Awoo.

Generations 3DS Chat - Oh look guys new rules (p.58)

Jimbo

I liked all the music, but it did bother me that whoever remixed Classic Emerald Coast and Radical Highway must have had zero communication with whoever stated the direction for all the other classic remixes.

Water Palace and Tropical Resort were just lazy. The rule of OCD allows me to say "WELL, Water Palace's remix has never appeared in a GAME before", and "WELL, "Classic" Tropical Resort could still be seen as a remix of the DS Tropical Resort".

But no.

Anyway, I took a bit longer than a couple of hours as I promised, but here's the 100% Complete Collection Room:

I'm happy that they added a few new tracks in, such as the ones found in Rush & Rush Adventure, though I also wished that they took the time to give the advance games maybe one or two new tracks, and possibly even give us a quick Sunset Hill Act 3 remix (Also, where's my What U Need & Pirate's Island?)

The artwork is pretty nice, but I do wish they added a few more pieces of concept art

As for the models, the Orbot & Cubot took me by surprise, as well as the use of Modern Metal. Though I do wish that the classic characters got a model of their own, as well as Blaze, Marine, Vanilla, and Gemerl (though they at least got a few pieces of artwork)

Wait...

AHA! I've figured it out! The 3DS manga featured the characters it did at the Birthday party because it was going off the unlockable renders in the model gallery! Mystery solved.

I skimmed through that sound video and noticed something. Isn't Door Into Summer the collection room sound track in the HD version?

Loving how the Advance/Rush titles have a ton of tracks in the game yet they only have one stage representing them. Screw Radical Highway/Emerald Coast, Advance/Rush stages would of been 100x more interesting.

Wha WHAT!? Blizzard Peaks, Jeh Jeh Rocket, AND Sky Babylon!?

Good freaking choices!

BTW, could someone link me a picture of those Marine art at 0:34 and 0:45?

Edited by Dantemustdie00
  • Thumbs Up 1

I may be wrong but aren't those arts completely new? Meaning that no one has a link to the pictures.

I'm refering to an actual capture pic from the video, of course no one has a direct link to the actual pictures.

If 5/10 is average, then yes, that's a fair score. But in these twisted ridiculous times where anything below a 7 means it's movie licence garbage, 5/10 is not a fair score.

I respect those brave few reviewers who try to use the whole 10 point scale, but they're fighting a lost cause.

• Thumbs Up 4

Eventually, it will be considered a travesty to get anything below a 9, then anything that isnt a perfect 10 is automatically bad even if its .000000000000001 off.

• Thumbs Up 1

I played the entire game through with the 3D turned off, because it really hurt my eyes in Green Hill Zone act 1. If there are any brave souls who left the 3D on, I want to ask them if there are any specific parts in the game where you'd recommend switching the 3D to max?

I played the entire game through with the 3D turned off, because it really hurt my eyes in Green Hill Zone act 1. If there are any brave souls who left the 3D on, I want to ask them if there are any specific parts in the game where you'd recommend switching the 3D to max?

I remember seeing an area where the 3D would probably be most useful - Emerald Coast. Near the end where Sonic jumps towards the screen and has a QTE.

For most new games, I try to do my first playthrough with the 3D on (really long games aside). To answer your question directly, I'd personally never recommend having the thing on full, that just rapes your eyes. I personally tend to leave it around the middle or one-third mark.

In terms of any parts that look particularly good in 3D, it's... kind of hard to say. Whilst the game's modelled in 3D, the fact it's still 2D gameplay from a side-on perspective means there's only so much the 3D effect can really do, in my opinion. It's certainly less noticeable than it is in full free-roaming, behind-the-shoulder view games.

That said, I do think it adds a bit in general, obviously more noticeable in more '3D' parts of the game.

Oh, I do think it makes the platforms in Water Palace Act 1 look quite nice. Also the part where the big robot smashes through the big wall in the background.

I love the quality of that video but i hate fucking lets plays with a passon. if he could just re-do the playthrough without the commentary that would be great.

Word for word?! i don't remember that little dalioge with sonic and tails in the intro cutscene. this certainly isn't word for word.

For the other cutscenes it sure as hell is. :/

I think this game is selling great. It's sold out on Amazon ( it has third party sellers trying to get $60 for it) and it was sold out at Walmart too. Not that I was trying to get it, I was just checking.

Modern Dark Gary and Classic Dark Gary cover Sonic Generations 3DS on the US Nintendo Channel's Nintendo Week show

It's statistically very unlikely to be hit by lightning but it would most certainly try to hit you if you were that fucking close to it.

As obnoxiously 90s as they were, at least they got their facts right. Kudos to the Heroes mention too. They did miss out Rush, but I don't particularly care about that game. :V

• 2 weeks later...

As I expected, I'm enjoying Sonic Generations on 3DS more than the console versions. Yes, it has its flaws, but it's still pretty fun. The console & PC version is a great game and a huge step-up from other recent console games, but I'm still not a big fan of the current 3D gameplay style.

As I expected, I'm enjoying Sonic Generations on 3DS more than the console versions. Yes, it has its flaws, but it's still pretty fun. The console & PC version is a great game and a huge step-up from other recent console games, but I'm still not a big fan of the current 3D gameplay style.

I'm not a fan of the current 3D gameplay either (also annoyed that "Classic" plays so little like the actual classics) and I still find the 3DS Generations to be garbage in comparison. Mainly due to how piss poor the level designs are since level design and physics make Sonic Sonic.

Generations Modern Sonic = Best 3D Sonic gameplay we've ever seen. Still has room for improvement, but we've never had level design this good, controls this smooth, or this much polish.

JENURASHUNZ Modern Sonic = Boost. And boost. And more boost.

Generations Classic Sonic = Good physics. Amazing level design.

JENURASHUNZ Classic Sonic = Perfect physics. Abominable level design.

At least the way I see it. [insert Dimps hate here]

• Thumbs Up 7

As much as it pains me to say it, I personally find that the 3DS version borders quite heavily between 'average' and 'bad'. =/ The levels for the most part are rather poorly designed, and the few that are done pretty well aren't really enough to elevate the game that much higher.

I really hope the next 3DS Sonic game they make isn't a watered-down alternative to a big console release. Rush and Rush Adventure were great, but Colours DS and Generations 3DS just feel like cut-back and inferior versions of the real thing, rather than solid games in their own right.

One thing I still find odd is how much of a slide Dimps have taken, really. 5-10 years ago, they were seen as making some of the best Sonic games around, and now they're rather infamous.

It's a shame, really. The physics were generally peoples biggest complaints with Dimps in the DS games and Sonic 4- they fix those for the 3DS, then make badly-designed stages. =/

What's with the JENURASHUNZ running gag, anyway? Is there a pun in there? Maybe a vocal mispronounciation from some old preview? What?

I'm assuming people are using it as a 'comical' way of distinguishing between the two versions with a play on stupidity, given how the 3DS version is generally seen as inferior. I dunno. D:

I've beaten it. The game is okay. I find the modern Sonic stages to be a little too boost happy and Classic Sonic don't really get as much screentime and he slowly starts to play as modern Sonic after the classic era. It's very easy to enter the special stages, too. You don't even have to beat the level with 50 rings, all you have to do is beat the classic and modern levels for that stage and then the special stage opens up and you can play it whenever you want. The special stages themselves is also very easy. Only the last emerald is the one that really gave me trouble. But I have to admit anybody who have said that the final boss for the 3DS version is better is right. But yeah, I gave it a chance. It was fun while it lasted.