Awoo.

Generations 3DS Chat - Oh look guys new rules (p.58)

Jimbo

What's with the JENURASHUNZ running gag, anyway? Is there a pun in there? Maybe a vocal mispronounciation from some old preview? What?

I'm the one who started it and generally the only one who uses it. d:

I call the 3DS version of the game SANIK JENURASHUNZ because of what I see the game as: A cheap knock-off of a much better game. It's the same thing as comparing a Playstation 3 to a Polystation 3.

Radical Highway Classic (and to an only slightly lesser extent, Modern) need to burn. Tropical Resort Classic is pretty bad too, since it epitomises the Wisp-spam of Colours DS.

Seriously though, I quietly curse/ cringe/ cry whenever I'm playing someone online and they choose Radical Highway. Why would you do that? ;___;

I'm the one who started it and generally the only one who uses it. d:

I call the 3DS version of the game SANIK JENURASHUNZ because of what I see the game as: A cheap knock-off of a much better game. It's the same thing as comparing a Playstation 3 to a Polystation 3.

Believe me, Dissident, your every single post about the game screams that opinion from capital letter to period.

I was just wondering if there was a joke. Carry on, by all means.

I enjoyed the 3DS version, but...eh. It's not great. If the could've done a Classic Sonic that wasn't just a nerfed Modern I would've been more engaged about it.

"We can't design good levels for Classic, so here's the Homing Attack for when we run out of Genesis levels to copy-paste" seems to be the design philosophy.

OK i played up to the 4th special stage and it's just crap.All of you that prefer this version i can't understand your logic.Classic Emerald Coast is completely broken: The Whale sequence has terrible controls for some reason and the level design is incredibly random to the point of confusion(Why are there vertical-positioned platforms? It's not like you can jump on them).

Modern Sonic is boost to win. It's not any better than just watching it,so sorry AutoSaver,you're wrong.

All of you that prefer this version just have very low standards,i'm sorry.

All of you that prefer this version just have very low standards,i'm sorry.

... Or they could just like this version, regardless of their "standards".

• Thumbs Up 2

Seriously though, I quietly curse/ cringe/ cry whenever I'm playing someone online and they choose Radical Highway. Why would you do that? ;___;

Suddenly Pinhead rears his ugly head and says

"Hehehehe... Your suffering shall be legendary -Mark-."

Okay, so last year some of you might remember that I managed to break Sonic Colours on the DS

Well, I've gone and run into an annoying glitch in Generations 3DS, now. D:

So, I was just playing an online match and literally got stuck in a corner whilst stomping. Couldn't move, couldn't jump, couldn't do anything to break free. Only stand stuck and watch helplessly as the person I was previously beating caught up, overtook me and went on to win the race, all the while me being totally helpless.

Joy. D:

Dear God, I just completed it. I’m honestly baffled by how terrible this piece of shit is. In fact, I’d go as far as to say that it’s even worse than Sonic Chronicles (at least in that game I could avoid dying if I knew what I was doing); giving it the coveted title of worst handheld Sonic game in history.Here are my final thoughts:

Classic Sonic: Yes, the physics are better than the HD version, but who cares? The level design is incredibly bland, annoying, and is flat-out confusing at times (like what I said earlier about Classic Emerald Coast). I think I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve been killed by sudden control failures and lack of clarity.

Modern Sonic: As expected, most of it is nothing more than Boost to Win. Most of it. When it's not, it's horribly designed platforming plagued by glitches and bad controls. And as if it wasn’t bad enough already, there’s still the awkward design choices: Boosting (going fast) while I’m running in Radical Highway's buildings makes me fall to my death, but holding forward (going at regular speed) works perfectly. What kind of sense does that make?

Special Stages: All of them are hideously easy so.....meh.

Bosses: Like the special stages, all of them are hideously easy… with the exception of the Time Eater, anyway. Good God, that fight was torturous. Avoiding his hand attacks is insanely difficult (making ring-collection virtually impossible) and the 2D parts are almost completely void of rings. At least the HD Time Eater got tolerable with practice. So yeah, even Time Eater is worse in this version for me.

There,I'll finish my review with a video that sums up my feeling towards Dimps:

Edited by pppp
  • Thumbs Up 5

Dear God, I just completed it. I’m honestly baffled by how terrible this piece of shit is. In fact, I’d go as far as to say that it’s even worse that it’s even worse than Sonic Chronicles (at least in that game I could avoid dying if I knew what I was doing); giving it the coveted title of worst handheld Sonic game in history.Here are my final thoughts:

Classic Sonic: Yes, the physics are better than the HD version, but who cares? The level design is incredibly bland, annoying, and is flat-out confusing at times (like what I said earlier about Classic Emerald Coast). I think I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve been killed by sudden control failures and lack of clarity.

Modern Sonic: As expected, most of it is nothing more than Boost to Win. Most of it. When it's not, it's horribly designed platforming plagued by glitches and bad controls. And as if it wasn’t bad enough already, there’s still the awkward design choices: Boosting (going fast) while I’m running in Radical Highway's buildings makes me fall to my death, but holding forward (going at regular speed) works perfectly. What kind of sense does that make?

Special Stages: All of them are hideously easy so.....meh.

