Awoo.

Discussion of Super Forms(And possibly other alt forms)

Blazey Firekitty

That's exactly the problem. Sonic may be the star of the series, but when they try too hard to emphasize that it only serves to make the other characters seem dull. A lot of the characters in this series are hard enough to respect at this point, but marginalizing them like this will only make them seem weaker than they are and make Sonic seem stronger than he is.

In all fairness, the very game you're citing as unfair to other characters is the same one where you play as Sonic for only 1/12th of the overall experience.

Despite everything though, I would have liked to have seen Tails and Knuckles go super there properly.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SuperStingray

• Phos

• Blazey Firekitty

• Dr. Mechano

I'm tired of all this mindless headbutting people at hypersonic speed crap. Why not have Super Sonic be the badass that was at the end of Sonic Chronicles?
As far as I can tell, he isn't doing much more than mindless spinning and a generic energy beam. If they continue giving Super Sonic his own gameplay I do wish they'd expand on it more, but Chronicles Super Sonic is a pretty horrible base to work from, I'd say.

I think a better question would be "What's the point?"

He's got the power of a thermonuclear explosion at his disposal, what could possibly be more effective than a ramming attack?

Since when has Sonic been solely about being effective? Style, my man, style.

Since when has Sonic been solely about being effective? Style, my man, style.

I think that's another overarching problem with the franchise nowadays. Too much emphasis on looking cool, almost none on actually being fun.

But that doesn't mean we have to scrap style for more fun or vice versa.

Doing nothing but ramming into something repeatedly doesn't sound all that fun to me. If there was a bit of variety to the moves, a bit more depth to the gameplay, and an extra dose of style for added excitement, tho'...

I'm kind of on the fence on the idea of Eggman having a super form. On the one hand, I'd like to see it, because I think it'd feel new, different, and fun. On the other hand, I think it should be done in such a way that it doesn't cheapen the skill set he already has, the one revolving around brain power. Maybe it could be the surprise result of an elaborate plan as opposed to "Eggman gathered the emeralds in his spare time while no one was looking."

Personality is also important to avoid devolving Eggman to the level of a Monster of the Week, so if Sonic and Eggy had a super battle, I'd want them to be bantering with each other as always.

You know, I remember Super Shadow was originally silver. That shiny gold look he has now is awful, and doesn't make him look original at all like how he used to be. T-T I wish they could change it back somehow.

And if there's no Super Knuckles, why not a Master Emerald powered Knuckles? Green Knux FTW! *shot*

As far as I can tell, he isn't doing much more than mindless spinning and a generic energy beam. If they continue giving Super Sonic his own gameplay I do wish they'd expand on it more, but Chronicles Super Sonic is a pretty horrible base to work from, I'd say.

It's still more than we normally see. I would have said that I want them to be more like Darkspine Sonic, but everyone seems to dislike mentioning him so I went with the next best thing.

We can disagree on whether or not Chronicles Super Sonic is a horrible base to work from or not, but I'm glad you agree that there should be more than generic hypersonic headbutting and that's all that really matters to me.

Oh, I had no idea Super Sonic was in Chronicles.

I just YouTubed a video of it. That final battle looked pathetic! Nailing all of the QTEs in a single turn, the final boss only took 20 seconds. What the ffffff-

Still waiting for Super Sally :D

Oh you know that's not gonna happen. :lol:

You know, I remember Super Shadow was originally silver. That shiny gold look he has now is awful, and doesn't make him look original at all like how he used to be. T-T I wish they could change it back somehow.

They could just make him champagne again, it's not like they explained it the first time they changed it.

And the only reason that Darkspine doesn't ram is that he's way too weak for that to do anything.

...jeezus, man, some of you guys are way more crazier than me giving Klonoa a Super form (well, according to certain people about that, anyway). I mean, Super Eggman? lol XD

Not that its a bad thing, though... I mean, the only reason (okay, not the only one. lol) behind my premise of Super Klonoa is because...well, due to his similarities to Sonic, I believe he'll eventually get one for real in his games. Yeah..

Now for the topic...yeah, I'm with the general consensus that the Super forms need to be brought back to the levels. But as for the number of characters that have them...well, I have to say that its up to SEGA on that one. Personally, I don't mind having more Super characters. They're still Super forms and they still amaze me.

As for Eggman...well, I don't mind him having just a golden mustache, but since he's a villain and all, I believe he'll look better with some kind of dark appearance using the negative energy of the Chaos Emeralds...

But if its for goofy purposes, then yeah, stick with the golden mustache. lol

I skipped black knight. What was EX-sonic like? Was his design as kool as DS sonic? crap and generic like S. Silver?

I skipped black knight. What was EX-sonic like? Was his design as kool as DS sonic? crap and generic like S. Silver?

The only thing I can say about EXCALIBUR s. is that he is fucking hard to draw, so you guess

Super Eggman!:

SuperEggman.png

That is hot! :wub:

Eggman's "superpower" is his genius, which is expressed through his machines. Neither of which mesh too well with the common concept of the super forms, unlike the kind of powers Sonic and the rest have.

So are you saying then that an evil genius does not have the right to become super because it will cancel out his genius? Pish-posh! If Robotnik became super because most of the other characters can become super, it would just be like an epic challenge for Sonic. I know they won't do it but imagine Robotnik not having to use mechanics for one, just his brain and survival instincts and the desire to get rid of Sonic so he can rule the world... that is hot.

Sonic himself can take a pretty hard beating, prime example, in Black Knight

near the final boss, he's beaten about by a giant dual sword wielding ghost knight thing.

And since were already using Sonic X as examples, the fight against Eggman's super machine nearly ends in Sonic being ripped apart like tissue.

In short, Sonic and the others are very durable creatures who are capable of taking direct hits. It's hard to see Eggman being able to survive the kind of poundings the others have had.

