Awoo.

Sonic's ideal characterization topic

Chaos Warp

You've already been answered back.

That's how friends behave. Maybe not you and yours, but certainly mine and mine's or Nep and hers. We're together through thick and thin, but damn it if we're not going to have fun calling each other cockheads and threatening bloody murder through it all.

EDIT:

Advesonico, this might be a language problem. A game being void of story doesn't mean it's void of emotions, a game having its emotional scenes badly written doesn't mean it's void of emotions, etc.

If by your standards this is okay, then all of you must be cartoony one-dimensional stereotypes, because that's what they are.

There are plenty of things you can say against SLoW's story, but "empty of emotions" is not one of them.

I think if you take Lost Worlds' (or Colours') story, summarize or retell it and leave it to the reader/listener to fill in the blanks, it might become an "emotional" experience. But the way the game is presented as is - with short scenes that all try to stand for themselves, that are interconnected with basically unrelated zones - makes it very difficult to get emotionally involved.

If I watch the snippets you posted without considering the rest of the game, they actually appear to be much more than they really are when seen in context. And that, to me, is definitely not the way it should be.

I'm not trying to steal Moderators' job, but I'd want to suggest to continue the discussion about Colours, Lost World and whatnot in this thread

If by your standards this is okay, then all of you must be cartoony one-dimensional stereotypes, because that's what they are.

My anatomy might be misshapen and lumpy, but I don't know if I'm quite a one-dimensional cartoony stereotype. Give me your mail and I'll send you some nudes so you can confirm.

• Thumbs Up 1

The way I see it, the current portrayals of Sonic and Tails are, if anything, a lot less snarky with each other than a lot of best friends in real life, or fiction for that matter. I can't really think of any point where things got truly or overwhelmingly mean spirited between them.

But then again, I don't really get the complaints about Sonic being "mean" to Eggman and the D6, either, so...*shrug*

I wouldn't say Sonic & Tails themselves are mean to Eggman, but the plot sure likes to take the piss out of him.

Haha, that's cute.

I agree with your general point that things need to be balanced, but considering not everyone's going to agree on what tropes or concepts are "too dark" or "too light" or whatever, it's not exactly that simple. There are people who think Sonic Adventure 2 is too dark, which I can't wrap my head around, but it's not the end of the world...

...wait. *refreshes page* Ah, I just remembered the reason I was so annoyed in the first place; you using that extremely shitty "stereotypical gamer being mad about popular opinions" site you linked to earlier to back up your points.

-No need to be defensive. I doubt many people actually take the time to actually understand cool, so it's easier to just generalize it or ask what it is. Then again, I did post that Sly Cooper video for a good example of being cool.

-True, but the fact of it is that it isn't that dark, and complaining about it while promoting the kiddeir side of things isn't doing the series any favors.

-The fact of the matter is that it has accurate articulations on the subject, and to be honest, I never knew gamers ranting was a problem, it certainly never was when people talked smack about Shadow and 06, but as soon as it goes against the popular opinion, then people start to care about the posters attitude. I suppose I could translate it in a more, nicer, manner, but I'd still be getting the same point across, and you's still be asking what I mean since you have a vague understanding of what cool is. And no, when I say cool, it has nothing to do with popular trends in every few years, I mean characteristics, actions, tone, etc. in Sonic case, again, the balance, which we seem to have a certain level of understanding on.

I think you missed the point of why I said I wasn't talking to you.

>Lost Mind

What amazing scathing critique. Give the man an award. Here's a suggestion- write "The Angry Video Game Nerd did the cussing-out angry critique man role better" on it with a sharpie.

- Ironically, I was quoting Real Actual Princess Peach. You two aren't operating a group are ya?

- Doesn't change anything. The game was out of it's mind.

• Thumbs Up 1

Considering what's popular is post-post-post-post-irony, I'd say Sonic's still successfully cool nowadays, exactly by being lame. He's lame-cool, which is ironic, which is cool.

What in the world is this.....

Ok I can safely say many of you are woefully off point with the point of this thread and have suddenly turned this into a debate about humor. sigh* not again guys...not again..

Being anal and psychoanalyzing every facet of Colors/SLW humor is getting us nowhere. Aside from that, the humor is only one aspect of what made SLW so horridly unappealing. 

