Awoo.

Sonic X animation styles

Vertekins

A fairly uncommon sight yet a blaring one when it was done was the animator's inability to get height right. Compare;

Cream in episode 7, her 70cm (2'04'') height compared to the guardrail on Chris bedroom balcony;

005cream.jpg

Sonic in episode 21. Compare to the 100cm (3'03'') tall Sonic by that exact same guardrail on Chris' balcony;

049sonic.jpg

He's suddenly shrunk shorter than Cream yet he's supposed to be a full foot taller!

Extra funny is the inconsistency. The 'bars' on the railing are different. Unless the Thorndyke family decided to change the balcony guard between episode 7 and 21.

there are palmtrees and stuff outside of Chris's balcony thing. Is that supposed to be X's lazy attempt to get some Sonic environments into the anime?

there are palmtrees and stuff outside of Chris's balcony thing. Is that supposed to be X's lazy attempt to get some Sonic environments into the anime?

Eh, it's more like their (somewhat lazy) way of showing that Chris is a rich, rich boy.

As it has been said we've been linking to still images up until now, but certainly the animation can only be appreciated in motion.

Behold! The subliminal Pepsi logo, the reverse vibrating watch, the plastic buildings, the levitating clone army of brunet and blond soldiers, and the amazing Robot that shifts it’s chemical structure from aluminum foil to concrete with in the same scene!

But enough talk. Lets dance!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPhwv8o1EPI

• Thumbs Up 3

My God. The animation in that video is so incredibly LAZY. 1:15 with the soldiers just sliding into the helicopter like toys on a conveyer belt. 1:23 Sonic and Shadow playing so odd game of "kick my shins" with their horribly drawn bodies. And 2:00 with the ugliest display of someone kicking a door repeatedly.

Its a hot mess. And thats just on the first viewing.

Edited by Dejablue
  • Thumbs Up 2

Please tell me there is an episode with fluent, cool looking animations to compare with that...abomination...

Edited by Winter-Man Noir

Please tell me there is an episode with fluent, cool looking animations to compare with that...abomination...

You know, here's another thing, what's up with those backgrounds? Sometimes they look decent enough, other times they look like utter crap. The colors and shades often look like utter garbage. This is especially apparent in scene that shows dull colors. That doesn't mean the grass textures don't suck either. Don't forget the outlines too.

032group.jpg

073decoebocoe.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

I was wondering when someone would bring up the backgrounds...

045rouge.jpg

BEST BASE EVERRRRR! The view is also veery nice.

043amy.jpg

Even Amy cannot escape the terror of stalk photos.

prisonisland.jpg

The Philadelphia orchestra designed their headquarters after a violin so that visitors may hear the best quality of music. Catch them while you can, they won’t be here long…

UnusedSonicXCharacter.jpg

On a completely unrelated note....Kimba?

Edited by Vantoggle
  • Thumbs Up 3

One of the few times the animators actually gave a shit about quality (but only the Super Sonic parts mind you).

And the JP dub actually had the balls to include Live and Learn which is leagues better than the bland, stock music from the English dub.

One of the few times the animators actually gave a shit about quality (but only the Super Sonic parts mind you).

And the JP dub actually had the balls to include Live and Learn which is leagues better than the bland, stock music from the English dub.

Edited by Dejablue
  • Thumbs Up 2

I was wondering when someone would bring up the backgrounds...

045rouge.jpg

BEST BASE EVERRRRR! The view is also veery nice.

The view is so great that you don't notice that her tail is missing.

043amy.jpg

Even Amy cannot escape the terror of stalk photos.

Her face in this pose seriously makes her look like Felix the Cat. srsly

154984_10150104527813949_556728948_7525152_3276103_n.jpg

I know Sonic himself (at least his original design anyway) was based off of Felix, but still...

Replies in bold.