Awoo.

The Amazing Spider-Man (The Game)

Eternal EX

Picked up the new issue of Official PlayStation Magazine UK. Here's their preview of The Amazing Spider-Man:

i1tJu.jpg

If anyone wants to archive the scan, it's Official PlayStation Magazine UK Issue 70 May 2012.

Also picked up the new issue of Official Xbox Magazine UK. Here's their preview of the game:

WAaYH.jpg

If anyone wants to archive the scan, it's Official Xbox Magazine UK Issue 85 May 2012.

*every single other preview praises the game to high heaven*

*One isn't impressed*

OHMAIGAWDPANIC!

I'm not worried. It's one out of lots of previews.

"Needs Work"

Oh no, that makes me worried.....

Read the review. He thought Shattered Dimensions was great and felt the open world aspect was an unneeded throwback. He is vastly in the minority.

Edited by turbojet

Read the review. He thought Shattered Dimensions was great and felt the open world aspect was an unneeded throwback. He is vastly in the minority.

Ah.

Well then, I guess I don't need to be worried as much then.

Edited by Chaos Warp

I liked Shattered Dimensions, but I thought stripping away the open world and going back to the PS1-style gameplay was an unneeded throwback. And I know many, many people agree with me.

• Thumbs Up 4

IDK, I love Shattered Dimensions, but the open-world aspect of this one sounds awesome to play around with and explore. Never played an open-world Spider-Man game so I can't really say if I like games such as Spider-Man 2 or Ultimate Spider-Man better.

Edited by Chaos Warp

I just noticed this but the second preview, the negative one, put the release date as June 29 instead if June 26.

They didn't even get the release date right!

459771_229225627177139_154937027939333_340451_405512453_o.jpg

47679310150689094044599.jpg

These images show off two things that I have really liked so far from what we've seen of the game.

1. The character models are amazingly detailed. The faces, clothing, hair, lips, everything. There's love and detail everywhere.

2. The movie style re-imaginings are awesome! I liked how they changed up Black Cat a bit but you can still tell that it's her.

• Thumbs Up 5

I like how they made her attractive without giving her insane amounts of cleavage. That really bugged me in Edge of Time.

Still excited for this game, especially now that I've beaten Shattered Dimensions. :D

• Thumbs Up 4

I like how they made her attractive without giving her insane amounts of cleavage. That really bugged me in Edge of Time.

Still excited for this game, especially now that I've beaten Shattered Dimensions. biggrin.png

I agree. Not only that, but it's also interesting that they made her somewhat older, instead of being around Spidey's age. Interestingly enough, from what I've read, Noir Spidey's universe has a 30-something Felicia Hardy who he still chases after, so I don't see why it couldn't be the same case here.

All we need now is for her to be playable and I'm going out to gamestop right now to pre-order it.

New pics! Or well, one is an old pic that was only in crappy magazine scan quality until now.

felicia.jpg

screenlg1.jpg

Now usually, I would gush about the attention to detail like a little fanboy but I think the quality of detail in the screens speak for themselves. Though I must say that the clothes on Black cat, her hair, Spidey's model(as always), his pose, his fingers, and especially his webline all look fantastic!

On another note, Black Cat's pose reminds me of this.

UltimateSpider-Man002Car.jpg

Also, a preview mentioned this, but I can totally seeing this being the inspiration for the Web Rush.

2046436-feat5agilityyr4.jpg

Edited by PeanutButterDimond
  • Thumbs Up 2

A screenshot of the game's control scheme!

amazing-videogame-3.jpg

-The auto-lock ability from SD and EoT is now replaced by the camera.

-Pressing in the left stick while on a wall causes Spider-Man to face forward, pushing his back to the wall.

-The counter button in the Arkham games is replaced with a dodge function.

-You can do both web shots and web grabs. (For the first time since Spider-Man 3)

-There is a button dedicated solely for Peter's cell phone.

• Thumbs Up 4

Seems like a decent setup for controls. R-trigger as the web-swing, as is tradition! And I think this is the first time we've had a "dodge" button in a long time...Spider-Man 3, I think?

Hm, if there's a button for Peter's cell phone, maybe we can check the twitter feed at any time? I don't know, an in-universe twitter feed that reacts to Spider-Man sounds way too (potentially) hilarious to only appear during loading screens...

Edited by ElementofChaos7

Liking the control scheme.

And Cellphone? In a New-York game? Uh-Oh.

Harry: PETER MY COUSIN! Want to go bowling?

Peter: Kinda busy Harry

Harry: Okay....maybe another time....

*ten seconds later*

Aunt May: Peter my nephew! Do you want to go see some BIG AMERICAN TITTES?

I didn't know we could take pictures in this game, that's pretty cool

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 2

Seems like a decent setup for controls. R-trigger as the web-swing, as is tradition! And I think this is the first time we've had a "dodge" button in a long time...Spider-Man 3, I think?

Hm, if there's a button for Peter's cell phone, maybe we can check the twitter feed at any time? I don't know, an in-universe twitter feed that reacts to Spider-Man sounds way too (potentially) hilarious to only appear during loading screens...

Yeah, it's been since Spider-Man 3. In this game, it seems like the dodge button will replace the counter attack button that's in the Arkham games. Makes sense. Spidey is more of a dodger than an attacker.

Dee said that they were only in load times. The cellphone button could be for the map which is the GPS on Peter's cell phone in this game. But why not just call it "Map" then?

The cellphone button could be for the map which is the GPS on Peter's cell phone in this game. But why not just call it "Map" then?

Maybe because you can get text messages that tell you your missions, that'd be cool.

• Thumbs Up 2

tumblr_m39d1lFGkr1qcjglso2_1280.jpg

tumblr_m39d1lFGkr1qcjglso1_1280.jpg

I love these pieces of concept art.

• Thumbs Up 3

I hope this game will have context-specific dodge animations like Batman Arkham City has context-sensitive counter animations. As in Spiderman does different types of dodges depending on the context (Example: two enemies try to attack at once, maybe he places one hand on one's head and one hand on the other's head and flips over them? IDK).

• Thumbs Up 1

New article on marvel.com featuring Black Cat's biography and an interview about her!

http://marvel.com/ne...spider-man_game

Her white hair is apparently related to the climax of the movie even though she doesn't appear in the film itself. Interesting.

I love the thought they are putting in to all the characters! They stay true to both the comics and the style of the movieverse.

• Thumbs Up 1