Awoo.

Sega to demo a later stage at Paris Games Weekons

ソウル

EDIT: Did that chase at the end include a reference to the way the bosses in Colours spat rings when they were defeated? Nice touch.

Frigate_Skullian_-_Screenshot_-_%281%29.png

830px-Sonic_Generations_Spagonia_11.jpg

Pretty much.

• Thumbs Up 1

Level design is based off unwiished version to me

Kinda looks like a blend of the two to me. And is it just me or is Sonic Team going out of their way to make City Escape the blandest level in terms of Aesthetics.sad.png

How much platforming did Rooftop Run have guys? Is it a boostan-Unleashed level, or more like SS/SSH, or in between? I am asking because I did not watch the video and I do not want to get spoiled.

How much platforming did Rooftop Run have guys? Is it a boostan-Unleashed level, or more like SS/SSH, or in between? I am asking because I did not watch the video and I do not want to get spoiled.

It's more like ssh/ss(but not as good) with lots or references to the original. There's quite a lot of platforming compared to the original. Even though it's shorter. It might in-fact be one of my favorite levels.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's more like ssh/ss(but not as good) with lots or references to the original. There's quite a lot of platforming compared to the original. Even though it's shorter. It might in-fact be one of my favorite levels.

Cool! I don't demand that every level is like SSH/SS, I just want more focus on platforming (I also have fun with boostan-linear levels, but more platforming is always better), and from what you said, this level is providing that, which is good!

I think there's a bit of a pattern in this game where the Ruins levels have the most branching paths/open areas. Makes me wonder what Crisis City will be like

That was pretty much perfect. It had elements of Acts 1 and 2 of the original level, as well as the Act 5 DLC. It also had the swinging axes from Adabat, which was pretty cool. It was the perfect balance between the speed and exhilaration of the original, as well as the platforming sensibilities that Generations brings to the table. It also has so many different elements to it: it's got elements of a European city, a school university, a carnival or theme park with all of the balloons, and of course, the assaulting Flying Battery-blimp makes it seem like Eggman's launching an attack on the city, which definitely gives the stage a bit more weight, given it's the penultimate stage in the game. That music is also ear-sex.

I love it. And yeah, I know people will complain that it's not QUITE as long as the original, but they probably scaled back the Modern levels so they wouldn't dwarf Classic Sonic's levels in length, given how Modern Sonic's levels HAVE to be longer due to how much faster his gameplay is. Plus, think of all the reasons to replay the stage (the alternate paths, red rings, and probably WAY more), as well as the additional missions each stage will have. So yeah, I'm definitely pleased.

Edited by Classic Hedgehogs Boost
  • Thumbs Up 2

SEGA...stop teasing me. I'm now avoiding playthroughs of Chemical Plant, Sky Sanctuary, Seaside Hill, and Rooftop Run.

Anyway, I'm not surprised to learn that the level is shorter. Generations seems to be sacrificing level length for level width and I'm okay with that. Unleashed has long levels, but they're usually much more linear and uninvolved than Generations stages are.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm normally the last person to be happy about getting less content, but I'm not really upset that Generations' levels are shorter than Unleashed's. I feel like most of Unleashed's levels overstayed their welcome about two-thirds of the way through anyway, so chopping about that much off the end and making up for it in density is pretty much exactly what I wanted.

• Thumbs Up 4

Another big thing is that while the original RR had two Aero-Chaser sequences, Generations likely only has one (not counting the clock tower one, and again, haven't watched the videos, so if I'm wrong ignore me). Not to mention RR's second chase was a fair chunk of the stage, and took a while.

SEGA...stop teasing me. I'm now avoiding playthroughs of Chemical Plant, Sky Sanctuary, Seaside Hill, and Rooftop Run.

Anyway, I'm not surprised to learn that the level is shorter. Generations seems to be sacrificing level length for level width and I'm okay with that. Unleashed has long levels, but they're usually much more linear and uninvolved than Generations stages are.

Edited by Omnis Doc Invictus
  • Thumbs Up 1

Snuck a peak at the first few seconds of Rooftop Run...Wow, that looks like a vast improvement over Unleashed.

Hey guys TSSZ news has a full gameplay video of Modern rooftop run. The guy playing it was just skipping all of the alternate paths but the level has vastly improved from the Unleashed version

It was ok the stage didn't blow me away like the other ones have but it still looks decent

It was ok the stage didn't blow me away like the other ones have but it still looks decent

If there is one stage that will blow my mind, it's crisis city

Crisis City should be an amazing stage. 06 was crappy, but the Sonic stages did have plenty of open space and many routes.

Meh, Rooftop Run looks great, leagues above any other Sonic 3D game; but just doesn't compare to levels like Sky Sanctuary and Seaside Hill. Probably due to the boost happy level it was originally from? Anyway, I expect BIG things from Planet Wisp

Well rooftop run is one of the unleashed stages that I didn't really care for. Maybe when I actually play it my opinion will change but as of now this stage isn't doing it for me although it does look more challenging than the other levels so that's a Pro.

Damn, looks like my picture of Rooftop Run I did awile back done the actual stage justice, good.

Absolutely love that violin.

Well rooftop run is one of the unleashed stages that I didn't really care for. Maybe when I actually play it my opinion will change but as of now this stage isn't doing it for me although it does look more challenging than the other levels so that's a Pro.

From what I can make out It has plenty of alternate pathways and 3D platforming. In my opinion it's an improvement from the Unleashed version. I have a feeling my first time playing through this level I might get a little lost lol

• Thumbs Up 1

Well... the song is nice.

Explanation anyone? Unless it's the generations theme song. Because that would make people really mad hahar!

Edited by Hogfather

I'm quite pleased it was Rooftop Run they demoed, as if it were Planet Wisp or Crisis City I would have had to be much more restrained in watching footage, as RR is the level I am looking forward to least from the Modern era, due to being the only stage I never played the original of, perhaps. I only decided to watch a few glimpses of the RR footage (mostly because the music is beautiful that I loaded the video in the first place), but it looks pretty good. It does seem rather short and I didn't see many alternate routes due to watching very little of the footage, but if they're widening it instead of making it long and stupidly linear, fair does. Other than that, some of the level design I did see was quite strange, Hard mode style stuff. Looks fun, but not sure what to really think until I play the full level.