Here's what I have to say on the matter:

A good writer takes all facets of a narrative into account  Humor, action, emotion, plot logic, characterization etc. Humor crafting is simply one facet in the overall crafting of a fiction narrative. One single facet isn't more important than any of the other facets. Sonic games having humor? I'm all for it! In fact, I encourage it. One detail though: Since Sonic is a "man of action" archetype the humor must work within the context of his universe, meaning that it has to be primarily "situational" Depending on what situation Sonic finds himself in, the logical reaction to these situations should be woven into the humor. Sonic's interactions with the characters and encountering their various personalities and quirks is more than enough to open the doors for some tasteful humor that isn't the cliche "insult the bad guy" potshots. Also I say that visual humor and even some subtle irony can work if the scenes are dynamic enough. Even some dry humor (which would probably work best for Shadow) is permissible if it is written with a respect to the character and a grasp on the character's universe. The AoStH humor was funny to a degree, I will admit. What made it funny was it's surprisingly adept mesh of visual and verbal humor which still to this day get me to smile at the sheer ridiculousness of it. Of course Sonic in the games isn't nearly as zany, nor should he be. My point is that their is more to jokes than standing up, delivering punchlines and fishing for giggles. Humor is much more intricate than one might think.

Humor is a tool to lighten the mood of a serious situation or highlight a certain character's joviality. If the overall product is a light, whimsical and candy filled adventure of fun, what use is it to have the character go excessive on the jokes and further prove to the players/readers/watchers that this is indeed a light, whimsical and candy filled adventure of fun? It makes no sense for the characters themselves to reinforce tirelessly that this is a light adventure if the setting and writing is already doing so. It comes off equally as "tryhard" as one might find Shadow's game to come off as. The same could be said in the case of that game: If the setting was dark, why did we need a gun toting Shadow who used mild swears to remind us that this was indeed a darker Sonic game? It comes off as excessive. 

I also want to stress the point that if you have the talent for writing fiction, these things naturally get taken care of. Humor is simply just another point in a story that needs care just as dialogue, plot, tone, characterization, what have you. It isn't deserving of anymore attention than any of the other elements that goes towards a good story. If you intended on writing a humor-centric series like Spongebob then perhaps my point is invalid but seeing as how Sonic has never been so retarded (even AoStH made more sense occasionally) This does not apply in this case. Sonic even in the Vintage days had a balanced tone to them. Re-evaluate some of the Zones in the Vintage titles; many of them use coloring to their artistic advantage and craft some highly beautiful scenery that doesn't focus on making itself look like a platforming version of Candyland. I would like to take this time to highlight Rayman for the PS1 (and any other system seeing as how it has been ported 6 Quintilian times.) Rayman is the EPITOME of lighthearted platformer and it treats itself as such...well at least until the end I suppose. 

Here are a video for reference. I urge EVERYONE here to watch it for at least 4 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzhySfNZyRI

THAT is lighthearted folks. Sonic was never even remotely like this. Do I hate Rayman? Absolutely not! Because it knew it was lighthearted, stayed that way throughout and did it tastefully, unlike any of the recent Sonic games. The game's music, artstyle, fluid cartoony animations, and the overall presentation come together to create one of the most appealing 2D platformers ever birthed. Rayman is still a marvel and a beauty to gaze upon to this day. Hard as morning wood but a beauty nonetheless! (Lowbrow humor count: 1)

But....Observe Rayman 2: The Great Escape. PLEASE I would appreciate if we could all watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEXC3ALAmDw

This is only the very next title people! The game is far darker than its predecessor and this level in particular really proves it. The stakes are higher and thus the game must reflect that. But it still shares the fundamentals with it's first entry. The game's overall presentation mix together to create one of the most exciting, entrancing and engaging 3D platformers of our age! I literally suffered that entire game on my iPod just to see what happened next and how Rayman's world would survive it's devastation. It all comes down to execution. Ubisoft understood that a game's tone can change from game to game; the only thing that needs to be fretted over is how it is done. Rayman 1 and 2 have full confidence in their tone and the execution proves it. Both are flawless in terms of presentation and content. Do I dare say that they rival the artistic expression and execution of Sonic 3 & Knuckles...?

