Awoo.

The Amazing Spider-Man (The Game)

Eternal EX

Okay I've been playing it for about three or four hours now, so far it's pretty much exactly what I thought it was going to be. As in "the first game but with better web-swinging and actual random crimes" Given that I loved the first game and that these were the two things I wanted to see fixed, I'm pretty happy with it overall. But I imagine some people still aren't going to be pleased with the improved web-swinging. The weblines stick to buildings now, sure, but otherwise it doesn't feel all that different from the first game. There's no real sense of momentum and physics launching you forward like in the older Spider-Man games, but once you unlock the boost you can at least get a much better sense of speed than what was in the first game.

(Momentum, physics, speed, boosting, am I talking about Spider-Man or Sonic?)

I'm just happy that random crimes and events are back, and with a pretty decent variety. My only gripe is that- on the Wii U version anyways- it's kinda hard to notice when one pops up. The map is ONLY displayed on the gamepad, and there's no noise or chime or anything that tells you to look. So there have been a few times where I've happened to glance at it and OH SHIT THAT CRIME IS ABOUT IS ABOUT TO GO AWAY! The game does sorta mildly punish you for ignoring crimes (nothing so serious that I feel like I *have* to stop every crime), so it would be nice if I had a better way to keep track of them. But again, this may very well not be a problem in other versions of the game if they have the traditional mini-maps in the corner of the screen.

tl,dr having fun so far with only a couple minor gripes

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll pick the game up when I get a PS4, or if I see the Wii U version on the cheap...or I might get it from the eShop if it's on there. Looks really good.

Okay I've been playing it for about three or four hours now, so far it's pretty much exactly what I thought it was going to be. As in "the first game but with better web-swinging and actual random crimes" Given that I loved the first game and that these were the two things I wanted to see fixed, I'm pretty happy with it overall. But I imagine some people still aren't going to be pleased with the improved web-swinging. The weblines stick to buildings now, sure, but otherwise it doesn't feel all that different from the first game. There's no real sense of momentum and physics launching you forward like in the older Spider-Man games, but once you unlock the boost you can at least get a much better sense of speed than what was in the first game.

(Momentum, physics, speed, boosting, am I talking about Spider-Man or Sonic?)

I'm just happy that random crimes and events are back, and with a pretty decent variety. My only gripe is that- on the Wii U version anyways- it's kinda hard to notice when one pops up. The map is ONLY displayed on the gamepad, and there's no noise or chime or anything that tells you to look. So there have been a few times where I've happened to glance at it and OH SHIT THAT CRIME IS ABOUT IS ABOUT TO GO AWAY! The game does sorta mildly punish you for ignoring crimes (nothing so serious that I feel like I *have* to stop every crime), so it would be nice if I had a better way to keep track of them. But again, this may very well not be a problem in other versions of the game if they have the traditional mini-maps in the corner of the screen.

tl,dr having fun so far with only a couple minor gripes

How is the graphical pop in? It seemed really bad in trailers. 

How is the graphical pop in? It seemed really bad in trailers. 

Not gonna lie, it's pretty noticeable. In fact, I feel like the graphics in general have taken a slight step backwards from the last game. A lot of the textures seem kinda simple and basic. The game still looks fine enough, but they're not pushing any system boundaries by any means.

Not gonna lie, it's pretty noticeable. In fact, I feel like the graphics in general have taken a slight step backwards from the last game. A lot of the textures seem kinda simple and basic. The game still looks fine enough, but they're not pushing any system boundaries by any means.

Ah.

Hopefully the PS4 version looks a bit better, as that will be the version I pick up if and when I pick this game up. 

Ah.

Hopefully the PS4 version looks a bit better, as that will be the version I pick up if and when I pick this game up.

The ps4 version is the same in terms of graphics (well from what I've seen from youtube). I haven't actually played the game so hey I could be wrong.

Edit: Sorry Speederino for dragging you into this

Also please mods delete this post PLEASE I don't want to see a single trace of it, I swear I don't know what was going through my head at the time.

So, as someone new to the whole "any game that came after Web of Shadows," how does this one stack up to Spider-Man 2 and Ultimate? It's been so long since I've thrown a snarky jerkwad off of the Empire State Building in a video game

And before Speederino comes to tell me I haven't played the game so on my tv it'll look better than compressed youtube, 

If Speederino means to say so, comrade, come and let him say so himself. Better to have only seen it coming than to put words in people's mouths. Nevermind the fact that bringing him up doesn't really do anything for discussion.

• Thumbs Up 1

The ps4 version is the same in terms of graphics (well from what I've seen from youtube).

And before Speederino comes to tell me I haven't played the game so on my tv it'll look better than compressed youtube, I watched those youtube videos on my ps4 on a full 1080p display, so I can see all the little differences. As for the length in my opinion of the full game I've seen I'll just wait for the inevitable ASM3 game, unless that one sucks too, and to think I really liked Shattered Dimensions.

You know, it's really not necessary to call out other members like that. It's just  teeny bit disrespectful.  Please refrain from that in the future.

• Thumbs Up 3

You know, it's really not necessary to call out other members like that. It's just teeny bit disrespectful. Please refrain from that in the future.

Apologies we kinda had a disagreement earlier and I guess I let my scorn get the best of me.

So, as someone new to the whole "any game that came after Web of Shadows," how does this one stack up to Spider-Man 2 and Ultimate? It's been so long since I've thrown a snarky jerkwad off of the Empire State Building in a video game

If Speederino means to say so, comrade, come and let him say so himself. Better to have only seen it coming than to put words in people's mouths. Nevermind the fact that bringing him up doesn't really do anything for discussion.

I've always had a problem of assuming what people think even in real life with just my parents, it's unfortunately just who I am and I really didn't't want things to escalate like this, it was just a matter of a little disagreement I should've just left where it was.

Is the swinging in this game actually good?

Cause people said ASM1's swinging was great, but when I played it it was way too simplistic and boring. All you did was just hold down the swing button, it carried you through the air and everything.

If the swinging in this game is actually good, than I might shamefully shell out $60 for this on the PS4.

Is the swinging in this game actually good?

Cause people said ASM1's swinging was great, but when I played it it was way too simplistic and boring. All you did was just hold down the swing button, it carried you through the air and everything.

If the swinging in this game is actually good, than I might shamefully shell out $60 for this on the PS4.

While it does actually attach to buildings now and has a better sense of speed, I don't think it feels all that different. I mean you can't just hold in the button now (which I never did in the first game to begin with), but there's no sense of momentum or physics like in, say, Spider-Man 2.

I think the best comparison I can make is Spider-Man 3 HD. It controls a lot like that, but it doesn't quite feel the same either.

From the gameplay footage, the swinging looks better but there's still no sense of weight or momentum - on top of that, the city's awful pop in at the street level really breaks any immersion it could bring. In a word, every element of the game just looks... disappointing.

I think it looks okay. Maybe I'll buy a pre owned Wii U copy when I pick up MK8.