Awoo.

Discussion of Super Forms(And possibly other alt forms)

Blazey Firekitty

This has probably been said by too many people already, but I'd like to see super form come back as a more important part of the overall gameplay rather than being restricted to the final fight.

Then again...I'd also like to see more characters who aren't Sonic or another male hedgehog character(Shadow, Silver) doing this. Knuckles and Tails used to do it, but eventually those forms just kind of disappeared. I'm glad at least Blaze has her own transformation, but it'd still be nice to see Tails and Knux get thier power ups back, or have someone who doesn't have a super mode get one.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SuperStingray

• Phos

• Blazey Firekitty

• Dr. Mechano

I want to see Eggman have a super form. Well, at least his mechs. While he did use all the chaos emeralds to power a huge laser to break apart the Earth in Unleashed, I think it would have been cooler if he had used them on his Egg-mobile. That would have given Sonic a lot more of a challenge.

It'd also be fun to play as Super Eggman.

I would love to see Knuckles turn Super again, a Super Sonic/Shadow/Knuckles team-up final boss would be great! I like to think Silver and Tails can't actually turn Super and that the Super Emeralds didn't exist, personally. Tails because he's too young, and Silver... well, I just don't like him much. Just my little thoughts, probably not true, but it helps me sleep at night! XP

I wouldn't mind Super Forms coming back to the main levels, too. Although they would probably be hard to control in 3D, depending on the abilities.

I don't think too many characters should get Super Forms, because then it would lose the 'specialness' of it. If everyone could automatically control the Emeralds, it would just be lame... maybe that's why I'm not a Silver fan...

I want to see Eggman have a super form. Well, at least his mechs. While he did use all the chaos emeralds to power a huge laser to break apart the Earth in Unleashed, I think it would have been cooler if he had used them on his Egg-mobile. That would have given Sonic a lot more of a challenge.

It'd also be fun to play as Super Eggman.

Yes, this.

I think Super Eggman could stand to be an awesome final boss as well. There's no rule that says humans can't power up with the Emeralds, so I don't see why he couldn't.

I always kinda thought that the Egg Emperor from Sonic X was the closest thing Eggman's had to a super form - he uses the emeralds to power up his creation, which is a first in the franchise IIRC. It goes berserk on him, though.

Edited by Jake

I'd actually love to see Darkspine again. The fact that SatBK had all of the World Rings in it and yet no Darkspine made Verte a sad panda T_T. That form has such an awesome way of reaping pwnage. Not to mention his design was kick-ass. I guess it'd be pretty hard to replicate the conditions that led to Darkspine's 'birth' though in future games if Sonic Team want him to make a comeback.

Eggman would be extremely interesting. He'd probably have his mustache standing on end :lol: Seriously though, what kind of powers would he have? Psychic control over technology?

I, and I'm sure every one else here would agree on making Super Sonic more playable like before, but having other characters having super forms as well just sounds pretty lame to me.

One thing that kills all special attributes is when it starts becoming less exclusive.. It quickly loses it's appeal. Having Silver being able to go super is enough of a stretch to me and even then, I'd much prefer to not see him go super again, but if Tails and Knuckles start doing it, I'd just lose all appreciation for super forms.

It's like Pokemon. Legendary Pokemon are supposed to very unique and one-of-a-kind, but it started getting annoying when the anime starts showing signs of there being more than one of each legendary Pokemon, or when trainers use them in the games.

Edited by VirgoTheCougar

Okay I want... *gets out list* Return of Super Knuckles (and possibly Super Tails), increased moveset for Super Sonic (all he does is bash into stuff), no more new characters going super, no one-off transformations that will never be seen again... *glares at Darkspine*

Annnnnd Super Eggman... or at least a final boss with seven Eggman ships, each powerered by a Chaos Emerald, that Sonic has to charge into and destroy each of them from the inside... Epic. : D

Only Sonic, Blaze, Shadow and Knuckles should keep their super forms. Not only because they're kickass, but it's also because it makes sense for them to transform into supers. For the other characters it just doesn't e.g. Silver. Honestly, I'll never get that one. >.O

I want to see Super Knuckles return~! Pleeease!

..Though I have to admit, a Super Eggman would be pretty funny. XD;

This has probably been said by too many people already, but I'd like to see super form come back as a more important part of the overall gameplay rather than being restricted to the final fight.
Although I do want Super Sonic back in-level, he was never really an "important part" of the gameplay. It was always just a bonus for getting the emeralds, something a bit more tangible than just a good ending, but really not all that important.

Then again...I'd also like to see more characters who aren't Sonic or another male hedgehog character(Shadow, Silver) doing this.
Personally, I'd like to see less. I think the Super form has already been cheapened by overuse, showing up in nearly every game in the series, being given to half the main cast, and being drowned out by the other forms. I think the best thing to do would limit things to three, maybe four, those being Super Sonic (obviously), Super Shadow (as he's often depicted as Sonic's equal, plus he's designed to use the emeralds), Burning Blaze (the parallel world counterpart to Super Sonic) and maybe Darkspine Sonic depending on how they handle the storybook subseries, the world rings, and the like. Screw Super Silver and Super Knuckles, screw the Hyper forms and Super Tails, and screw Excalibur-Sonic. Transformation bloat is ruining the impact of transformations.

I only want Sonic to go Super. Once everyone does it, it doesn't feel very special anymore.

Also Super Eggman is an awful idea. Him using the emeralds to make kick ass robots is fine, but the thought of a golden mustached Super Eggman is just so very stupid.

Also Super Eggman is an awful idea. Him using the emeralds to make kick ass robots is fine, but the thought of a golden mustached Super Eggman is just so very stupid.

