Awoo.

Sega to demo a later stage at Paris Games Weekons

ソウル

The second presentation ended just less than an hour ago. I'm betting they showed the Classic version of Rooftop Run at that one. Hopefully we'll see some footage soon.

A 14h deuxième et ultime conférence de Takashi Iizuka pour Sonic Generations - pour celle ci nous offrons chapeaux et tours de cou !

I hope they put up classics rooftop run soon, I want to hear the remix already.

Edited by Johnny Boy

Sonic le Hérisson in the TSS comments says this:

One more important thing is that in the video IIzuka says that the Sonic Team will makes another games with the classic sonic
  • Thumbs Up 7

I would hope we get more Classic Sonic. Before Generations I liked the two designs pretty much the same, with a small preference of the Classic designs, but now I like them a lot more.

That fills me with happiness. If we can get a Classic Sonic series running alongside a Modern Sonic series, well, that'd be wonderful.

• Thumbs Up 2

More from Sonic le Hérisson:

Don’t worry lol Iizuka & the french translator in the first video a 3.10 ” nous allons continuer à vous proproser des gameplay en 2D à l’ancienne, mais aussi 3D donc il y en aura pour tous les goûts ”

=> we’ll keep on making classic gameplay on 2d, but others still in 3D so we hope that everybody will be satisfied

This is exactly what I wanted to hear. Iizuka, this decision makes me proud. Just promise me you'll learn from your mistakes with each next title (read: rolling, brotha), and we're absolutely peachy.

EDIT: Oh, so he really said classic gameplay was continuously coming back, although no direct mention of classic Sonic coming back. That's cool, although my body isn't ready for yet another purist war I still hope they'd bring classic Sonic back for the classic styled titles.

Edited by Azukara

If they're thinking about using Classic Sonic for future episodes of Sonic 4 then they might as well just ignore Sonic 4 episode 1 and pretend that didn't happen.

• Thumbs Up 6

If they're thinking about using Classic Sonic for future episodes of Sonic 4 then they might as well just ignore Sonic 4 episode 1 and pretend that didn't happen.

They should do that both with or without classic Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 3

Sonic 4 Episode what? I don't know what you're talking about. Sounds silly.

• Thumbs Up 1

But if they ignore Episode 1, how the hell will the Episode 2 name make sense? o_O

Edited by The Dead Skin

I would argue about how Episode 1 didn't make any sense either, considering the plot revolved around Eggman going back to his greatest machines to kill Sonic, and consequently considering the wrecking ball to be one of his greatest... but obviously there's no such thing as Sonic 4 Episode 1 and it never existed to begin with.

• Thumbs Up 2

But if they ignore Episode 1, how the hell will the Episode 2 name make sense? o_O

They can always rename it: "Sonic 4: the version that doesn't make God cry"

Edited by Anarchistguy
  • Thumbs Up 6

Simple. Retcon modern Sonic for classic, consider Episode 1 as a prologue of sorts and continue a new, original game in Episode 2.

Although it wouldn't necessarily be removing S4:E1, it would make the more unimportant and overlooked title. And with it's quality and inconsistencies, it's probably for the best.

I think SEGA would just be better off by saying that "Episode I" was a figurative title to show that it was a prologue to the main game. Then just release a single game titled "Sonic the Hedgehog 4."

I'd simply be happy with Classic Sonic reappearing as an alternative skin, though I wouldn't lose much sleep if he doesn't make it in, either. The different physics, the homing attack.. Sonic 4 sorta seems like the bridge between Classic and Modern, and if that's the way it stays, I'd be fine with that. What I hope they do for future Sonic 4 titles is do something substantial, like actually have original content, or fix the God-forsaken physics.

Now I'd like to see more of a bridge between the 2 gameplay styles in future games, rather than perpetuating an incision in the fanbase. For example, what if the future titles were more of a fusion of the Classic AND Modern gameplay? Think Sonic Colors, but with even more Classic elements, such as the spin dash and an increased focus on momentum and platforming? I think that would be a step towards making everyone happy, rather than, again, trying to firmly split the fanbase between Classic and Modern. I've laid out a big plan for that somewhere on this very forum, but I'm feeling a bit too lazy to dig it up right now.

But I must say, I'd be curious to see how Sonic Team would keep Classic Sonic around, or if he'd star in a new set of titles.. it's an interesting thought to say the least.

EDIT: here's what I came up with:

Edited by EXshad

Simple. Retcon modern Sonic for classic, consider Episode 1 as a prologue of sorts and continue a new, original game in Episode 2.

Although it wouldn't necessarily be removing S4:E1, it would make the more unimportant and overlooked title. And with it's quality and inconsistencies, it's probably for the best.

Episode 1 is a prologue.

In an attempt to steer this back to the Rooftop Run I'll share my two cents on it. The Remix has given me all kinds of glee and do love how they've made it look more vibrant. However I'm really disappointed with all the bottomless pits shown, I didn't like them in Unleashed and I damn sure don't like them here.

• Thumbs Up 1