Awoo.

Generations 3DS Chat - Oh look guys new rules (p.58)

Jimbo

I dunno, if I was the level designer, I'd have probably intentionally left it in out of OCD/nostalgia/accuracy/whatever.

For that you would also had the boss from the original stage (maybe turning him into a chase scene or whatever), then the post would have made sence.

Edited by Tmsp

I've been to a ton of stores over the weekend and none of them had Generations 3DS. At least, I couldn't find it on display with other 3DS games. And I'm not saying I didn't see it because it was sold out, I mean I don't think it was even stocked to begin with. Gamestop, Target and Best Buy had nada, not even an empty space where it might have been had it sold out.

Man, EC Modern looks kinda bland, I hope other levels are better......

OFF TOPIC: This thread has reached 69 pages.

• Thumbs Up 1

For that you would also had the boss from the original stage (maybe turning him into a chase scene or whatever), then the post would have made sence.

This assumes you have the time budget to do that. If I didn't, I'd still leave the checkpoint in.

This assumes you have the time budget to do that. If I didn't, I'd still leave the checkpoint in.

You'd leave little things in the game that appear to be nothing more than the result of not caring to check your work? It's not about time and budget either- the boss was omitted so the game could be structured the right way. There is genuinely no reason for it to be there. "Nostalgia" is pretty ridiculous since it serve fuck all purpose, and there's no accuracy in keeping it. It would be like putting the big rings in and having them do nothing.

Not really, since checkpoints already exist as a game object. If YOUR logic was true they may as well have removed all the caves that originally housed big rings.

...I can't believe this arguement is really happening. XD

• Thumbs Up 3

What 'pointless checkpoint' do you mean? I don't recall Mushroom hill having a 'pointless checkpoint'. After all, the original Sonic Team had genius level designers

Personally i'm really enjoying the game, especially the online mode. For me the Oldschool Sonic levels are a bit meh but the modern Sonic ones are fantastic. :D

Would anybody fancy playing online? :)

What 'pointless checkpoint' do you mean? I don't recall Mushroom hill having a 'pointless checkpoint'. After all, the original Sonic Team had genius level designers

The check point before the mid boss (which is absent from the 3DS version and is replaced by the goal post) so basically you pass the checkpoint and you reach the goal

The rolling is significantly better in 3DS than in the console version. It actually speeds you up, even though it seems to have a speed cap. I keep hearing about a way to replicate genesis rolling in the console version through customization and have seen a video that proves it, but I've yet to be able to do it.

I tried equipping Athleticism and Long Spin Dash, and you can sometimes roll through every loop on the lower route of Classic Green Hill, but you're actually rolling and then proceeding to run around the loop, you just have the rolling animation playing. There's not really much point when you have the high powered Spin Dash though. I never got why people were complaining it's too overpowered I love it, refreshing from that slow excuse for a Spin Dash in Sonic 4. Fuck that game was shitty.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dude, it is just a checkpoint. And yes, nostalgia can be factored into why it was kept. Dimps wanted to keep the stages exactly the same (excluding the boss) so I can see why they left it in. Who cares if it doesn't serve a purpose? There are a ton of different things to complain about other then one little checkpoint kept for nostalgic purposes.

Meh. The guys at Dimps were just told to make an exact replica of it, likely by SEGA (so that it would take less time to complete the game, y'know). They only did their job, nothing more nothing less. It's just a checkpoint, guys. Nintendo themselves have made bigger errors.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's one of the many examples showing off just how stupidly lazy Dimps is. That's all that needs to be said.

Wouldn't it have been lazier for them to NOT put it in there, considering how useless it is?

Edited by Speederino

I've been to a ton of stores over the weekend and none of them had Generations 3DS. At least, I couldn't find it on display with other 3DS games. And I'm not saying I didn't see it because it was sold out, I mean I don't think it was even stocked to begin with. Gamestop, Target and Best Buy had nada, not even an empty space where it might have been had it sold out.

I have been having the same problem, nothing at Gamestop, Walmart had the spot for it but I went to walmart the day before it was launched. Target at first didn't have it but yesterday I saw it not in the 3DS section but in the DS section

What did they do for them to delay the game aside from graphical changes? Did they modify the Sonic 4 physics to be more genesis-y? I remember the oldest videos of green hill looking like sonic 4 physics complete with uncurling

What did they do for them to delay the game aside from graphical changes? Did they modify the Sonic 4 physics to be more genesis-y? I remember the oldest videos of green hill looking like sonic 4 physics complete with uncurling

really? where? can you link them?

and they are not delaying de game for any change, there are place with the game, i'm sure

Holy fuck guys, its just a friggin checkpoint.

If you're gonna keep dumping on Dimps, at least be somewhat reasonable and logical in your complaints. Goddamn.

The little things add up man.

• Thumbs Up 3

Holy fuck guys, its just a friggin checkpoint.

If you're gonna keep dumping on Dimps, at least be somewhat reasonable and logical in your complaints. Goddamn.

Even if Dimps was stupid enough not to realize the checkpoint is pointless, the gametesters WOULD realize it. It was left in deliberately