Awoo.

The Amazing Spider-Man (The Game)

Eternal EX

An earlier preview did say that you didn't run out and that it shows a refilling animation when you run out but the latest preview says otherwise.

The latest preview says:

Spider-Man’s mechanical web shooters will play a big role in the game (just like they will in the film). You won’t travel around the city finding random cartridges, but rather have to go back to your apartment and refill when you have run out of them on your belt. This will be the same place where you repair your suit.

Yet the earlier one said:

The mechanical web shooters are back. There will be opportunities to upgrade your shooters throughout the games. At first you can simply hit thugs with webbing. Later it becomes more powerful and you can web parts of them to walls, etc. You won't have to worry about running out of web cartridges. In your belt, you'll have extra ones and there's a little animation showing you quickly reloading when necessary. The decision was made to have you contain the extra cartridges and not have to walk around and randomly discover ones lying around the environment. That always pulls you out of the game and just never makes sense.

Contradictions much? I wonder why they might of added something like that later in development. Or maybe the newer article played an older build or something?

Most likely, they changed it somewhat since the last article. Also, the last article said certain things like "you won't have to wander around the environment searching for web cartridges," which is true, since you go to your apartment to get them.

Also, between the wall-running/jumping/climbing, jumping, and web rush/parkour, we should be able to navigate the city fairly easily without webbing should we run out. And hopefully, we shouldn't run out the often, if there's enough web in each cartridge and enough cartridges per belt, with boss battles hopefully having unlimited webbing or web cartridge powerups.

New interview with Dee Brown by HipHopGamer. This guy really seems to like the hands off demo like everyone else did. He also did a decent job of getting some stuff out of Dee.

He asks about costumes and the Dee smiles but all he says is that there is a wardrobe in Peters apartment. Maybe collecting comic books will unlock costumes?

Spidey's animations change to represent the damage he's taking. That sounds like an amazing detail.

Spider sense was mentioned for a second.

Also, the pause screen is visible in this video.

• Thumbs Up 2

The only costume I'd find neat to unlock is the Raimi Trilogy Spidey outfit. (Or maybe a Scarlet Spider costume.)

How were the optional costumes in Shattered Dimensions? Did they have nearly as much variety as the PS1 games?

That was something I missed in the PS2 games. I know Ultimate Spider-Man had some, but they were obnoxiously difficult to unlock for one, and there were very few of them anyway.

How were the optional costumes in Shattered Dimensions? Did they have nearly as much variety as the PS1 games?

That was something I missed in the PS2 games. I know Ultimate Spider-Man had some, but they were obnoxiously difficult to unlock for one, and there were very few of them anyway.

Oh there were a ton of them. They were unlocked relatively easy, with each tier being unlocked by completing a certain number of challenges (all 180 for the last tier,) allowing you to buy 4 different costumes using spider essence, one for each spidey. Amazing had the Bombtastic Bagman, Secret Wars Spidey, and The Scarlet Spider. Ultimate had the Ultimate Spider-Man suit (original red-and-blue version,) Manga-Verse Spider-Man, and the Electro-Proof Suit (which does nothing in Electro's level. tongue.png) Noir had the Original Noir Concept, 1602 Spider-Man, and the Negative Zone suit. 2099 had Flipside, the Armored Spider-Man suit, and the Iron Spider suit made by Iron Man. That's 12 different costumes, and pre-ordering at Gamestop unlocked 4 variations of the Cosmic Zone Spider-Man suit, one for each Spider-Man, giving you a total of 16 suits. Also, if you bought Edge of Time on the same console, you got a bonus from the Shattered Dimensions save data, unlocking 10 of the twelve aforementioned costumes (not including the Cosmic Spider-Man of course,) which are divided up evenly between Amazing and 2099. Between that, the fact that the first two tiers aren't too hard to unlock, and the Cosmic suits as pre-order bonuses (or early unlocks of the Iron Spider, Scarlet Spider, or Cosmic Zone Spider-Man suits, depending on the place,) shows that Beenox loves their bonus unlockable suits. We probably won't get as many in this game, but having Stan Lee as one, along with a few others like Scarlet Spider, or Miles Morale's suit, would be good enough for me.

tl;dr Shattered Dimensions had a whopping total of 12 suits, 16 if you count the pre-order ones, and for the most part they're easy to collect.

