Awoo.

Discussion of Super Forms(And possibly other alt forms)

Blazey Firekitty

If you think about it, the Emeralds have been powering more than one thing during every primary series Super Fight:

Shadow never had a Hyper form, so ShtH is an exception

What about Devil Doom?

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SuperStingray

• Phos

• Blazey Firekitty

• Dr. Mechano

Oh he was also being powered by the emeralds? I haven't played it, I though that was just Black Doom's true form or some other crap like that. Fits even better then.

Knuckles and Tails had super forms right? Turbo Tails and Hyper Knuckles (correct me if I've gotten them mixed up with the comics). Again, Knuckles makes sense with his whole "connection" to the emeralds (so yes, a super Knux would be awsome)

Hyper knux sounds right and it s super tails (according to sonic 3). Wait didnt Knux have a 2nd super/hyper form in the comics?

Green knux anyone? And what was that form called?

In S3&K, if you collected the chaos emeralds, you'd get Super Sonic and Super Knuckles.

If you collected the super emeralds, you'd get Hyper Sonic, Hyper Knuckles, and Super Tails.

In the comics, Sonic becomes Super Sonic and Ultra Sonic (which has branching transformations: Eco Sonic, Solar Sonic, and Polar Sonic).

Tails becomesTurbo Tails, the super form with the cape, and Hyper Tails, which is based off his game transformation.

Knuckles becomes Hyper Knuckles, Chaos Knuckles (when he turned green), and at one point in time he became Enerjak.

Oh he was also being powered by the emeralds? I haven't played it, I though that was just Black Doom's true form or some other crap like that. Fits even better then.

It's never actualy said he is but before you battle him he sais something like "I'll show you the true power of the Chaos emeralds" so you can suppose he was.

What about Devil Doom?

Devil Doom wasn't powered by the Chaos Emeralds last time I checked. The only thing he did with them was send the Black Comet down to earth to prepare for the finishing touches of the invasion.

Once Shadow confronted him, he teleported and somehow transformed into his Devil form while Shadow used the entire power of the Chaos Emeralds.

And Black Doom was supposedly an already powerful being, so for all we know his transformation could be the full extent of his powers.

The only way that I want Eggman to use the emeralds is to build a super robot and Sonic must attack the emeralds to knock them off of it...

As for the the other characters, I think only Sonic, Shadow, Knuckles, and Blaze should have super forms.

I absoloutely adore that chaos emerald Eggman final boss idea mentioned on the last page about each emerald having a different element.

However, with regards to Super Eggman... he'd essentially have his power boosted. I.e., he'd be able to do a standard amount of damage directly to Sonic (if Sonic wasn't also Super), he'd be really fast, but most importantly, his intelligence would be boosted tenfold.

Combine all this boosted speed and intelligence and you have a final fight with Eggman in which he can repair and build new extensions to his robot as you fight him.

That'd be a kinda cool concept I think.

Knock an arm off the robot? Better distract him by destroying the other before he repairs it.

Run away to grab some rings? Better hurry up or he'll build a laser to take you out from a distance, and then you'll have to destroy that too.

Would be a damn hard last boss, but offer lots of scope for replay and time attack afterward too.

Edited by JezMM

Whoa, JezMM, that Super Eggman idea is really awesome. That'd be an epic final boss. I don't think I'd ever be able to beat it though. Ever. :lol:

As for other characters having Super forms... I'd say any character with a connection to the Emeralds, so that'd be:

Sonic, of course, for his natural connection to the Chaos Emeralds. He's just naturally in-tune to the properties of the Emeralds... Maybe because they are like pure chaos, and Sonic's carefree and 'chaotic' nature allows him to channel the energy in a split second...? Sorta like how he spontaneously learned to use Chaos Control when he needed to. Like he can 'handle the Chaos'... Oh, I dunno. I'm probably talking rubbish now. XD

Shadow was created around using Chaos Energy manipulation, so (not so) naturally he can sustain a super form.

I think Knuckles having a super form would make sense, not out of bias fangirlism, but because he, like Sonic, has a natural connection to the Chaos Emeralds. Of course, he has his bond with the ME in being its Guardian, but he can also sense the energies from the Chaos (and Sol) Emeralds. Given that he must know the properties so well that it comes as a natural sixth sense, I'm pretty sure he could 'handle the Chaos' well enough to channel it.

Blaze takes her transformation from the Sol Emeralds, in which she has a link by being the Guardian. One could presume that she knows what the properties are like Knuckles knows that of the Master and Chaos Emeralds, and so she can probably channel them. However, she couldn't use them until after she learned the Power of Friendship... Probably because "Chaos is Power - Power enriched by the Heart", and since the Sol Emeralds probably have chaotic energy...

Silver is the one I'm not sure of... He seems to have some connection to the Emeralds on the basis that he spontaneously learned to use Chaos Control and had a super form, but that's probably just to help that "Holy Trinity" they had going on with him, Sonic and Shadow. But I can't see where his bond with the Emeralds would fit in as of now. Maybe we'll learn something later.

That's all I can think of for now ^^;

I think Knuckles having a super form could work if they reinvented it. Perhaps, like Blaze isn't Super Blaze but "Burning Blaze", Knuckles could transform into "Master Knuckles", getting his energy from the Master Emerald and gaining a cool, greenish glow.