I have no issue with jokes in Sonic games. Jokes are a normal part of fiction. No qualms with it whatsoever. What I do have qualms with is the insecurity of it's own identity. Sonic Colors irks many people with the 4th wall breaks because it feels as if Sonic is conversing with the audience on how silly the entire game is along with the universe in general. Sonic never taking anything 100% seriously in Colors was annoying because it was 1 dimensional and lazy to write in such a manner. It feels insecure because everyone is literally making jokes and taking the tension away. Eggman's plot of sapping away an alien lifeforce and callously leaving behind a completely barren wasteland filled with lifeless wisps is a VERY compelling plot and makes for some great moments...but it is all ruined by the fact that the characters are once again, over-confirming to the players that this is a "light, whimsical and candy filled adventure of fun." Eggman literally makes a fool of himself by creating a simple, fail-proof plan...and invites his mortal enemy to ruin the aforementioned plan. That was a potshot at "lol Eggmanz is a Jeenyiss but he is dumz tew!!" trend we have in the games as of late. Sonic isn't much better since he is literally spouting jokes to once again remind everyone that this is a lighthearted game rather than actually being good on it's own merits. The fun atmosphere wasn't an issue with Colors. The overloading of tone confirmation was the issue. The tone and setting was more than enough. The character's didnt need to become something they weren't inorder to let the players know that this game has a separate tone than say "Shadow the Hedgehog" The generic "Pontac" humor has no place in the series as it is not a good fit. The character's aren't cliche enough to be reduced to corny jokes. Sonic is too dynamic and extroverted to just stand around and tell snide remarks to Eggman over and over again. Knuckles has been developed too far to be reduced to "Hey! There are things inside these things!!"

To get on topic. Sonic needs a characterization that varies on the situation. Ok I get that he is cocky and a jackass at times, but let's not just ram that in haphazardly without any thought to the situation he's in or what he's facing. Don' let it become a default, automated trait that is there for the sake of being there.

Thank you for reading. I am an aspiring fiction writer so I have analyzed this situation on more than one occasion. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Considering what's popular is post-post-post-post-irony, I'd say Sonic's still successfully cool nowadays, exactly by being lame. He's lame-cool, which is ironic, which is cool.

This type of "coolness" has done nothing but fuel the Sanic memes. Like really...

• Thumbs Up 2

And? The argument being given here is "Sonic needs to be cool". Well, I'm sorry, but what's cool nowadays is memes, ironic use of memes, ironic use of what's considered lame, and earnest use of what was lame before. Just look at the amount of youtube comments going "I MAY BE 14 BUT TRULY I LOVE VILLAGE PEOPLE MORE THAN MODERN MUSIC THAT HIT ME LIKE AN ARROW IN THE KNEE".

Wow such no Adventure

very pandering to classic fans

wow

Good thing you brought up kids, Heru Sankofa actually played Lost Mind with a kid. Hilarity ensued.

http://conflictingviews.wordpress.com/2014/05/22/what-one-kid-thinks-of-sonics-lost-mind/

"After more blood, sweat, and tears, we FINALLY got passed it, and went on to fight Zik. This fight was pretty tedious, but what tickled me was when Runt was going on about “Why does the old guy use fruit? I thought he was a ninja!” That he got from the low quality cutscenes they managed to shove into the handheld version. Blurrier than a youtube video."

... Yeah, any "source" that refers to something in such a childish detractor nickname (Sonic's Lost Mind--really?) and uses the account of a single sample individual to spin their obviously, heavily biased viewpoint of said thing and those who like it is not something that's being done in good faith. It's certainly not something that I'm gonna take seriously.

• Thumbs Up 1

And? The argument being given here is "Sonic needs to be cool". Well, I'm sorry, but what's cool nowadays is memes, ironic use of memes, ironic use of what's considered lame, and earnest use of what was lame before. Just look at the amount of youtube comments going "I MAY BE 14 BUT TRULY I LOVE VILLAGE PEOPLE MORE THAN MODERN MUSIC THAT HIT ME LIKE AN ARROW IN THE KNEE".

Wow such no Adventure

very pandering to classic fans

wow

Again, confusing what the masses like with trendy, evershifting internet culture.

Okay, no.

All that's been going on in here has been borderline attacking, rude and condescending remarks lashed back and forth, intentionally missing points for the sake of arguing even more on the subject, immature statements and namecalling meant to start scuffles, and whatever else. This is happening in varying amounts from both sides of the argument, so stop. Now.