Edited by Spidey 4 Ep MMXCIX

Electro-Proof Suit (which does nothing in Electro's level. tongue.png)

That was pretty disappointing, but makes sense I guess. I do like that the description says Ultimate Spider-Man wishes Madame Web had told him about it earlier, though. XD

Tweets from Dee Brown, head of Beenox. Unlockable costumes confirmed and when falling, Spider-Man will save him self with his web before he touches the ground, similar to how Batman saves himself from fall damage with his cape in the Arkham games.

Jeff Hubbard@CaptainN89

@LtCoolDee Really looking fwd to AMS game. Any chance of unlockable costumes? Like Romita Sr AMS suit?

Dee Brown@LtCoolDee

@CaptainN89 Well, of course there will be additional costumes to unlock! smile.gif

LtCoolDee @VenomSpawnSHH Can't remember what happens in Arkham but in ASM, Spider-Man uses his web at the last second to land safely (cool anim btw)

Also another preview. No new info but it's really positive and is the second preview to call the game a Game of the Year candidate.

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/gamereport/the_amazing_spider_man_first_impressions_1ewv33bn1a45HtFEIAdiFK

Sorry for the double post again but Dee Brown, head of Beenox, is having a question answering event on his twitter page. Ask a question or look at the answers!

https://twitter.com/#!/ltcooldee

https://twitter.com/#!/LtCoolDee/status/191322312790904833

The utility belt in The Amazing Spider-Man is used to recharge his webshooters-you never run out but there's an auto reload anim [sic]

I suppose that clears that up, unless we're once again confused by conflicting reports on the web shooters. :V

https://twitter.com/#!/LtCoolDee/status/191331687660130304

The Amazing Spider-Man game is coming out on June 26th, the movie is coming out a week after on July 3rd

Well considering the game is set after the movie, that might be a bit confusing. Still, it's pretty normal for a "game of the movie" to come out before the movie, so that isn't too surprising.

He's also said a few times that some of the costumes/skins are stuff we haven't seen in any Spider-Man game before. Stan Lee, assuming that rumour is true, would fit that...

Also, apparently you can't go to the Statue of Liberty. D:

YES! Unlimited webbing! That clears up my biggest fear with the game so far.

https://twitter.com/...337026111537152

yes, side missions in Manhattan will still be available once you beat the game

Well that's good I suppose, as long as they're fun.

At least one of his tweets may spoil something from the movie:

https://twitter.com/...336203591757827

Apparently the police aren't after Spidey in the game, so apparently by the end of the movie they won't be after him anymore. Of course, knowing Spidey, the Bugle will be smearing him as usual, etc. etc.

He's also reassured a few times (1, 2, 3, possibly more I didn't see) that we'll get gameplay footage "soon", but "soon" could be months. tongue.png

https://twitter.com/...935429925707777

Can't free roam with Peter but we do have one sequence where you are Peter Parker for some time.

Aww, I was hoping you'd get to free roam as Peter. D:

https://twitter.com/...934785600921600

Yeah-You can keep playing in Manhattan at the end of the game,even control the time of day (a cool feature that was just added)

Just like Ultimate Spider-Man, with the day-night thing in the after-game, although I think you had to switch between Spidey and Venom to do that?

I don't remember, did they say something about missions being different at night? I vaguely remember something like that, but maybe my mind is just making up stuff. >,<

https://twitter.com/...933517792837632

Gameplay time really depend on your play style but our QA group has recently clocked The Amazing Spider-Man at about 30hours

That's pretty decent, I'd say.

Last but not least, this one made me chuckle.

https://twitter.com/...741742138564608

Man, ASM looks incredible! Hope to see more footage soon! I just hope I don't have to save any balloons for crying children!

Thank you! We've been careful about the balloons, don't worry
  • Thumbs Up 2

You know, at this point, I'm honestly more excited for the game then the movie. The movie looks good, but the trailers still gives me mixed vibes. The game looks awesome in every way however! Can't wait for June 26th!

Edited by Chaos Warp

Man, I can't wait for this game. This is probably the only movie game I have ever been excited for, except for Spider-Man 2.

Edited by Ultimate Symbiotic-Freddie

Man, I can't wait for this game. This is probably the only movie game I have ever been excited for, except for Spider-Man 2.

