Awoo.

Generations 3DS Chat - Oh look guys new rules (p.58)

Jimbo

That Biolizard really does look strikingly similar to the original, even down to the modelling. 0_o The three bosses have got me a little excited, but I'm disappointed with the majority of the levels and rivals. Classic's Radical Highway looks really dull. As for the Time Eater being a lot less shit, well I expected that. How could they possibly make it worse? =P

Edited by Lungo

Pretty damn good! Most of the levels were rather well-done, if not short (Again), though I got a few gripes, namely Classic Radical Highway. With all the homing attack chains, jump pads, and focus on speed, it doesn't feel like a Classic Sonic level at all. Even the latter 2 stages look better made for Classic Sonic than it does. Plus, the music for Classic Tropical Resort and Water Palace doesn't even sound remixed! It sounds like they just slapped in the original track and called it a day. Hell, Modern Water Palace and Classic Water Palace sound almost identical. THAT's lazy.

Still, the bosses look great. The races look reminiscent of Sonic Rivals, while the bosses look lengthy, challenging, and fun. The Dreamcast era boss looks especially excellent, like a perfect recreation of the original fight, even with the challenge factor in-tact. Still, I think it might have been more interesting to see the F-Zone boss or something from Sonic Rush over the Modern era boss, but what we got ain't too bad. And hell, the final boss is infinitely better put together and more badass than the console version was. Truly one of the better Super fights in the series. So kudos to you Dimps.

Thanks so much for upload these, Thigolf! My only requests at this point are Classic Emerald Coast, Modern Radical Highway, and the Silver race. But if you can't do it, I totally understand, I appreciate being able to see this! biggrin.png

Edited by EXshad

I think it looks quite good. Again, thank you for all you've done Thigolf.

Musically I like the new mixes of Radical Highway and Supporting Me. I only have one nitpick. Listen to the noises the Biolizard makes. Those roars are not from the Biolizard. I recognise them as roars of the Dark Gaia Phoenix. Why not have the originals since Perfect Chaos sounds pretty much the same?

Thanks so much for upload these, Thigolf! My only requests at this point are Classic Emerald Coast, Modern Radical Highway, and the Silver race. But if you can't do it, I totally understand, I appreciate being able to see this! biggrin.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Seeing Tropical Resort really makes me wish that it was in the console version. I wasn't really fond of Planet Wisp in both Colours and Generations. It's so damn boring.

Edited by Neon

Tropical Resort looked pretty good actually. They actually managed the Wisp use better than in the HD version by the looks of it, not just spamming it everywhere.

Also I'm pretty sure Water Palace Modern isn't exactly the same as the original, it's similar but the underwater bits in particular are very different. Seems like there's less bottomless pits than there were in the original level too, which is only a good thing. Looks like a pretty fun level for both Sonics, perhaps helped by Dimps' familiarity having made it before.

Classic Radical Highway looks pretty annoying to play though. I hope Modern's is better. The music is sweet all round though.

Classic Modern and Classic mixes of all stages please tongue.png Oh, and maybe boss tunes? Thanks biggrin.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Would love to have hear the Modern Back 2 Back remix if you dont mind DKoops :) (I dont wanna turn my 3DS on everytime I wanna hear that song so that would be really nice)

Would love to have hear the Modern Back 2 Back remix if you dont mind DKoops smile.png (I dont wanna turn my 3DS on everytime I wanna hear that song so that would be really nice)

• Thumbs Up 5

The other thing is the final boss. It is undeniably LEAGUES better in the 3DS version that the HD version.
Edited by ArtFenix
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yet more CG stuff I haven't seen before. I still don't understand why these aren't at least unlockable in the game. It seems like such a waste.

After watching some footage...it looks pretty good. The boss fights are much better then the HD version. I'll make sure to grab it when it drops in price a bit.

Bosses look good, but I can't believe they made homing attack mandatory for Classic Sonic in the later levels. It screams laziness, as does the lack of remixes for classic Tropical Resort and Water Palace. Pretty as the game looks, the level design is just more DIIIIIMPS.

Thanks for the vids, though! I realize that it must've been a lot of work.

I love how Tropical Resort has elements from the DS (Classic) and Wii (Modern) versions of Colors, something that the HD version failed to do.

I will see what I can do! Will start with all regular stages and take it from there :)
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bosses look good, but I can't believe they made homing attack mandatory for Classic Sonic in the later levels.

Um, no they aren't. The way their placed allows you to also Jump Chain.