Would be nice if he ever regained enough credibility to perhaps have his own spin-off. He's a little past his moment now, with Shadow being the current "cool rival" for Sonic, but I can see him scraping by a portable spin-off platformer perhaps.

I'd say that if there WAS going to be a Super Eggman, which might happen sometime in the future, that he should fight Sonic hand-to-hand.

Seriously, what better twist would it be to have an overweight, yet dangerous villian who usually works out of reach or in his vehicles to all of a sudden pull an Akuma growth spurt and start thrashing your ass all over the game with his bare hands when he used to be more known using a tank on steriods to do the job.

Super fast, super strong, super intellegent, nigh-invincible. With the exception of Marvel and DC characters, there usually aren't that many villians with those traits who are able to pull them off so memorably well.

And on top of that, the guy could also use a supersuit for whatever purpose he makes it for.

Just try not to make it so cliche to the same likes as the other superforms we have.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

I'd say that if there WAS going to be a Super Eggman, which might happen sometime in the future, that he should fight Sonic hand-to-hand.

Seriously, what better twist would it be to have an overweight, yet dangerous villian who usually works out of reach or in his vehicles to all of a sudden pull an Akuma growth spurt and start thrashing your ass all over the game with his bare hands when he used to be more known using a tank on steriods to do the job.

Super fast, super strong, super intellegent, nigh-invincible. With the exception of Marvel and DC characters, there usually aren't that many villians with those traits who are able to pull them off so memorably well.

And on top of that, the guy could also use a supersuit for whatever purpose he makes it for.

Just try not to make it so cliche to the same likes as the other superforms we have.

Take away Eggman's weaknesses and you have a Gary Stu for a villain.

Take away Eggman's weaknesses and you have a Gary Stu for a villain.

Damn, and here I was hoping to avoid that.

I don't know how to give him any other weaknesses, unless you want to give him some side effects of his transformation...and I haven't worked out how they would work...

In all fairness, I can't imagine a hand-to-hand fight with Sonic's moveset being that good.

It would only really be a more epic looking version of the Hero Vs Dark fights in Sonic Adventure 2, and those were kind of lame in comparison to the real bosses, even the upgraded Space Colony ARK battles..

Eggman fighting Sonic with his vehicles and gadgets is as hand-to-hand a fight between them should feel. It's Eggman's strengths versus Sonic's strengths.

I can't actually imagine anything more trite and cliché than giving Eggman a physical Super form. It would totally ruin the whole 'doesn't-need-powers-because-he-has-BRAINS' thing he's got going on. Sonic and co have these amazing physical abilities, yet Eggman keeps coming back and is a threat to them in spite of his weak human physiology. That's one of the most impressive things about ol' Eggy. Giving him a Super form would kill that.

Okay, so I had a post in typing, but I really messed it up bad and can't be bothered extracting any sense from it. :S

Personally, I think some of you guys aren't looking far enough over the other side of the fence. What is there to say it's impossible to throw some of that classical Eggman inginuity into a Super Eggy even without his gadgets (or as the case may be, monolithic deathbot machines of Power Rangers fame)? It just takes a little imagination is all. I could easily see Eggy using the extra power to build things on the spot, merely using resources from the environment around him, within the space of seconds. Nothing wrong with something like that, right? He need only resort to fisticuffs when backed into a corner.

Also to be fair, Super Sonic really isn't any different as long as we're talking Gary Stus. A flying, incredibly strong, completely invincible being capable of literally killing gods with his bare hands? Omnipotent in every sense of the word. I see no reason to treat him any differently.

I can't actually imagine anything more trite and cliché than giving Eggman a physical Super form. It would totally ruin the whole 'doesn't-need-powers-because-he-has-BRAINS' thing he's got going on. Sonic and co have these amazing physical abilities, yet Eggman keeps coming back and is a threat to them in spite of his weak human physiology. That's one of the most impressive things about ol' Eggy. Giving him a Super form would kill that.

Yeah. He has "crap-for-brains"!

Maybe give him a Super brain, then?

I'm cool with him using the Chaos Emeralds in any way EXCEPT a 'Super form'. If he can find a way to fuel his brain by wearing a Chaos-enhanced head-band, for instance, that wouldn't faze me. As long as he's using his intellect to utilise the emeralds and not just beefing himself up physically.

What if his head swelled up to make room for a Chaos-powered brain? That is, after all, a physical addition, but it's just there - it doesn't make him any stronger than he already is.

Edited by OvErLoRd

That wouldn't bother me as long as it was a deliberate and calculated thing requiring his original intelligence and not just the fact that the Emeralds were there.

What if his head swelled up to make room for a Chaos-powered brain? That is, after all, a physical addition, but it's just there - it doesn't make him any stronger than he already is.

Brilliant! So says The Leader!

Which brings up an interesting question: Who's smarter? Eggman or the Leader?

Eggman doesn't seem as corrupted as the Leader does, though. Also, Eggman's transformation would be temporary.

And I couldn't envision Eggman's body being as much out of proportion to his head as the Leader's is. XD