Another article. Slightly less positive and more cynical than usual.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/73325/the-amazing-spider-man-preview

It really doesn't tell much new. Apparently the fake Twitter feed appears during loading screens. I wonder if you can access it outside of loading screens as well. Someone should ask Dee about that on Twitter.

He says that the visuals are disappointing(Something that from the trailers and screenshots, I don't agree with at the moment) and that some of the randomly generated web rush animations look a little unnatural(Which he still found impressive anyway).

Now excuse me while I try to figure out how this...

2_21414.nphd.jpg

4_21414.nphd.jpg

2242757-asm_spidey_webs_rhino_super.jpg

2242765-asm_spidey_faces_off_against_iguana_super.jpg

4f60db11221cf.jpg

the-amazing-spider-man-doesnt-suck-20120313105951305_640w.jpg

the-amazing-spider-man-doesnt-suck-20120313105949940_640w.jpg

the-amazing-spider-man-doesnt-suck-20120313105943162_640w.jpg

the-amazing-spider-man-doesnt-suck-20120313105939214_640w.jpg

423884_340156969356620_100000869591302_977109_1136981276_n.jpg

554312_10150625102924599_85581019598_9173363_519198329_n.jpg

476810_10150626584889599_85581019598_9177398_2079886771_o.jpg

552767_213940438705658_154937027939333_311004_1001937664_n.jpg

... qualifies as "disappointing visuals".

• Thumbs Up 5

Another article. Slightly less positive and more cynical than usual.

http://www.shacknews...der-man-preview

It really doesn't tell much new. Apparently the fake Twitter feed appears during loading screens. I wonder if you can access it outside of loading screens as well. Someone should ask Dee about that on Twitter.

He says that the visuals are disappointing(Something that from the trailers and screenshots, I don't agree with at the moment) and that some of the randomly generated web rush animations look a little unnatural(Which he still found impressive anyway).

Now excuse me while I try to figure out how this...

PICTURES!

... qualifies as "disappointing visuals".

He's probably another COD/fps lover that does not give 2 shits about anything else. (trolo) Oddly the only screenshot that did not look all that impressive was the Rhino fight. Everything else looks good so far.

Honestly all this stuff sounds like Spider-man 2, but in HD.

I haven't been excited for a spider-man game since WOS (and that one turned out.....not so great), but my hopes are high for this one.

I certainly hope it is. XP

I was kind-of excited for Shattered Dimensions, but when I eventually got it for Christmas, it was a pretty good game. (Web of Shadows was kind-of corny in my opinion, but it wasn't a bad game.)

Edited by Ultimate Symbiotic-Freddie

I just got Shattered Dimensions in the mail (Gamefly) yesterday, and after playing four missions, I've fallen in love with it. It's got all the charm of the PS1 games and Ultimate Spider-Man (game), along with much improved combat and a huge roster of villains to boot.

Beenox's Amazing Team have proven themselves capable in my eyes. I'm very, very excited to play this game.

• Thumbs Up 2

Glad you're liking Shattered Dimensions, Dissident. It's really like a cool and improved return to the feel and style of the PS1 games. The costumes are especially awesome just for the Amazing Bag-Man alone. You can just tell from the game that the developers care about Spidey and know their Spider-Man.

Some new tweets from Dee Brown.

"@JohnSmi70475343 it's only in loading screens but is updated depending on what you just did and how the story is progressing"

Kind of sad but still really neat.

"@wakigo45 you will have a grab/web grab button yes"

Nice to know.

"@manofbiz web strike is available through web rush when you select an enemy - we also have modifiers to attack on landing a strike"

Normally, the web strike returning would worry me considering how spammable it was in WoS but considering the Arkham style combat and stealth, that shouldn't be a problem.

"Civilians: will cheer you, will ask for your autograph or take a picture with their phone or try to sell you insurance smile.png@inder_rahul"

YES YESYESYESYESYES!!! WOOOOO! My once concern. My one. single. concern put to rest! It sounds like for the first time since Spider-Man 2, we're actually going to get a lively city full of citizens actually doing stuff! I loved it in Spider-Man 2 where citizens would talk to eachother, chat on phones, cheer or boo Spidey(Josh Keaton even spoke a line as a citizen saying "Get a job!"). the citizens A.I. is one of the reasons I love the inFAMOUS series so much. the people in both games always felt so alive and abundant.

