Awoo.

modern demo?

jords

The closest I can give you is Speed Highway's "At Dawn". It's short, but it illustrates what I'm driving at. It's also the part absent from Generations.

How do you know wether or not it's absent?

I would actually say that they do. The areas are 2 dimensional left to right fair, but they have a more logical construction than levels in most similar games. You can tell how high or low you are in a level, and it actually matters because there's stuff there that you could reach.

I know what the level design offers is a great deal more than what other games of the time offered. I've seen the level maps. However, it doesn't offer exploration. There are multitude of discrete routes that you can take, which intersect at various intervals. Sure there are special stage rings hidden in the stages, but they barely count as exploration. Certainly, exploration is not the focus of the level design.

A 2D game that offered exploration would be something like Symphony Of The Night or most Metroid games. These are completely different from Sonic games and are trying to acheive different things.

You've still failed to explain to me, what the problem with Sky Sanctuary's level design is. I know that you think its a series of roads connected together over a large void. What exactly is wrong with that. It certainly looks entertaining and challenging in its own right. Does the level design need to accomodate 'exploration' and uniformly distributed areas, rather than paths/routes/roads to be good? If so, why?

The closest I can give you is Speed Highway's "At Dawn". It's short, but it illustrates what I'm driving at. It's also the part absent from Generations.

Which is the most boring and unentertaining part of the stage in my humblest opinion. It is painfully obvious that, that section of the stage was designed for Knux's emerald hunts. There is very little by the way of actual level design. It is just a series of buildings that you can sometimes run on by going quickly enough. The major problem with it, is the fact that you can avoid all the challenge and fun of jumping across the rooftops by just running along the floor, which is ultimately much easier and faster. The rest of the stage is much better designed. Its much more fluid and generally entertaining.

Anyway, you cannot be sure that its actually missing from the stage until you've seen it. So far we've seen little more than a few seconds of the stage.

Edited by Scar
  • Thumbs Up 2

Finally got to play the demo. Wow, Modern Sonic feels a lot tighter than Colors ever did. Controls like a dream. Took a bit of getting used to, but I had a lot of fun playing as him. I wish there were more opportunities to do the Spin Dash Drift. I loved that move. It kinda felt like Classic Sonic's jumping felt more closer to how it was in the original games, but I didn't play him as much as Modern.

Edited by Ryusuke

Finally got to play the demo. Wow, Modern Sonic feels a lot tighter than Colors ever did. Controls like a dream. Took a bit of getting used to, but I had a lot of fun playing as him. I wish there were more opportunities to do the Spin Dash Drift. I loved that move. It kinda felt like Classic Sonic's jumping felt more closer to how it was in the original games, but I didn't play him as much as Modern.

There's loads of opportunities to do the Drift!

Look:

• Thumbs Up 1

Has anyone been able to download the PS3 demo?

I've been trying to, but it doesn't seem to show up on the game store.unsure.png

Wha? :huh: You are using EU or US store? Oh and try search function.

Wha? huh.png You are using EU or US store? Oh and try search function.

I'm from the US (technically) and yes i already did search for it.

Edited by Revlis1

I'm from the US (technically) and yes i already did search for it.

Just make an EU account account to download the demo. You could have been playing it a week earlier. :P

It isn't out in US, Just EU

It's out in the Americas today.

Edited by Blue Blood

Has anyone been able to download the PS3 demo?

I've been trying to, but it doesn't seem to show up on the game store.unsure.png

I'm not seeing it either. PSN sometimes takes forever to update, I'm afraid <_<

It's up now. I absolutely love it, just one little thing...

WHY OH WHY CAN'T OMOCHAO BE TURNED OFF!? If there is some super-secret hidden way to do so, I will be forever in your debt. (And no, I can't "just avoid him." In the classic stages, he tends to be right in the way)

Edited by Speederino

WHY OH WHY CAN'T OMOCHAO BE TURNED OFF!? If there is some super-secret hidden way to do so, I will be forever in your debt. (And no, I can't "just avoid him." In the classic stages, he tends to be right in the way)

You can avoid him entirely in the Classic stage. Jump over him at the start and take the upper routes. You can't avoid him in the Modern one though. It's not a big deal either way- you CAN disable him in the full game. Menu textures prove that.

You can avoid him entirely in the Classic stage. Jump over him at the start and take the upper routes. You can't avoid him in the Modern one though. It's not a big deal either way- you CAN disable him in the full game. Menu textures prove that.

Well, that's good at least. So I wont have him telling me that RINGS MAKES U LIVE the entire fucking game.

Edited by Speederino

Good thing you can disable thing in the real game, otherwise im sure the reviews would deduct 5 points, just for how annoying that is XD

Good thing you can disable thing in the real game, otherwise im sure the reviews would deduct 5 points, just for how annoying that is XD

Edited by KrazyBean14
  • Thumbs Up 1