Awoo.

Discussion of Super Forms(And possibly other alt forms)

Blazey Firekitty

As much as I would like eggman to have his own Super form, unless done right, capes = no D:

This.

Excalibur Sonic wore a cape, and it didn't look right. So I don't want it to be done again.

Then again, Eggman is a human, while Sonic is an anthromorphic hedgehog.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SuperStingray

• Phos

• Blazey Firekitty

• Dr. Mechano

I wouldn't mind if Eggman had a Chaos energy powered 'Super' suit. Like armour. I would find that much easier to swallow than if he, physically, transformed. It seemed more suited to his way of doing things, in my opinion anyway.
See, now that could work.

Excalibur Sonic wore a cape, and it didn't look right. So I don't want it to be done again.
While I agree capes are a bit cliche, I didn't think it looked too bad on Sonic since it was small and used more regally rather than just another Superman cape.

Excalibur Sonic isn't really a super form though. It's just Sonic wearing golden armour. >.> Right? I mean I could be wrong, 'cos I've never played Black Knight before. XD; He does look badass though from what I've seen~ (he was already spoiled in that trailer lol)

While it's true that Excalibur Sonic is Sonic wearing golden armor, my guess is that weilding the most sacred of all the swords, Excalibur, gives him the incredible power to -- fly. And use Soul Surge really quickly.

The super form is way too spammed these days, only Sonic, Shadow of course and Knuckles since he's the guardian (it does make sense) should have a super form. Blaze as well if she appears, but that's the Sol Emeralds, not quite the same. Darkspine could "come back" as Sonic X did it, when Sonic is chaneling bad feelings instead of goodones. He could be very chaotic and mean as well, Fleetway like would be epic but it would probably upset a lot of people.

I'd like to see a final boss with an Eggman machine powered up with the seven emeralds and Sonic having to deal with this in his normal form.

SuperEggman.png

Oh man, this is awesome. I wouldn't like to see it in a normal game but one that would explore all the wack theories out there, this one should have a merit place.

Edited by redmenace

The super form is way too spammed these days, only Sonic, Shadow of course and Knuckles since he's the guardian (it does make sense) should have a super form. I'd like to see a final boss with an Eggman machine powered up with the seven emeralds and Sonic having to deal with this in his normal form.

I agree.

The final boss is a test of your mastery of the game. It makes sense that said test utilizes the gameplay you've been using all this time, rather than a sudden genre change.

If you spend the whole game running and jumping, it honestly baffles me that the final boss is a flying mode that's only used for one battle.

Edited by El Gran Gordo

I'd like to see a final boss with an Eggman machine powered up with the seven emeralds and Sonic having to deal with this in his normal form.
I once had this interesting idea for a final boss that uses this concept. Basically, Eggman has a simple enhanced Eggmobile that has a belt surrounding it that has the Chaos Emeralds inserted. You chase it down an endless path and the belt uses a roulette-style function and the Chaos Emerald in the front is utilized for the next attack. Each Emerald uses a different element to attack: the red is fire, the yellow is electricity, the green is life, the gray is ice, the light blue is wind, the dark blue is water, and the purple is stone. I know the whole "element" system is cliche by now, but I think the emeralds deserve some more individual identity. Anyway, as it cycles through the elements, you must hit him 3 times for each Emerald and that Emerald can no longer be used. Think Miracle Matter from Kirby 64.

I once had this interesting idea for a final boss that uses this concept. Basically, Eggman has a simple enhanced Eggmobile that has a belt surrounding it that has the Chaos Emeralds inserted. You chase it down an endless path and the belt uses a roulette-style function and the Chaos Emerald in the front is utilized for the next attack. Each Emerald uses a different element to attack: the red is fire, the yellow is electricity, the green is life, the gray is ice, the light blue is wind, the dark blue is water, and the purple is stone. I know the whole "element" system is cliche by now, but I think the emeralds deserve some more individual identity. Anyway, as it cycles through the elements, you must hit him 3 times for each Emerald and that Emerald can no longer be used. Think Miracle Matter from Kirby 64.

Would you mind explaining me how does "life" would attack the player? :blink:

Very thorny plants? It's the best thing I could think of for green. Edited by A Ham Sandwich

What about Green being life yes, but regenerates the machine AND throws some poison attacks and the like to Sonic? I always liked the concept of attack and defence for each element and this certainly could fit. Red enhances power and attacks with fire light blue enhances quickness and attacks with wind, purble wnhances defence and attacks with physical attacks, etc etc.

Edited by redmenace

If you spend the whole game running and jumping, it honestly baffles me that the final boss is a flying mode that's only used for one battle.
For the most part, the Super Sonic fight has always been more of a bonus than an actual challenge. Semifinal bosses like the Egg Viper, Biolizard, Egg Dragoon (and running through the Gaia Colossus, I guess), and so on are the ones that challenge the skills you've been using throughout the game.

Instead of thinking of it as just shooting whatever element is up at Sonic, consider it more as controlling that element. In the same way that controlling air can create a blast of wind or suck it away and create a vacuum, controlling "life" could also involve draining energy alongside healing. Maybe even draining Sonic to "heal" Eggman.

The plant thing works too, though a bit incongruous with Eggman's usual schtick.

Although I do want Super Sonic back in-level, he was never really an "important part" of the gameplay. It was always just a bonus for getting the emeralds, something a bit more tangible than just a good ending, but really not all that important.

That's actually a good point, come to think of it. He wasn't that important back then, it was just that you could use him more often.

I agree.

The final boss is a test of your mastery of the game. It makes sense that said test utilizes the gameplay you've been using all this time, rather than a sudden genre change.