Now on another note, it really really bothers me when people say that this game is sound exactly like Spider-Man 2 in HD or call it "Spider-Man 2 HD". I mean, I know that that's not an insult(in fact that's a compliment) but that kind of undermines Beenox's work to make the game feel fresh and innovative. It's hardly "Spider-Man 2 HD". Spider-Man 2 didn't have a closer camera angle that induces vertigo, a fake twitter feed, Iguana, a completely new story, Arkham styled combat and stealth, the option to use stealth or combat, the option to change the time of day, a Stan "The Man" Lee skin, the map as a GPS on Peter's cell phone, a costume that takes damaging, Pete bleeding from said damage, Spidey's animations changing due to damage, having to go back to your apartment to repair your suit, a web cartridge reloading animation, the Web Rush, the Web Rush back, collectible comic books that unlock stuff, photography missions, the ability to take photos of enemies for biographies and concept art, having all of Manhattan available from the start, evolving crimes and the ability to take photos for fun and save them to s virtual photo album.

I'm not trying to be mean to the people who say it's like an HD Spider-Man 2 but it's really not. I'm sure they've took inspiration from it and they have similarities but it's not like Spider-Man 2 HD. I feel saying that kind of undermines all the new things Beenox has added to a Spider-Man game for the first time.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond
  • Thumbs Up 4

Now on another note, it really really bothers me when people say that this game is sound exactly like Spider-Man 2 in HD or call it "Spider-Man 2 HD". I mean, I know that that's not an insult(in fact that's a compliment) but that kind of undermines Beenox's work to make the game feel fresh and innovative. It's hardly "Spider-Man 2 HD".

• Thumbs Up 3

I think most people overlook Ultimate Spider-Man because it isn't connected to a movie like Spider-Man 2 was. Sad, it's actually a pretty great game, even after all these years...pretty short though, but take away missions and all the open-world Spider-Man games aren't that long.

Anyhow...

Glad you're liking Shattered Dimensions, Dissident. It's really like a cool and improved return to the feel and style of the PS1 games. The costumes are especially awesome just for the Amazing Bag-Man alone. You can just tell from the game that the developers care about Spidey and know their Spider-Man.

If it's one thing that I'm not worried at all about regarding Amazing Spider-Man, it's that it will probably have the charm Shattered Dimensions has in it's story and dialogue, not to mention the combat was actually pretty fun (the Web Rush sounds like the cherry on top).

"@JohnSmi70475343 it's only in loading screens but is updated depending on what you just did and how the story is progressing"

Aw. :( ...Wait, how long are these loading screens? D:

"@wakigo45 you will have a grab/web grab button yes"

Pretty standard. I wonder if it's the same button for wall crawling?

"@manofbiz web strike is available through web rush when you select an enemy - we also have modifiers to attack on landing a strike"

Normally, the web strike returning would worry me considering how spammable it was in WoS but considering the Arkham style combat and stealth, that shouldn't be a problem.

It wasn't spammable in Shattered Dimensions, was it? I'm not too worried about that. Plus, even if it is...well, I thought it was kinda' fun. ^^;

"Civilians: will cheer you, will ask for your autograph or take a picture with their phone or try to sell you insurance smile.png@inder_rahul"

Good to hear the civilians are more interesting than they usually are in Spidey games. I wonder if some of them run away from you? I assume they run if there's dangerous stuff happening nearby, of course, but I love how in some games if you attack thin air near them, they'll run away like cowards. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Good to hear the civilians are more interesting than they usually are in Spidey games. I wonder if some of them run away from you? I assume they run if there's dangerous stuff happening nearby, of course, but I love how in some games if you attack thin air near them, they'll run away like cowards. tongue.png

One of my favorite moments in Spider-Man 3 was steering a civilian into the middle of the road while playing as Harry (nobody reacts at all to you, even if you touch them) and having a taxi drive him away. I won't lie, there's a small part of me that's a bit sad to see the piss-poor AI go away. xD

• Thumbs Up 1

"Just saw the latest cut of our upcoming Web Rush trailer for The Amazing Spider-Man game - pure awesomeness. Can't wait to release it!"

"Oh, and to answer the upcoming question on the Web Rush trailer: it will be released when it will be ready smile.png"

Dee Brown is such a tease.

Edited by PeanutButterDimond
  • Thumbs Up 5