Awoo.

Sonic X animation styles

Vertekins

Pretty sure it's edited, his mouth looks like it was drawn in a way that it's supposed to be at the side of his face, and his eyes, it's utterly impossible for someone to do that on purpose....unless they were having a reeaaaly off day. I could always be wrong though...

No, you're right. It's a fake, edited pic.

As badly drawn as these moments are, each one you posted lasts a second or two at most, and I thought the animation from first pic was funny (in the context of the scene) when I saw it recently, almost hearkens back to AoSTH stuff.

Also, is it bad that when I watch anime, the comedic moments when the characters randomly break into a more cartoony style like this are my favorite moments? I dunno what it is, but, they just feel more alive and less..."stiff" to me when they do that stuff.

The problem is (in the last one at least) when most anime does "wacky & expressive" emotions it generally doesn't try to make it sorta on-model at the same time. Attempting to combine the two (or, more likely, lazily pasting wacky expressive faces on the normal character model) makes it look weird as fuck.

And in regards to Tail's newfound ability to play for the NBA, Sonic X wasn't absurdist like AoStH and generally tried to maintain an air of realism; so it clashes horribly with the rest of the show's art style to see one of the characters do something that wouldn't be out of line with an episode of Spongebob.

Edited by ChristmasJack
  • Thumbs Up 3

099eggmanSPAM.jpg

084.jpg

073.JPG

036.JPG

049.JPG

23894652:jpeg_preview_medium.jpg?

^ I'm pretty sure these are legit

As for the next one below...the animation isn't bad/wacky...just...lol

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by Zinos Kringle
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm pretty sure face faults doesn't count for bad animation and I couldn't even see anything bad with Sonic doing that exaggerated movement.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm pretty sure face faults doesn't count for bad animation and I couldn't even see anything bad with Sonic doing that exaggerated movement.

I think the fourth and fifth pics count...Knuckles's body looks really wierd in the third, and his head in the fourth looks a bit off model.

Edited by Zinos Kringle

Why are the cartoony moments being posted as "bad animation"? They were done like that on purpose and they're hilarious to watch.

• Thumbs Up 1

I agree. Although that anime has its bad moments, it really is quite funny. I love watching it just to see the goofy stuff. Call me immature, but I find it hilarious.

*facepalm* I thought that the purpose of this topic was to find animation errors and/or bad animation. Edited and intentional goofy scenes don't count.

hqdefault.jpg

I don't get it. What's wrong with this one? :/

• Thumbs Up 3

*facepalm* I thought that the purpose of this topic was to find animation errors and/or bad animation. Edited and intentional goofy scenes don't count.

I don't get it. What's wrong with this one? :/

Me thinks its what Amy is saying that they are having a go at....

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh, I tried (I still think Knuckles's model is off in the fourth/fifth pics). The ones I found were from the LOL Media thread from Sega Forums anyway.

Edited by Zinos Kringle

• 4 weeks later...

Did Chris bet Tails he couldn't fit his whole fist into his mouth?

He did, but he was too busy staring at Amy's panties to notice. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

2012 bump!

Gentelmen, BEHOLD!

105group.jpg

And so, Christopher Thorndyke acquired his first glimpse into paradise....

• Thumbs Up 5

And incidentally, his first trip to the nearest physiciatrist due to getting his first panty glimpse via a 12 year old pink hedgehog from another universe.

Edited by Grooseinator032
  • Thumbs Up 9

073.JPG

I think this picture, as well as the entire moment this happened, was the greatest thing that came out of Sonic X.

Sure, that's not much to work off of, but still...

• Thumbs Up 2

2012 bump!

Gentelmen, BEHOLD!

105group.jpg

Tails....what the hell. And I'm pretty sure they got lazy to color the characters too, but I don't think that's too much important.

So far, this is the funniest thread I ever seen.

Edited by StrikeTW

• 1 month later...

075.JPG

It appears that Amy has one of those magical "kids show skirts" that grows longer when the occasion, or rather the camera angle, calls for it.

It's to bad for chicks that those skirts doesn't exist in real life but a good thing for guys

Edited by batson

Thank you batson! biggrin.png

181tails.jpg

186tails.jpg

095.JPG

stumps.jpg

itsmorphintime.jpg

demhands.jpg

derp.jpg

131credits.jpg

066sonic.jpg

152sonic.jpg

And here's something interesting from the Archie version of Sonic X:

wdgCv.png

A lot of bad art from Episode 36 can be viewed here: http://www.teamartail.com/sonicx/36/

i've got a couple more Sonic X-related things, but I'll post them later.

Edited by Madame Amano

Why are the Jetix pics still floating about? thought 53-78 had dvd releases in all regions by now?

Thanks for these btw. Maybe a Sonic X tumblr blog should be made like how the archie one was.