Awoo.

Silver's potential...

CrownSlayers Shadow

I don't know about you guys, but i think Nega is perfect for the role of being Silver's current antagonist. Heck, after being left to die in a world bursting in flames and monsters, the guy's next move is KILL SILV!wink.png

Lame Eggman Recolor deserves to die, Silver deserves a good antagonist.

Lame Eggman Recolor deserves to die, Silver deserves a good antagonist.

wow!wacko.png i used to think you hated the poor guy.rolleyes.gifheh

Silver had potential in terms of gameplay and character...he failed both in Sonic 2006 and failed character in Rivals. That's what I think at least. :P

I don't know about you guys, but i think Nega is perfect for the role of being Silver's current antagonist. Heck, after being left to die in a world bursting in flames and monsters, the guy's next move is KILL SILV!wink.png

I strongly suggest you edit that before I get a mod to either edit or delete your post, because I was NOT joking around when I made that disclaimer and I'm not going to be tested over it.

Silver had potential in terms of gameplay and character...he failed both in Sonic 2006 and failed character in Rivals. That's what I think at least. tongue.png

Actually, i believe it was S Team that failed like with the hole game in general. Silver had a lot of potential, they just didn't make good use of it until now.

I strongly suggest you edit that before I get a mod to either edit or delete your post, because I was NOT joking around when I made that disclaimer and I'm not going to be tested over it.

wait! what?wacko.png no you got me all wrong, what i ment was Nega hates Silver even more now, nothing to do with me not liking him.

I happen to be Silver's biggest fan!happy.png

Edited by Revlis1

wait! what?wacko.png no you got me all wrong, what i ment was Nega hates Silver even more now, nothing to do with me not liking him.

I happen to be Silver's biggest fan!happy.png

My bad. The way you worded it with "KILL SILV" made me think you were trying to get out a joke for something I clearly said not to do in this topic. Nevermind then.

wow!wacko.png i used to think you hated the poor guy.rolleyes.gifheh

I never said I hated him, I see potential for a good character in him.

My bad. The way you worded it with "KILL SILV" made me think you were trying to get out a joke for something I clearly said not to do in this topic. Nevermind then.

That's ok!happy.png not the first time someone mistook me for a hater.

When i said "KILL SILV" i was actually making a gag for "KILL BILL" but you probably already knew that.tongue.png heh!

What if Silver made it his mission to safeguard the futures of other worlds? And sometimes his work just happens to land him back on earth from time to time?

An intergalactic psychokinetic time-traveling space hero from the future. Yeah, that'd fit him I think.

I think part of showing Silver's potential as a character is to first find him a place as a regular in the series. And idea I would propose is to reset his back story, make him go back to the past again but with no way back, to prevent a catastrophe from happening with the help of Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy. However once he fulfills his mission he should lose his memory since reseting the future should also affect him. From this point he pretty much is free from any restraints, however to keep him as a regular he needs to be related to one of the main characters. I personally would choose to side him with Amy since she seems ideal to take care of him while he adjusts to his new condition, plus his PK abilities could be useful to perform "magic shows" while Amy does Tarot reading for a living as they travel around the world until their paths cross with Sonic to start a new adventure.

I think part of showing Silver's potential as a character is to first find him a place as a regular in the series. And idea I would propose is to reset his back story, make him go back to the past again but with no way back, to prevent a catastrophe from happening with the help of Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy. However once he fulfills his mission he should lose his memory since reseting the future should also affect him.

We're not talking amnesia again, are we? Because I think we shouldn't go around that path after already doing it with Shadow.

Plus if you want to go about how resetting the future should affect him, there are also paradoxes that we can play with. The Grandfather Paradox being a good example.

How about we make a "Silver Unleashed" game, where Silver's gameplay focuses on several Psychokinesis-based abilities, such as throwing stuff, stunning enemies, basically like his 06 gameplay. However, he could enter an unleashed mode (like the werehog, or shadow in his game,) which allows him to fly around at faster speeds, have unlimited psychokinesis, and be able to do a blast of psychokinesis like in SatBK. This would be rather interesting, particularly if he actually goes ballistic in a cutscene.

Silver the Hedgehog would be a idea for a game,

With detailed items control, it could work,

The only problem is the rage that would set off if SEGA did that sad.png

Oh, Silver, I love you, But 75% of people hate you, Just because you debuted in Sonic 06 wacko.png

Silver the Hedgehog would be a idea for a game,

With detailed items control, it could work,

The only problem is the rage that would set off if SEGA did that sad.png

Oh, Silver, I love you, But 75% of people hate you, Just because you debuted in Sonic 06 wacko.png

Ah the hell with them.

