Awoo.

Generations 3DS Chat - Oh look guys new rules (p.58)

Jimbo

...Well that doesn't make any sense, why would they use three Classic era stages and use only two Dreamcast and Modern era stages...

Because it's not the main version of the game, it's not got as big a budget and likely much less development time as well. It's a cost cutting measure. They omitted Savanah Citadel acts from Unleashed Wii/PS2 and completely ignored the entirety of Empire City as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

Because it's not the main version of the game, it's not got as big a budget and likely much less development time as well. It's a cost cutting measure. They omitted Savanah Citadel acts from Unleashed Wii/PS2 and completely ignored the entirety of Empire City as well.

Sadly I didn't have my PS3 when Unleashed came out... T_T I'm so ashamed....

That Biolizard battle looks magnificent and the music was always great. I'm really surprised on how they did the boss battles + Time Eater. So much better then what Sonic Team could do.

Yeah, it's so much better then what Sonic Team could do even though the boss battles are the same fights from the originals the same games that Sonic Team made. Time Eater is better and that's it.

• Thumbs Up 6

I'm kind of happy to see people saying positive things about the levels now that we're seeing more. Was I not wrong that the levels would be much better then Emerald Coast several pages back? And I don't know.. I'm kind of liking the fact there isn't 400 things going on at once like the HD version. That Biolizard battle looks magnificent and the music was always great. I'm really surprised on how they did the boss battles + Time Eater. So much better then what Sonic Team could do. Next game - Sonic Team with level design and Dimps doing boss battles? What an epic combination!

No...just...no....

On a personal note,this version of the game is a piece of a crap.Yeah the Time Eater is better,but who cares? It's blaaaaaanddd,the level design is sooo bland.The Metal Sonic\Shadow boss is not even a fight,The Biolizard is the exact same thing and the Egg Emperor is meh.

Screw you Dimps.

Edited by pppp

Actually, I think the 3DS versions of the battles look and play better. We have to remember that they converted it to a 2D Plane and thus had to change around some things. I remember having issues with Biolizard in SA2. Even the bubble chains at the end look better then what the original did. Egg Emperor has you boosting around in a circle while trying to homing attack Eggman. I even liked how they made Sonic boost into the center and let Eggman destroy his own cannons. Didn't the original have you destroying them by yourself? (Let alone the boss battle being a team thing, and not just Sonic)

Don't forget these battles aren't just carbon copies. They are improved and given new mechanics. We're taking 3D boss battles and making them 2D and giving a focus on boost. Edit: They also appear to be faster.

I never brought up the Rivals and those aren't even battles. Those are races!

Edited by Autosaver

Actually, I think the 3DS versions of the battles look and play better. We have to remember that they converted it to a 2D Plane and thus had to change around some things. I remember having issues with Biolizard in SA2. Even the bubble chains at the end look better then what the original did. Egg Emperor has you boosting around in a circle while trying to homing attack Eggman. I even liked how they made Sonic boost into the center and let Eggman destroy his own cannons. Didn't the original have you destroyed them by yourself? (Let alone the boss battle being a team thing, and not just Sonic)

Don't forget these battles aren't just carbon copies. They are improved and given new mechanics. We're taking 3D boss battles and making them 2D and giving a focus on boost. Edit: They also appear to be faster.

I've fallen into the idea that no matter what is said people who don't like it are still gonna bitch about it one way or another so let them have their fun

I've fallen into the idea that no matter what is said people who don't like it are still gonna bitch about it one way or another so let them have their fun

People will hate this game, for many reasons.

1. Personal Opinon (Sane though.)

2. Dimps Haters

3. 3DS Haters

Im sorry, but is this a "Generations 3DS" topic or another " Dimps is the devil" topic?

'Neither, it's the *Generic Dimps Hating Thread No.49361314

Im sorry, but is this a "Generations 3DS" topic or another " Dimps is the devil" topic?

I'm not even sure if the people complaining are ever going to pick up the game. A lot of them are already writing off the game as terrible without even playing it.

I'm not even sure if the people complaining are ever going to pick up the game. A lot of them are already writing off the game as terrible without even playing it.

I'm getting the game for Christmas and willing to give it a chance. I'm still waiting for this game to really impressed me which it hasn't looking at some of the gameplay footage sadly.