And this is where I challenge you to explain why.

Again, there's no stated rule in the Sonic mythos that only animals can go super. And as such I fail to see why it's an inherently bad idea. It stands to be both funny and a threatening boss at the same time. (AoStH did it, and it worked well enough.)

Edited by El Gran Gordo

Again, there's no stated rule in the Sonic mythos that only animals can go super. And as such I fail to see why it's an inherently bad idea. It stands to be both funny and a threatening boss at the same time.

Well, seeing as how in X, Eggman's super machine goes berserk when it harnesses the power of the Emeralds, so to imagine a normal human like Eggman having that much energy flowing through him, if it was possible at all, God knows what kind of damage he could inflict upon himself by trying to go super.

Well... Eggman's robot was mechanical, while Eggman himself is organic (yum) like Sonic and his friends... so it would more sense that Eggman could control the Emeralds' power better than any of his machines.

It stands to be both funny and a threatening boss at the same time.
Funny maybe, but not threatening.

Eggman's "superpower" is his genius, which is expressed through his machines. Neither of which mesh too well with the common concept of the super forms, unlike the kind of powers Sonic and the rest have. And if he were to abandon his machines and just do a regular super form, like the picture Overlord posted, he just looks like some DBZ reject. The best option is to use the emeralds in a way that compliments his "superpower", most obviously to power up his machines.

I'm also not so sure that Eggman could actually do a super form in the first place. Not because he's human, but because he's evil. Not to start another debate on Eggman's moral compass, but he's the villain, he wants to rule the world, and is more than willing to take control by force, so he doesn't seem to be a particularly good candidate for harnessing positive energy from the emeralds. Negative energy, sure, but we've never seen anyone go Super with negative energy...he'd be more likely to end up as something like Darkspine or wereSonic than a glowing gold-mustached powerhouse.

Well, seeing as how in X, Eggman's super machine goes berserk when it harnesses the power of the Emeralds, so to imagine a normal human like Eggman having that much energy flowing through him, if it was possible at all, God knows what kind of damage he could inflict upon himself by trying to go super.
It doesn't seem to hurt Sonic and the rest, tho'. I see no reason to believe Eggman would react more like a machine than another organic being...

I'm also not so sure that Eggman could actually do a super form in the first place. Not because he's human, but because he's evil. Not to start another debate on Eggman's moral compass, but he's the villain, he wants to rule the world, and is more than willing to take control by force, so he doesn't seem to be a particularly good candidate for harnessing positive energy from the emeralds. Negative energy, sure, but we've never seen anyone go Super with negative energy...he'd be more likely to end up as something like Darkspine or wereSonic than a glowing gold-mustached powerhouse.

Were Eggman? ... ... ... Oh god...

It doesn't seem to hurt Sonic and the rest, tho'. I see no reason to believe Eggman would react more like a machine than another organic being...

Sonic himself can take a pretty hard beating, prime example, in Black Knight

near the final boss, he's beaten about by a giant dual sword wielding ghost knight thing.

And since were already using Sonic X as examples, the fight against Eggman's super machine nearly ends in Sonic being ripped apart like tissue.

In short, Sonic and the others are very durable creatures who are capable of taking direct hits. It's hard to see Eggman being able to survive the kind of poundings the others have had.

Now looking at the robot, when all the Chaos Emeralds got inserted into it, it overloaded with power and became uncontrollable, seeing as Super Sonic was able to destroy it with ease, it'd be safe to say that this giant mecha was unable to control the power of the emeralds. In fact, it's been shown quite often in X when just two emeralds come in contact, there's a huge release of energy that can easily wreck an entire room.

To see Eggman, a normal human being, having all that energy flowing through his body sounds very implausible if not even his most powerful machines can contain their power.

And this is where I challenge you to explain why.

Again, there's no stated rule in the Sonic mythos that only animals can go super. And as such I fail to see why it's an inherently bad idea. It stands to be both funny and a threatening boss at the same time. (AoStH did it, and it worked well enough.)

SuperEggman.png

That's why.

SuperEggman.png

That's why.

And? Is the idea of a superpowered mustached man any more ridiculous than a superpowered hedgehog? Sonic is just as goofy and disproportioned as Eggman is, and both concepts sound very fantastic and unrealistic, but that's what makes them great.

Well, yes he wouldn't get those rippling muscles, but the thought of a flying, golden mustached Super Eggman is lame (IMO). Besides it's completely out of character for Eggman to go "hands on" in a fight. He's not the type to do the pummeling, he lets his bots do his dirty work. I thought El Gran Gordo would understand that better then anyone.

Edit: I was responding to Gabz Girl when I wrote this.

Edited by speedfreak

Gordo, some people are simply not so keen on the idea. Personally, I think that Eggman successfully using the Emeralds for himself would be terrific. I thought that Ix turning Super in Chronicles was brilliant (even if the battle itself was less challenging than fighting a Motorbug in GHZ).

Edited by Blue Blood

Besides it's completely out of character for Eggman to go "hands on" in a fight. He's not the type to do the pummeling, he lets his bots do his dirty work. I thought El Gran Gordo would understand that better then anyone.

Robotnik did it in the Archie comics immediately before his death.

Different Robotnik, yes, but it was pretty awesome. He held up fairly well on his own, managing to get a few (painful) hits on Sonic due to the confined room, although Sonic was still quicker.

It was primarily an act of desperation, as Robotnik believed he finally succeeded in destroying Knothole, and felt he had nothing to lose.

Super Eggman is complete and utter Lulz. In a game that was all about being funny and cartoony, I would support the idea of a Super Eggman boss 100%. In fact, I think a Sonic game where they were specifically just doing things to be funny would be a great idea.