Bosses: Like the special stages, all of them are hideously easy… with the exception of the Time Eater, anyway. Good God, that fight was torturous. Avoiding his hand attacks is insanely difficult (making ring-collection virtually impossible) and the 2D parts are almost completely void of rings. At least the HD Time Eater got tolerable with practice. So yeah, even Time Eater is worse in this version for me.

There,I'll finish my review with a video that sums up my feeling towards Dimps:

So it's really that bad...well, TO MARIO KART 7!!!

Finally this game is getting the hate it deserves >w>

I was afraid people actually thought this game was good

• Thumbs Up 1

Finally this game is getting the hate it deserves >w>

I was afraid people actually thought this game was good

Wait, what? Every other page had hate for the game.

At least the HD Time Eater got tolerable with practice. So yeah, even Time Eater is worse in this version for me.

The one thing I simply can't agree with. Nothing could be as bad as that peice of shit HD boss in my opinion.

Wait, what? Every other page had hate for the game.

You're right. All the other pages were talking about the artwork inside o:

• Thumbs Up 1

The one thing I simply can't agree with. Nothing could be as bad as that peice of shit HD boss in my opinion.

Hooray, someone who shares my hate for that boss. I can't even 100% the game because I really can't be asked with that 'Can't Touch This' achievement.

Edited by KrazySanta14

Hooray, someone who shares my hate for that boss.

I hate it to :v

But the 3DS' is equally as bad. So freaking tedious and boring

Edited by Username is already taken

Good God, that fight was torturous. Avoiding his hand attacks is insanely difficult (making ring-collection virtually impossible) and the 2D parts are almost completely void of rings. At least the HD Time Eater got tolerable with practice. So yeah, even Time Eater is worse in this version for me.

The ring collection is done on the way to the hands, and the point of the 2D sections is to dodge his attacks (if you get hit he does more, wasting your time and rings). You get rings given to you inbetween each set of attacks. Basically if you don't have enough rings it's because you need to dodge better.

I agree that the final hands attack is balls to the walls hard though.

Did you seriously hate Water Palace and Tropical Resort that much though? I thought they were pretty on par with Sonic Rush's stage design, unless you hated that too. Emerald Coast and Radical Highway are the only really awkward bleh stages to me.

Did you seriously hate Water Palace and Tropical Resort that much though? I thought they were pretty on par with Sonic Rush's stage design, unless you hated that too. Emerald Coast and Radical Highway are the only really awkward bleh stages to me.

and the 2D parts are almost completely void of rings.

Hah! That means you not only weren't able to dodge his attacks, you got hit so much that rings wouldn't spawn. ProTip: Dodge every attack in a sequence and rings will spawn with 100% certainty. Get hit once and the amount of rings will halve while the boss's attacks go on longer. Get hit a lot and you get diddly squat, which is what happened to you.

The 3DS Time Eater is an excellent boss. You're just terrible at it.

• Thumbs Up 2

...I like the 3ds version. Just cause I like it doesn't mean I think it's amazing. I just like it tis all. People sure do like to bash this game and make it seem worse then Sonic 06/Chronicles, but it really isn't that bad imo. Oh well, to each his/her own.

*still likes the game*

*was playing it a second ago*

*was playing Radical Highway act 2*

*was enjoying it*

*u mad bros*

The only thing that bothers me is how it's not too easy to focus on Sonic. My focus tends to drift to something else on the screen for some reason.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't hate the game by any means, but it's certainly a mixed bag. Water Palace and Green Hill are probably my favourite Modern stages. Dreamcast Era are the weakest. Bosses are generally quite good.

*still likes the game*

*was playing it a second ago*

*was playing Radical Highway act 2*

*was enjoying it*

*u mad bros*

The only thing that bothers me is how it's not too easy to focus on Sonic. My focus tends to drift to something else on the screen for some reason.

Hah! That means you not only weren't able to dodge his attacks, you got hit so much that rings wouldn't spawn. ProTip: Dodge every attack in a sequence and rings will spawn with 100% certainty. Get hit once and the amount of rings will halve while the boss's attacks go on longer. Get hit a lot and you get diddly squat, which is what happened to you.

The 3DS Time Eater is an excellent boss. You're just terrible at it.

So it's when i need rings the most that they don't appear.How does that make any sense? Shouldn't the rings appear all the time like every other Super Sonic boss? Yet another terrible design choice.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 1

So it's when i need rings the most that they don't appear.How does that make any sense? Shouldn't the rings appear all the time like every other Super Sonic boss? Yet another terrible design choice.

What, not enough hand-holding for ya? You honestly insist that if a player is doing poorly at a boss fight, then the boss should get easier?

The Time Eater's attacks can't hurt Super Sonic, so by instead having you be punished by not being able to regain rings effectively if you don't dodge you get an incentive to avoid getting hit. If they removed that "terrible design choice" then the player could literally let go of the controls during the 2D sections and just wait for rings and for the weak point to open.

You're totally free to complain about the poor level design and the admittedly true Boost to Win gameplay, but I call foul when you call a boss fight badly designed just because you're bad at it. Especially when it's a final boss. A final boss you can beat on your first try without any trouble - now that is a badly designed final boss, because where's the satisfaction in winning without a challenge?