Sonic Team was smart enough to add him in this game and give him a spectacular battle with Sonic, i bet they're smart enough to even make one for him someday.smile.png

Ah the hell with them.

Sonic Team was smart enough to add him in this game and give him a spectacular battle with Sonic, i bet they're smart enough to even make one for him someday.smile.png

After Shadow's game, yeah the probability of Silver getting one is close to none.

Ah the hell with them.

Assuming that percentage was anywhere near accurate...

75% of people... do not want a Silver game... And you think it's a smart decision to make one?

Silver isn't getting a game to himself. Sonic 06's eventual final quality has little to do with that decision so much as it's to do with the fact that Silver is an annoying character who constantly yells at the top of his lungs "NOOO! I HAVE TO STOP YOU!" He's slow as mule and his move set goes from 0 to gimmick in 5 seconds.

And nobody wants to play as a slow annoying character which has a gimick move set unless he's called Big the Cat.

His appearence as a villain looks nice because boss fights are almost always uber powered up, imagine if Sonic was a villain, who knows what moves he could do.

But as for future potential, he needs to do a Riden from Metal Gear Solid, go away for a while, come back with all new abilities and a new look and take out a bunch of robot walkers with a sword, then people might like him again.

But as for future potential, he needs to do a Riden from Metal Gear Solid, go away for a while, come back with all new abilities and a new look and take out a bunch of robot walkers with a sword, then people might like him again.

I'm pretty sure the very last thing Definitely-Not-Trunks needs is a sword, and blowing up robots wasn't enough to get most people to like him in the first place. tongue.png

Agreed in principle, but... y'know.

Three pages? I'm impressed...

But as for future potential, he needs to do a Riden from Metal Gear Solid, go away for a while, come back with all new abilities...

Whoa, dude. Stop right there.

We're already dealing with a telekinetic here. Said telekinetic is capable of Chaos Control, limited Electrokinesis to stun enemies, Energy Blasts, Short range "warping", levitation/flight, and a limited degree of mindwiping via ESP in addition to his telekinesis.

Unless you plan to get rid of all his abilities and start from scratch (and I'm not supportive of that idea if he were to "do a Raiden"), exactly what new abilities could he gain when he already tips the power balance so out of proportion that he makes Shadow look limited?

and a new look and take out a bunch of robot walkers with a sword, then people might like him again.

...make him more of a badass. Got it. laugh.png

Three pages? I'm impressed...

Whoa, dude. Stop right there.

We're already dealing with a telekinetic here. Said telekinetic is capable of Chaos Control, limited Electrokinesis to stun enemies, Energy Blasts, Short range "warping", levitation/flight, and a limited degree of mindwiping via ESP in addition to his telekinesis.

By new abilities. I mean things like.

The ability to outrun a snail, or jump in the air without the feeling that he's being held to the floor by invisable bungie chords. Or maybe ride a bike.

By new abilities. I mean things like.

The ability to outrun a snail, or jump in the air without the feeling that he's being held to the floor by invisable bungie chords. Or maybe ride a bike.

bah is 06 the only Sonic game you have?huh.png

Play Generations when it comes out, you might just change your opinion about him.rolleyes.gif

bah is 06 the only Sonic game you have?huh.png

Play Generations when it comes out, you might just change your opinion about him.rolleyes.gif

Do you pay attention to anything that's said?

Silver in Generations is über powered up because he's a boss! It doesn't change a thing about him because he would never play like that in a game, if indeed Sonic Team ever get such mass depression that they think it's a good idea.

We're not talking amnesia again, are we? Because I think we shouldn't go around that path after already doing it with Shadow.

Plus if you want to go about how resetting the future should affect him, there are also paradoxes that we can play with. The Grandfather Paradox being a good example.

Funny because the amnesia card was played properly in Unleashed, which is what made Sonic and Chip become friends, form a bond and give Chip a reason to protect Sonic when he asked him to flee. The circumstances that made Shadow lose his memory where kind of sketchy at best considering how Sonic also fell from space and he didn't lose his memory.