As for the newcomers here, I'm finding it really strange that a lot of you suddenly joined this forum and just so happened to gang up with this one person to defend your position in a really rude manner. If you'd read the rules you'd understand that while we have open arms for bringing more people into our community, doing it primarily to cause fights and heated arguments because one of your guy's arguments isn't holding a candle does not help your image here, especially if you can't debate without mudslinging. Granted, that's if you guys even had any relation to each other before this, but even so, it's one strange coincidence.

Be more respectful, and learn some tact to your arguments. All of you. I shouldn't even have to tell more seasoned members this.

Didn't read my comment did you?

I was hoping to get some intelligent discussion going...but no dice.

• Thumbs Up 1

Didn't read my comment did you?

I was hoping to get some intelligent discussion going...but no dice.

I did read your comment, and I wasn't talking to you.

Don't pin me as one of the things keeping from "intelligent discussion going" when my purpose was to stop the stupid junk going on, man. :T

Again, confusing what the masses like with trendy, evershifting internet culture.

Nowadays they're the same thing. To the point of predictability, often- popular on 4chan/youtube first, then reddit, then 9gag, then Facebook, then classrooms all over the world. Trying to go in search of some ethereal cool for Sonic is nonsense when Sonic IS cool right now- he hits all the notes cool products in this day and age hit. Hell, it's why there's being this deluge of SEGA attention- they noticed after the constant falling in popularity and notability until 2008, he's been on the rise, so new cartoon, movie, etc.

Nowadays they're the same thing. To the point of predictability, often- popular on 4chan/youtube first, then reddit, then 9gag, then Facebook, then classrooms all over the world. Trying to go in search of some ethereal cool for Sonic is nonsense when Sonic IS cool right now- he hits all the notes cool products in this day and age hit. Hell, it's why there's being this deluge of SEGA attention- they noticed after the constant falling in popularity and notability until 2008, he's been on the rise, so new cartoon, movie, etc.

Ok then. Simple question.

Why do things like Superman, Spiderman, Wolverine, Mario, Batman, and even Transformers and wrestlers remain relevant to this day among kids without the use of "internet meme" humor while Sonic and his "copyright law" jokes fall flat and push interest to all time lows? 

Obviously internet humor is not what sets the standard for what's cool. If it did, it would be infecting all media which to some degree it has, but not enough to say its the main source for non-internet media humor. Sonic can get more creative with it's humor. Period. Internet Humor doesn't and won't save a non-funny series no matter how much of it is crammed inside. Simple as that. That Gumball show has annoying "meme" humor and it still manages to get a smile out of me on occasion. Like I said, humor is one facet that needs crafting in a narrative. It does NOT deserve more attention than any other aspect.

If "Rings!! NOMOMOMOMOMOM! was so hehaw hilarious, where are the kids laughing at it? I haven't seen one. Even my sister said that was lame....and she has pretty bad taste. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Then you don't want Sonic to be cool, you want him to be more than that. "Cool" is inherently connected to what's trendy in a specific time. 

Coolness is an admired aesthetic of attitude, behavior, comportment, appearance and style, influenced by and a product of the Zeitgeist.

(Wikipedia)

I do agree that Sonic needs to be beyond that. Which is why the argument being posted here, not necessarily by you, that the current direction Sonic is in is bad because it's not cool is absurd- not only is he cool, but being cool is not even something to aim for in terms of wanting your product to have more longevity than a couple years.

Otherwise people'd still be playing Gex.

Then you don't want Sonic to be cool, you want him to be more than that. "Cool" is inherently connected to what's trendy in a specific time. 

Otherwise people'd still be playing Gex.

You just noted why people aren't. Because it didn't have a sense of cool that could stand the test of time. Gex was trendy 90's symbol and to some degree, Sonic is as well. But Sonic is an icon that can take on some modern things as well and has done so.

Is Grinding still cool? Yeah.

Are speedsters still endearing in today's culture? Heck yeah.

Are anthros as popular as they were back in the day? Hmmm...debatable but I say not really.

Is action and robots and monsters and super strong attacks and smart talking still cool? The answer is yes. The Transformers prove it. DBZ prove it. Superheores prove it. All sorts of media prove that what is "cool" doesn't change too dramatically over the years. Some things don't go out of style.