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 1

I personally think the 3DS version is obviously much worse than the console, but if you can't get the console version, this is a good substitute. And actually, there were some better things to this version than the console, but I won't name them because then you guys would get into a debate-house style argument, now wouldn't ya.

Okay, can we not use this topic as a means of bitching about those on the opposite end of the opinion scale? You guys are fucking rabid sometimes.

That means stop bitching about Dimps haters/supporters. As in I will delete posts and give strikes if I see fit if you don't listen to me right now.

By the way the game looks terrible.

• Thumbs Up 9

I'm getting the game for Christmas and willing to give it a chance. I'm still waiting for this game to really impressed me which it hasn't looking at some of the gameplay footage sadly.

I'm loving the fact you're giving the game a chance. At least you're trying out the game instead of just shoving it in the trash with no intent on even playing it.

I don't own a 3DS right now, but I'm going to pick it up when I get one.

Okay, can we not use this topic as a means of bitching about those on the opposite end of the opinion scale? You guys are fucking rabid sometimes.

That means stop bitching about Dimps haters/supporters.

By the way the game looks terrible.

Hmmmm... we have let ourselves bitch quite too much about the game, huh? After all, this game did so many things right... but we've all been focusing on the flaws...

You can focus on the game's flaws all you damn please. The game has no feelings, so tear it apart if you wish. What I don't want is people lunging at each other's throats about it. Two completely different things.

But yeah drop this right fucking now and get back to talking about the actual game.

• Thumbs Up 3

Hmmmm... we have let ourselves bitch quite too much about the game, huh? After all, this game did so many things right... but we've all been focusing on the flaws...

That gave me an idea.

I know some of you don't like the game, but is there anything in the game that you like/like better then the HD version?

I'm loving the fact you're giving the game a chance. At least you're trying out the game instead of just shoving it in the trash with no intent on even playing it.

^_^ I'm hoping the game plays more fun then it looks so hopefully it can prove me wrong.

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 1

You can focus on the game's flaws all you damn please. The game has no feelings, so tear it apart if you wish. What I don't want are people lunging at each other's throats about it. Two completely different things.

But yeah drop this right fucking now and get back to talking about the actual game.

Oh. Yeah, that too... this is the fan war we've been having since Sonic Heroes all over again! O_O

That gave me an idea.

I know some of you don't like the game, but is there anything in the game that you like/like better then the HD version?

Hmmmm... well, the most obvious is the Time Eater boss fight... I personally like how diverse they make classic and modern remixes this time... (although Back 2 Back wasn't so different) This time they have multiplayer and streetpass... which from what I've seen and heard looks pretty nice. And I like what they did with the Modern Era as well... they still partially kept their promise which is fantastic, not to mention, it seems they stressed the nostalgic feeling in this game better than the console.

Im hoping footage of Classic Emrald Coast and Classic Radical Highway comes up Soon.

Oh yeah, and my favorite part of the game from what I've seen?

Classic Radical Highway.

... Time Eater, I guess. Everything else is shit.

What do you think about Tropical Resort + Classic Levels?

Im hoping footage of Classic Emrald Coast and Classic Radical Highway comes up Soon.

Oh yeah, and my favorite part of the game from what I've seen?

Classic Radical Highway.

don't you mean modern radical highway?

What do you think about Tropical Resort + Classic Levels?

I love both tropical resorts, both water palaces since I never played rush i don't really care if modern is similar, classic radical highway, basically I like everthing other than Modern Emerald Coast

.....well the game is in GLASSES-FREE 3D

I'll give Gens3DS that much. Also Mushroom hill is cool. but yeah, piece of shit game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Things I hate about this game:

Level design

Graphics are sub par in backgrounds

Most Levels and Bosses are carbon copies

Rivals are mostly Straight line Zones and too damn short

No Super Sonic outside bosses

Things I like about this game:

Sonic Heroes menu music.

btw, that "Well they only had a year to develop this game" excuse is shit. Tons of companies only had a year, even less to develop launch games for the 3ds, and most of them look better then this lazy half assed port. If not, then Shinobi should look like complete and utter shit, and have horrible level design, cause you know they only started developing that last year too.

It's obvious this port was made for money and nothing else.

Edited by Mike Dawson
  • Thumbs Up 2