game? In Unleashed he did, so it didn't look like he was miraculously flying above sloped paths, but this time he doesn't, and it's kinda annoying to see that detail scrapped.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 2

Did anyone else notice how Sonic doesn't move his ankles so hit feet are flat on the ground in this game? In Unleashed he did, so it didn't look like he was miraculously flying above sloped paths, but this time he doesn't, and it's kinda annoying to see that detail scrapped.

One of the first things I noticed. As well as the removal of Sonic's blue streak whenever you stomped and boosted. I loved doing that in Unleashed.

What? He still does it from the demo I played!

I was messing around at the bridge and he's do the same thing he did in Unleashed, I could try it on slopes later...

V0yant needs to chill the fuck down. Dio was simply saying he can do the same thing in Green Hill as many levels in Unleashed >>

V0yant needs to chill the fuck down. Dio was simply saying he can do the same thing in Green Hill as many levels in Unleashed >>

Its more than that...I'll take to PMs.

Edited by V0YANT

What? He still does it from the demo I played!

I was messing around at the bridge and he's do the same thing he did in Unleashed, I could try it on slopes later...

I'm at the waterfall section before the cave, the floating slanted path beneath the last grind rail, and you're right, Sonic is aligning his feet to the ground. But I've definitely noticed it not happening a lot too.

Do you have a comparison video or something to further explain about the moving of the ankles? I really want to know what you mean about that. I've never noticed that.

Do you have a comparison video or something to further explain about the moving of the ankles? I really want to know what you mean about that. I've never noticed that.

No, but I have a picture I quickly drew in of the awfulness of Windows 7 Paint to illustrate what I'm saying-

slopefeet.png

EDIT: Good bloody Lord, does that even make any sense? Bolded parts are the typos/etc I fixed.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 6

No, but I have a picture I quickly of the awfulness of Windows 7 Pain to illustrate what I'm saying-

slopefeet.png

Oh, Blue Blood! Don't forget Sonic 4!

5z0g48.jpg

So uhm, yeah. Still trying to beat 1:55 on that modern demo. ^_^ I'm trying pretty hard to follow those other speedruns, but I can't seem to time my jumps right.

Edited by Indigo Generations
  • Thumbs Up 4

No, but I have a picture I quickly of the awfulness of Windows 7 Pain to illustrate what I'm saying-

slopefeet.png

Hahha okay. I get what you're trying to say now. Nice drawing btw. biggrin.png

Oh, Blue Blood! Don't forget Sonic 4!

5z0g48.jpg

So uhm, yeah. Still trying to beat 1:55 on that modern demo. happy.png I'm trying pretty hard to follow those other speedruns, but I can't seem to time my jumps right.

Now I understand that this game doesn't have physics 1:1 with the Classics but...ahhh...

Yeah....take it what you will.

.....dat momentum.

Edited by V0YANT
  • Thumbs Up 5

Now I understand that this game doesn't have physics 1:1 with the Classics but...ahhh...

.....dat momentum.

• Thumbs Up 1

.....dat momentum.

SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! 0_0

Fuck if anyone can say the physics are broken. Now if only rolling worked as well as the Skateboard, which accelerates massively on any kind of slope.

.....dat momentum.

.....dat momentum.

Considering Unleashed isn't similar at all in terms of level design, I haven't the slightest how your argument is supposed to make sense either.

Edit: And hell, let's make this easy. Before you continue this debate, find me the Unleashed equivalent of Sky Sanctuary. If you can do that for me, I'll gladly carry on.

Edited by Phos

I don't see this schism you allude to, The only difference I see is that once on a blue moon you have an area that you have to jump a few times in to ascend. That, or just remember the route to hit the ring that skips it outright.

Yeah, because all of us have clearly played this game in it's entirety.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh christ, that line gets dumber by the second. Between the demo and all the videos we've seen, even now we can't possibly judge the game? Not even a little?

edit:

vvv quiet, you.

Edited by Diogenes