It seems to me that that the last part of a game like a Sonic game should be more of a reward than a challenge, like you've worked to get to that point, now here's a few minutes of fun. Basically, destroying all of Eggman's things as Super Sonic (Hyper Sonic?), or at least whatever Eggman has left.

In the kind of levels that I'd like to see Sonic in, Super Sonic would be an awesome extra.

I wouldn't want anymore Super Forms, it kind of takes the uniquenss away~

I can understand Shadow, he was created, so it makes sense that he could control something like the chaos emeralds, and Blaze, who used the power of her own Sol Emeralds, but however much I love Silver, I hate the fact that they practically threw him in at the end with a super form! Seriously? Sure he time travels and is telekinetic but it still lacks some sense to it.

Knuckles and Tails had super forms right? Turbo Tails and Hyper Knuckles (correct me if I've gotten them mixed up with the comics). Again, Knuckles makes sense with his whole "connection" to the emeralds (so yes, a super Knux would be awsome)

I like the super forms just not used for every character x[

I don't have a problem with the storybook series' "super forms" , It's just Sonic and imo, the same super form just represented in a different way that would fit the storybook~

I want to see Eggman have a super form. Well, at least his mechs. While he did use all the chaos emeralds to power a huge laser to break apart the Earth in Unleashed, I think it would have been cooler if he had used them on his Egg-mobile. That would have given Sonic a lot more of a challenge.

It'd also be fun to play as Super Eggman.

That would be AMAZING! I want to see Super Eggman!!

I love the super forms, aslong as they're not all used at once, and when they are used that there is a good reason for it, I don't mind.

Turbo Tails and Hyper Knuckles (correct me if I've gotten them mixed up with the comics).

Hyper Knuckles is the correct name. Technically Tails' super form is just "Hyper Tails" in the games, but I prefer to use the comic name because it sounds more fun/unique to me.

Hyper Knuckles is the correct name. Technically Tails' super form is just "Hyper Tails" in the games, but I prefer to use the comic name because it sounds more fun/unique to me.

Actually, in Sonic 3 it was just Super Tails, but you needed the "Super"Emeralds to do it, kinda confusing huh? :huh:

Actually, in Sonic 3 it was just Super Tails, but you needed the "Super"Emeralds to do it, kinda confusing huh? :huh:

Yup, confusing. :blink:

Kinda funny how Chaos Emeralds always look like Super Emeralds now.

but however much I love Silver, I hate the fact that they practically threw him in at the end with a super form! Seriously?

When 06's plot was still under wraps, the hedgehog made people wonder if he was a descendant from either Sonic or Shadow. When I played the game, it made sense since he did achieve the super form. I'm kind of ashamed to think this now, because come to think of it, it's very terrible.

Turbo Tails and Hyper Knuckles (correct me if I've gotten them mixed up with the comics).

Turbo Tails comes from the comics, in S3&K, you could get "Super Tails" by getting the Super Emeralds. Knuckls had both a Super and Hyper form, the Chaos Emeralds get you Super Knuckles, the Super Emeralds give you Hyper Knuckles.

Yup, confusing. :blink:

Kinda funny how Chaos Emeralds always look like Super Emeralds now.

I think that what we see in the games nowadays are the Super Emeralds, they just call them "Chaos Emeralds" because that's what they were made from, so it's not a misnomer.

If you think about it, the Emeralds have been powering more than one thing during every primary series Super Fight:

Super Sonic and Perfect Chaos

Super Sonic and Super Shadow

Super Sonic and the rest of Team Sonic

Shadow never had a Hyper form, so ShtH is an exception

Super Sonic, Shadow, and Silver

Super Sonic and the Gaia Colossus

Just something to think about.

If the Super Emeralds are to have appeared in any game beyond S3&K, it would probably have to be SA1 - in the Past, the emeralds surrounding the Master Emerald altar are huge; the size of your character even.

Then again, they were as well during Sonic and Tails's emerald missions, but whatever

If you think about it, the Emeralds have been powering more than one thing during every primary series Super Fight:
Well yeah, but then you have to completely ignore the first two Advances and both Rushes. There's not even a need for the theory in the first place; there was never any rule that said the Chaos Emeralds couldn't power up more than one character at a time, and SA explained how the emeralds work in a way that makes it perfectly reasonable.

Size and shape don't mean anything either, as they were always changing between games in the early days and even recently the Master Emerald can change size.

Well yeah, but then you have to completely ignore the first two Advances and both Rushes. There's not even a need for the theory in the first place; there was never any rule that said the Chaos Emeralds couldn't power up more than one character at a time, and SA explained how the emeralds work in a way that makes it perfectly reasonable.

Size and shape don't mean anything either, as they were always changing between games in the early days and even recently the Master Emerald can change size.

I just replayed Sonic adventure 2 in my gamecube and in the first scene in the Last Story, Knuckles is shown with the master emerald, and it is the same size as a usual chaos emerald.

5:50

So this is possibly why characters are able to "carry" them in their spines XD

How many times have you asked "Where did that emerald came from?"

I just replayed Sonic adventure 2 in my gamecube and in the first scene in the Last Story, Knuckles is shown with the master emerald, and it is the same size as a usual chaos emerald.

5:50

So this is possibly why characters are able to "carry" them in their spines XD

How many times have you asked "Where did that emerald came from?"

Judging from all this, part of the reason they are "Chaos Emeralds" in the first place is that they can easily change not only their shape and size, but also whether they are matter, energy, or somewhere in between.

I was ignoring them. I'm not saying it's canon, it's just a funny coincidence I noticed.