Sonic needs to exploit what is still considered cool because Sonic still has it. Drop what is outdated and keep what is timeless. It's quite simple considering what we consider cool is more times than not accepted automatically by the younger kids. They want to play what they see their older peers getting hyped up to play.

And I don't see why kids MUST play Sonic. If kid's don't like it, oh well. Don't force it on them. Adapt the series for the older fans. Simple.

• Thumbs Up 2

The fact of the matter is that it has accurate articulations on the subject, and to be honest, I never knew gamers ranting was a problem, it certainly never was when people talked smack about Shadow and 06, but as soon as it goes against the popular opinion, then people start to care about the posters attitude.

I'm a million times more concerned with that writer's super edgy & (intentionally, I imagine) offensive language/statements than whatever opinion they have on Sonic the Hedgehog. But because of this I can't take the actual point of the articles you're linking to seriously, at all. Even when I did look past all that bullshit, it was basically someone just saying they don't like the current direction. Alright? Any of the legitimate points being made by that site have been made elsewhere in the fandom, and without all the insults, so why should I care?

Speaking of which, more than a few people feel that rants on ShTH and '06 got old years ago. There's literally nothing new to be said about them at this point, after all.

Obviously internet humor is not what sets the standard for what's cool. If it did, it would be infecting all media which to some degree it has, but not enough to say its the main source for non-internet media humor. Sonic can get more creative with it's humor. Period. Internet Humor doesn't and won't save a non-funny series no matter how much of it is crammed inside. Simple as that. That Gumball show has annoying "meme" humor and it still manages to get a smile out of me on occasion. Like I said, humor is one facet that needs crafting in a narrative. It does NOT deserve more attention than any other aspect.

If "Rings!! NOMOMOMOMOMOM! was so hehaw hilarious, where are the kids laughing at it? I haven't seen one. Even my sister said that was lame....and she has pretty bad taste.

???

What about any of this is "internet" humour, exactly? I mean, they become memetic through the internet after we find out about it, but still. Unless you're arguing that they're "intended" to go through the memetic phase, which I've seen some people criticize in regards to other franchises, but the thing is--doesn't that just boil down to making something funny? It's really only after it's been overused that it's a (really annoying) problem.

Now, if we were talking referential humour, such as in the Archie comics at times (i.e. the SA2 Knuckles raps joke in the most recent Universe issue), that I could understand being criticized even if I'm fine with it. Or perhaps any reference to existing internet memes, which I'd...be more iffy about.

• Thumbs Up 1

And I don't see why kids MUST play Sonic. If kid's don't like it, oh well. Don't force it on them. Adapt the series for the older fans. Simple.

Ignoring that that's exactly what they did (why do you think the badniks in Lost World look like they did in Sonic 1- yes that's right, there's Sonic fans older than the ones to whom Adventure is the standard), I'm sorry, there's literally no point... there's literally no way you can make a Sonic game, a good Sonic game, without kids playing it. In the sense that if the game has been made in such a way that it's no longer considering the kids, IE not even a family title, not even, I don't know, Phantasy Star, the minute this hypothetical Sonic game has been made entirely in a way that it's not made for kids to grab, it's not a Sonic game. It's a bad parody and idiocy. It's Conker's Bad Fur Day.

You don't need to make Sonic specifically for kids. But kids must always be able to play Sonic. It's part of the identity of the series itself.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think my ideal characterisation for Sonic would be his Unleashed one. In Unleashed, while he did retain his cocky and snarky nature, he was also mature and cared about his friends and showed concern and anger/aggression. I think that they nailed his character there and they almost hit that with Generations and Lost World, but slightly missed the mark IMO.

• Thumbs Up 3

Ignoring that that's exactly what they did (why do you think the badniks in Lost World look like they did in Sonic 1- yes that's right, there's Sonic fans older than the ones to whom Adventure is the standard), I'm sorry, there's literally no point... there's literally no way you can make a Sonic game, a good Sonic game, without kids playing it. In the sense that if the game has been made in such a way that it's no longer considering the kids, IE not even a family title, not even, I don't know, Phantasy Star, the minute this hypothetical Sonic game has been made entirely in a way that it's not made for kids to grab, it's not a Sonic game. It's a bad parody and idiocy. It's Conker's Bad Fur Day.