Now is it because of Eggman's age that you say you cannot see him handling this or because he is human? Sonic is substantially smaller and more frail than Eggman height and build yet he can handle super form quite well and it makes him invulnerable. Clearly Robots are not meant to be controlled in super forms because it messes with their circuitry. Robotnik is not a robot and he is bigger and could probably handle a super form. He is not necessarily too old to handle it either and you are using the Eggman's super machine nearly tearing Sonic apart... yes exactly, NEARLY. It didn't so... how come Sonic being NORMAL can survive a super attack from a robot. Yet we assume that Robotnik can't even handle becoming super. I think that's a little bias and restricted in our thinking.

The biggest problem for me would be that Robotnik has never canonically gone super, and it would create continuity problems. He's had the emeralds before, in the early games. And he's had them in SA2 and again in Unleashed. The story usually has us getting the emeralds back from him. Why then, is he always using them in a doomsday device instead of on himself? The question would need to be answered. Saying because he doesn't feel like it isn't good enough, because that's pure fanon. Big might be a part time lecturer on physics, but we've never seen him suggest it.

Also, the issue of him being human. Others mentioned that it doesn't make sense for even some of the anthros to transform. The only ones we still know are able of transformation are the male hedgehogs, and Blaze, the hero of her universe. Maybe Knuckles and to a lesser extent Tails. For some reason the monster of the week is usually able to achieve some super form.

It seems like there's a requirement for who can use the emeralds. But that's what makes Eggman cool, his angle is technology. Instead of using natural, mystical means to get the emeralds to work for him, he's unlocked their power through the designs of his machines. It'd be a shame to take that away from him, because if the Doc has any superpower, it's his mind.

Edited by Badnikz

I won't comment the Super Eggman idea... :lol:

Super forms are way overused lately. Every monster can do it and Sonic turns Super in nearly every game (though recently there some nice substitutes). It ruins the form's whole purpose and trigger anyway. It's awesome to see things have mended in SatBK, but still Sonic Team has to find different ways to encourage players to complete the game than playing as Super Sonic the gazillionth time in a row.

I'm glad it isn't the fans who decide, or we'd have a true Dragon Ball parody :P Super Eggman Stage 4 vs Turbo Tails! \(≧▽≦)/ \( ̄▽ ̄)/ lol

Super Sally? Already appeared in the last episode of SatAM.

With Super Smooching power. :blink:

...Not sure if that's stranger than Sonic and Tails' hot tub moment in the same show. :lol:

Now is it because of Eggman's age that you say you cannot see him handling this or because he is human?

It's because he is human.

Sonic is substantially smaller and more frail than Eggman height and build yet he can handle super form quite well and it makes him invulnerable. Clearly Robots are not meant to be controlled in super forms because it messes with their circuitry. Robotnik is not a robot and he is bigger and could probably handle a super form.

How so? You just said below that Sonic was nearly teared apart by a super robot but still survived. So how is it that Sonic is more frail than Eggman?! In fact, if Eggman had a better build than Sonic, then why does he constantly resort to machines to doing his bidding? There have been many times where Eggman is caught in a corner, usually rescued by a machine as back up, so if we were to suggest that Eggman was bigger and with a better build than Sonic, than surely he would be able to handle a fist fight with him.

He is not necessarily too old to handle it either and you are using the Eggman's super machine nearly tearing Sonic apart... yes exactly, NEARLY. It didn't so... how come Sonic being NORMAL can survive a super attack from a robot. Yet we assume that Robotnik can't even handle becoming super. I think that's a little bias and restricted in our thinking.

It's sort of like this in terms of overall strength:

Sonic > Super Robot > Eggman

The amount of strength that an individual would need to actually sustain a super form without either going berserk or being destroyed from not being able to control the energy would have to be between at least Sonic and the Robot.

Sonic more frail? He can fall from hundreds of feet in the air, land on his face, and not have a scratch.

As for the discussion about color, I like the color gold. It seems to be the most fitting for the super forms. Because of this, I'm glad that Super Shadow and Super Silver have shades gold.

I really think that the color gold seems to be the most majestic, and is best at symbolizing a power increase. Super Shadow with a silver color; it just doesen't exude a feeling of power like his lemon-gold color does.

Now, I believe alternate colors are fine for other forms, like Darkspine or burning blaze. But overall, I really prefer the different shades of gold for the super forms.

Personally, I think it would be nice if knuckles had a true super form again. Not from the chaos emeralds, but from the master emerald. I believe it would be fitting since he is the Master's Emerald's guardian. I would want the super form's color to be pink like the original super form, or maybe even green like the master emerald.

I do not wish for any other character to have a super form though. Dragon Ball Z ruined the effect of the super form by having so many achieve it.

It also would be nice if the super form wasn't restricted to the final boss. Sonic Riders got this concept right, as well as zero gravity. Super Sonic was terrible in zero gravity, but at least the concept was there.

Yes, I know I said a lot over different subjects in one post. But I felt compelled to cover all these subjects.

Watching a bit of Sonic X again, I've decided that episode 26 is the best portrayal of Super Sonic to be had.

This is really one of the few instances in which Super Sonic in the entire franchise isn't used for some kind of action sequence, but rather as a demonstration of pure divine power. There isn't even a real fight sequence to be had in this episode involving Super Sonic; he destroys Eggman's machine in all of three seconds, wasting no time to show off "style" or coolness like vanilla Sonic had before the E-99 began to beat him to death. It was really great, after Sonic's "death" sequence, to see him emerge from the ocean with everybody staring in awe.

It's really too bad that Super Sonic started appearing every six or so episodes afterwards. Also, "Kotoba ni Dekinai" is one of the most heartbreaking songs ever.