The Grandfather Paradox is pretty much why he should stay, since altering the future does not guarantee that the same conditions that allowed his parents meet, fall in love and conceive Silver will repeat in the future, However from here the two options are: his parents never met and thus he just de-materlalizes, or for some reason beyond comprehension his parents do meet, allowing him to be born in the future and his self stuck in the past to not de-materialize. However I prefer if it comes at a price, similar to how it was handled with Blaze (sent to another dimension with her memories being reset) and since in the scenario where his parents do meet, he can keep existing, but since the conditions that allowed for it changed, his memories should be gone. At least he can keep the PK abilities, otherwise if he were to lose those as well Silver would end up as a normal hedghog without any outstanding abilities, and that is not a good thing considering how every character needs a unique skill to justify being playable without being a straight clone of Sonic.

He travels to the past, the flux-capacitor in his time-machine breaks, and he stays in the past. And there you go, he can show up as often as Sega wants him to without them having to come up with excuses about it.

And while they're at it, they should do the same with Blaze. That way, Silver and Blaze can become bros again. And like i wrote back in the distant era known as 2009:

When Silver first showed up in Sonic 06, the thing that i found compelling about the character was his immaturity and relative insecurity. The fact that these traits wasn't extremely visible was something that just made me like the character even more, since subtile personality traits is something very, very rare for Sonic characters. Overall, he seemed to have a personality that was almost unique among the characters in the series due to being pretty much realistic (due to primarly showing one type of personality on the outside but, as described in character profiles and being seen in glimpses in-game, having another type of personality underneeth).

And the most interesting aspect of his personality was something that showed up in his relationship with Blaze; namely his emotional needyness. I seem to recall that it was outright stated in an offical character profile that he was "emotionally dependent" upon Blaze, something that was also implied by in-game when Blaze says "he gets insecure when he's alone". It's not that he was a coward who didn't have the guts to fight or place himself in dangerous situtaions without her being there to help him or anything, just that he felt insecure without her emotional support.

But now that Blaze and Silver probably havent even canonically met, this aspect of Silvers personality will probably never be heard of again. And this is quite a shame if you ask me, because i found the idea of a male, physically powerfull character having this kind of dependence on a female character (who isnt even older than him, by the way) to be very interesting and something highly unexpected to see in a series like this. Some people say that this aspect of Silvers personality made him seem pathetic and, well, i could actually somewhat agree on that. But in my opinion, thats not a bad thing, because it made the character stand out in a series full of ultra-badasses.

• Thumbs Up 2

He travels to the past, the flux-capacitor in his time-machine breaks, and he stays in the past. And there you go, he can show up as often as Sega wants him to without them having to come up with excuses about it.

And while they're at it, they should do the same with Blaze. That way, Silver and Blaze can become bros again. And like i wrote back in the distant era known as 2009:

When Silver first showed up in Sonic 06, the thing that i found compelling about the character was his immaturity and relative insecurity. The fact that these traits wasn't extremely visible was something that just made me like the character even more, since subtile personality traits is something very, very rare for Sonic characters. Overall, he seemed to have a personality that was almost unique among the characters in the series due to being pretty much realistic (due to primarly showing one type of personality on the outside but, as described in character profiles and being seen in glimpses in-game, having another type of personality underneeth).

And the most interesting aspect of his personality was something that showed up in his relationship with Blaze; namely his emotional needyness. I seem to recall that it was outright stated in an offical character profile that he was "emotionally dependent" upon Blaze, something that was also implied by in-game when Blaze says "he gets insecure when he's alone". It's not that he was a coward who didn't have the guts to fight or place himself in dangerous situtaions without her being there to help him or anything, just that he felt insecure without her emotional support.

But now that Blaze and Silver probably havent even canonically met, this aspect of Silvers personality will probably never be heard of again. And this is quite a shame if you ask me, because i found the idea of a male, physically powerfull character having this kind of dependence on a female character (who isnt even older than him, by the way) to be very interesting and something highly unexpected to see in a series like this. Some people say that this aspect of Silvers personality made him seem pathetic and, well, i could actually somewhat agree on that. But in my opinion, thats not a bad thing, because it made the character stand out in a series full of ultra-badasses.

Couldnt agree more. But after Colors, Black Knight references and M&SWO, I can totally see ST making them partners by some dimensional accident.

About Silver game. Not that its impossible after Shadow's game but as Silver fan I just dont want it. Sonic characters should appear in Sonic games. Anybody remembee what happened when We wanted to know more about certain character? ShTH wasnt bad game but it milked Shadow from everything he had. Lets not repeat that mistake.