You don't need to make Sonic specifically for kids. But kids must always be able to play Sonic. It's part of the identity of the series itself.

I never even implied that the series needed to change to keep kids out. Kids play Sonic of course just not a fraction of how they used to. He isn't considered cool on their eyes. Too many conversations with kids i meet are proof of this. A game that caters to Classic and Adventure fans wouldn't be child-deterring and it certainly wouldn't be inappropriate. What is your point? Conker's Bad Fur Day?? A Non-Sequitur. A Sonic game doesn't need to become explicit in order to appeal to older fans. Why do so many fans adopt such flawed logic??? I just want Sonic to go back too having balanced tones, a sense of deepness and that signature fun attitude along with a likable cast of furries lol

Making a good game has nothing to do with who plays it in the end. I don't even see the connection lol. People play what interests them in the end and if Sonic doesn't interest children, their is no use in trying to force them to try and play the series. It's like trying to get kids to care about Pokemon. Some will, some won't. Taking things back the the Adventure route and pushing the quality up for today's standards would be a good thing. Involving established source material and building off of that is a good thing. I don't feel I need to insult you by telling what is obviously good and what is obviously bad.

MY point is this. If you base your character off of a fleeting,changing sense of "cool", he won't last. Sonic had attributes that weren't "trends" he had inherent merits that stood the test of time and those merits need to be exploited.

But I agree, Sonic was a general audience thing from day one. It's idiocy to claim he was a "kids" series and a kid's series only. He wasn't child-centric but he was child-appropriate. The series needs to get back to that in the Form of SA3, Heroes 2 a TRUE Classic title, or whatever. Just make games that don't purposefully ostracize a LARGE portion of the fanbase in favor of a nonexistent majority (Sonic Boom)

But the kids will either play the series of they won't. Not saying we need to make Sonic any kind of way so that they will feel deterred. Rather we need to keep the series consistent with what most of the fans want and attract back the old fans that lost interest after 06 and build up the fanbase by using things that remain appealing no matter the era. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I think my ideal characterisation for Sonic would be his Unleashed one. In Unleashed, while he did retain his cocky and snarky nature, he was also mature and cared about his friends and showed concern and anger/aggression. I think that they nailed his character there and they almost hit that with Generations and Lost World, but slightly missed the mark IMO.

I thoroughly agree on Unleashed. It was a great representation of Sonic's character indeed. But Generations and Lost World ? Why ?

In Gens, Sonic is so uncaring for his friends, he just save them for the sake of it, not because he cares. Nor does he care about the white void he/they are trapped in. And he's pretty selfish, since he seems to care more about his chilidog than everything else. Not to mention, he's portrayed basically as an invincible Gary Stu that can do anything perfectly.

Lost World is just....atrocious. He's selfish, immature, hypocrite,too reckless and treats everything like a joke (even too much for Sonic's standards), he makes a fuss about teaming up with Eggman, like he never did that before (SA2, Heroes, Shadow sort of, '06), he does the same stupid mistake twice, he never acknowledge it, or acknowledge it wrong. He's a mere flanderized husk of his former badass self.

He's just an imcompetent whiny self righteous dudebro. And it seems, this will be carried on in Boom....Oh God, why ?

I thoroughly agree on Unleashed. It was a great representation of Sonic's character indeed. But Generations and Lost World ? Why ?

In Gens, Sonic is so uncaring for his friends, he just save them for the sake of it, not because he cares. Nor does he care about the white void he/they are trapped in. And he's pretty selfish, since he seems to care more about his chilidog than everything else. Not to mention, he's portrayed basically as an invincible Gary Stu that can do anything perfectly.

Lost World is just....atrocious. He's selfish, immature, hypocrite,too reckless and treats everything like a joke (even too much for Sonic's standards), he makes a fuss about teaming up with Eggman, like he never did that before (SA2, Heroes, Shadow sort of, '06), he does the same stupid mistake twice, he never acknowledge it, or acknowledge it wrong. He's a mere flanderized husk of his former badass self.

He's just an imcompetent whiny self righteous dudebro. And it seems, this will be carried on in Boom....Oh God, why ?

Can you talk about the positive aspects of Unleashed instead of keep angrily complaining about how Colours, Generation, Lost World and Boom are bad? You hate them, we got it.